PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends four Saints players; Vilma out for one year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pherein - You are a great poster and I understand your love for the players on your team. However, blind support of them in light of the evidence that the league has really doesn't help.

The Bills, Panthers, etc, had pools for Interceptions, fumbles, defensive TDs, etc. They did NOT include attempts to hurt others. Well, the Bills program might have while Williams was there, but we don't know.

The players clearly circled the wagons on this to protect themselves from lawsuits and potential legal action. That is why they refused to be interviewed by the NFL. The problem for Fujita, Hargrove, Vilma, and Smith is that whomever blew the whistle on the program is the one that probably gave them the names of the players as well. It's very easy to understand why the league refuses to give out their "evidence" since it would probably lead directly to the identification of the person who blew the whistle.

Another problem for these four players is that is this has a bigger impact. It directly impacts the ongoing lawsuits and any future lawsuits that players might have against the league. In fact, these four can kiss any hope of filing a lawsuit against the league regarding concussions good-bye. Not to mention that player safety was a huge issue during the last CBA and yet, you have players openly trying to injure others. Lends itself to reasonable doubt that the players really care about safety,

One other thing I find surprising is that Vilma supposedly thought he'd get a suspension that was between 2 and 8 games. Why would he expect that if he did nothing wrong? Makes no sense.

Williams, Peyton, and Loomis admitted that the program included bounties for injuries to opposing players. Not to mention the outside marketing guy.. Are you really going to believe that they all lied in some conspiracy against Smith, Vilma, Hargrove, and Fujita.

Thats nice of you to say DaBruinz. I respect yours and others opinions here a lot. Im not sure its as important that we all agree, lol. Im sure my own bias prevents that to a certain degree. :)

Well, I don't think I have been blind about it. But, I do completely understand why a lot of the Saints fans are blind to it all though. The media, NFL, and opposing fans would have them believe that the Saints are an evil secret organization, with a criminal mastermind Benson, pompous arrogant genius Payton, Blood thirsty brute Willians with his minion side kick Vitt. All scorning and laughing at the poor hero of player safely Goodell, giggling at his plea to stop kill innocent players to win games on the speaker phone while popping Vicodin, and Payton points out where to hit Rogers to rupture a major artery. :)
They have no one supporting them, and as much right to be one sided fanatics, and believe in the team,as people have the right to irrationally condemn the Saints.

I have to admit though, all of this nonsense has created some funny artwork on our site at least
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and fans are working the final cut pro to death,lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wynjacSBonw

But, Im also not blind to the media, NFLPA, NFL, Goodell, girl scouts, and popular opinion either.

I thought Vilma's thinking was odd also. But then I thought, the guy just wants to play football. Maybe the smart thing Goodell should have done is give him 8 games. I don't think he would have fought that. Thats just a "Whatever he's I jerk, Ill let it go" moment. Fighting Goodell is money out of his pocket, and a chance he'll never play again. Remember Goodell meets with you and you must repent, before you play again,lol.

I really don't care much for the whistleblower excuse. Its the right of everyone accused to face their accuser and full evidence against them. If someone does not believe that then they were not born in america. Don't care if its IBM,NFL, or NAACP. And thats exactly what is happening to Saints players and coaches, and the #1 reason fans are pissed.

No, lol, Im big into conspiracy theories. What I think has happened is this. 1000's of emails, and some documents where given to the NFL, not taken given. The NFL didn't Raid the SuperDome,lol.
They found a couple emails and PP slide showing a pay for play system was in place after 2010.
coupled with Vilma statement, one email were payton said " Put me down for $5000 on Rogers".
Goodell got pissed, and immediately went to disciplining the Saints for a bounty program he can't prove, and all players say never happened. Goodell knows now he can't prove anyone was paid to injure, or that a pay to injure bounty program was in place. He can only prove a pay to play was in place, and that what GW admitted to. This is why he did not release any info to the NFLPA or the players.
He dosnt have it.
I think Goodell got pissed and jumped the gun, and why Vilma, Smith, and the NFLPA are not worried about taking him on.

Oh, and they are taking him on BTW
NFLPA grievances attempt to steer review process away from Goodell
NFLPA grievances attempt to steer review process away from Goodell | ProFootballTalk
"In one grievance, filed under Article 43 of the labor deal, the union initially argues that Goodell lacks the authority to discipline players for conduct occurring before August 4, 2011, the date on which the current CBA was finalized. The grievance cites language releasing all players from conduct in which the players engaged before August 4, 2011.

The Article 43 grievance then argues that, as the discipline relates to any intention or effort or offer to injure opposing players, Ted Cottrell and Art Shell have authority over the appeal process, and not Goodell. Cottrell and Shell have been jointly appointed by the NFL and the NFLPA to handle the appeals of fines or suspensions for “conduct on the playing field with respect to an opposing player or players.” The NFLPA believes that the bounty allegations fall within the scope of that clause.

Williams, Peyton, and Loomis never admitted to having a program in place to injure players for money. I think you fell prey to a common PR misconception. Beside they would be idiots to do so, and open themselves up to lawsuits. Even in respect to hardgrove its PR spin.
http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/47297167#47297167

Payton never admitted to anything, not sure why people keep saying that. He just said its his responsibility.
Sean Payton still admits nothing, with suspension looming | HULIQ

Personally I still take Paytons side on this. He told GW to stop the pay to play program in 2010, and has said he didn't lie to anyone. Payton unlike the players has no recourse to defend himself. He either does what Goodell wants or never coaches again, simple.

