PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends four Saints players; Vilma out for one year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see the mountain of evidence they supposedly have. After how poorly they handled spygate they arent handling this any better. I understand that they probably don't want to expose the whistle blower but eventually it's going to come out and right now the league is looking worse and worse. If they really have all this evidence show it, hell show some of it. We were railroaded in 2007 for something that was overblown and I don't want to see another team railroaded for something that was overblown.

How do you figure that the league is looking worse and worse? Because you or those idiot players say so? Get real.

Fact is that the league has EMAILS to Payton from an outside sources that says that he's thrown $5K into the pot. Williams admitting to the entire thing. Benson and Loomis both said they knew about it and that Benson told Loomis to end it.

The league doesn't have to show any of it. Why? Because they aren't a public entity and they can handle the suspensions they way they see fit.

For you to claim that this is in any way, shape or form "overblown" is just ludicrous and shows you have your head in the sand.

How do you figure that the league is looking worse and worse? Because you or those idiot players say so? Get real.

Fact is that the league has EMAILS to Payton from an outside sources that says that he's thrown $5K into the pot. Williams admitting to the entire thing. Benson and Loomis both said they knew about it and that Benson told Loomis to end it.

The league doesn't have to show any of it. Why? Because they aren't a public entity and they can handle the suspensions they way they see fit.

For you to claim that this is in any way, shape or form "overblown" is just ludicrous and shows you have your head in the sand.

How can you honestly trust anything the league does after the way they handled the Pats situation? After they completely ignored the Dolphins and Jets doing similar things while throwing us under the bus? Yes they have evidence of emails between Payton and Williams admitting to these things and they were suspended, no issues there. Yes the league doesn't have to show anything but they should, just as they should have when it came with our situation because frankly all it did was make it worse and you get yahoos to this day saying the league destroyed evidence because it was "so bad" or that we were taping freakin practices.

Last edited:
NFLPA grievances attempt to steer review process away from Goodell
NFLPA grievances attempt to steer review process away from Goodell | ProFootballTalk

Article 43 deals with Non-Injury Grievances. First and foremost, there is nothing in Article 43 that says that they have immunity from rules violations that occurred prior to August 4th, 2011. And it's very clear that the Management Council (which includes Goodell) has the right to issue the original punishment. It is only the appeals process which is governed by a board of 4 arbitrators.

It would seem that the NFLPA has a disconnect..

Re: Huge suspension for Saints players

Vilma is lucky its only the year.

Yes Vilma deserves to be punished but a year's suspension is ridiculous that's the same time Payton got.No one can honestly believe a Head Coach who supported and instituted this system , and a player who merely participated in it deserve the same punishment.Players have a small finite career whereas a coach can coach for decades so in actuality Vilma was punished more than Payton.

That is why they refused to be interviewed by the NFL.

Just reasons for the NFLPA not wanting the players to meet with the NFL.
Given Birch's history, an NFLPA official indicated Friday the union did not believe he would be at all fair or impartial if the players facing disciplinary action in the bounty matter accepted Goodell's invigation to discuss things in New York