I know you are smarter than that.

I really can't say that with a clear conscience. :) Depends on what or who that is. I am smarter than a shovel.

We are blogging like crazy on this topic,lol
http://blackandgold.com/blogs/saintfan/312-we-have-hypocrite-our-midst.html

http://blackandgold.com/blogs/burningmetal/313-goodell-dictator.html

http://blackandgold.com/blogs/ufosaff1/318-how-serious-you-now-goodell.html

http://blackandgold.com/blogs/saint...ghts-whole-crazy-bounty-wiretappingthing.html

http://blackandgold.com/blogs/saintsfan4ever/320-nfl-business-model-franchise.html

http://blackandgold.com/blogs/slomotion/319-perspective-everything.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
how about some shovelhead??

tn_k_sm.gif

how about some shovelhead??

tn_k_sm.gif

Brain wise it has me beat, but sorry its never going to beat my ride or pink pirate head gear to piss of tough guys,lol

IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_1002.jpg

Brain wise it has me beat, but sorry its never going to beat my ride or pink pirate head gear to piss of tough guys,lol

Hey, you must be a chick magnet down there!

Hey, you must be a chick magnet down there!

LOL, way way to kind, thanks. Im just a geek. What matters most is whats inside a person. Beauty fades but stupid last forever,lol. Unfortunately sense Im not to bright or the other Im 0-2 :)

Last edited:
LOL, way way to kind, thanks. Im just a geek. What matters most is whats inside a person. Beauty fades but stupid last forever,lol.

Oh no it doesn't. I was a lunatic roadie for a couple of decades. Now I'm a super geek that collects microscopes. Sometimes you just can't see the future. :)

Oh no it doesn't. I was a lunatic roadie for a couple of decades. Now I'm a super geek that collects microscopes. Sometimes you just can't see the future. :)

wow, what bands? Ok, thats a odd hobby, old microscopes? Thats sound kind of cool.

Last edited:
wow, what bands? Ok, thats a odd hobby, old microscopes? Thats sound kind of cool.

The most recognizable would be support on a Nazareth tour, Foghat and many regional New England acts. I calmed down in the mid 90s and hooked up with a sound company and had the opportunity to mix a great deal of national and semi-national acts. One of the best memories is a one month USO tour in Korea on army bases with Tower of Power as the support act. They never had acts like those out there and the GIs just lost their minds. I could tell stories all night. :)

The microscope thing started when I was about 8, (60s), and got picked up again in the 90s. With a good paying job and not applying money to, shall we say, personal enlightenment, I definitely went OCD and started collecting and am up to about 25 instruments ranging from the 1920s to the 1980s. It's a pretty safe hobby.

The most recognizable would be support on a Nazareth tour, Foghat and many regional New England acts. I calmed down in the mid 90s and hooked up with a sound company and had the opportunity to mix a great deal of national and semi-national acts. One of the best memories is a one month USO tour in Korea on army bases with Tower of Power as the support act. They never had acts like those out there and the GIs just lost their minds. I could tell stories all night. :)

The microscope thing started when I was about 8, (60s), and got picked up again in the 90s. With a good paying job and not applying money to, shall we say, personal enlightenment, I definitely went OCD and started collecting and am up to about 25 instruments ranging from the 1920s to the 1980s. It's a pretty safe hobby.

cool life, you toured with these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG0-3xlAkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCr2APDza_I

what went on, acid, chicks? How crazy was it?
How did you get the USO gig? Very interesting stuff. Can you post your microscopes? love to see them.

Last edited:
Re: Huge suspension for Saints players

Have any of the other teams that Greg Williams coached been given punishments?
Its already known that he instituted this whereever he went so unless the other teams get a similar punishment then its just more hypocrisy from Goodell. Much like the way the Dolphins were told they were fine for spying on the Patriots but then when Goodell went after the Patriots he was reviewing stuff prior to the Dolphins incident.

I understand where you're coming from. But, as I mentioned either in this thread or another, these are political decisions by Goodell as much as they are decisions designed to mete out justice.

Rightly, wrongly, fairly, unfairly...that depends on your perspective. Or as the old saying goes, "Where you stand is where you sit."

Patriots Nation and Saints Nation see the Spygate and Bountygate outcomes differently than most of the rest of the NFL fanbase.

Re: Huge suspension for Saints players

Patriots Nation and Saints Nation see the Spygate and Bountygate outcomes differently than most of the rest of the NFL fanbase.

God, thats so true

cool life, you tour with these guys.
Nazareth Hair of the Dog - YouTube

How did you get the USO gig? Very interesting stuff. Can you post your microscopes? love to see them.

LOL We were out on the Godzilla tour. The Korean tour was put together by the USO. It was back in the 80s and we had to use all Korean made equipment. It was pretty bad, but we made it work.

Here's some pics of a real favorite. It's a Reichert Zetopan research stand from the late 70s.

Please pardon the thread interruption everyone.

Last edited:
hey Frezo...can I borrow that??

since I hit middle age I can't seem to located my d!ck...I know it's down there somewhere...

hey Frezo...can I borrow that??

since I hit middle age I can't seem to located my d!ck...I know it's down there somewhere...

If there's a Budweiser hump to get around, you'll need a periscope. :)

now...which hump is that?

heh...that's a job for Bud man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes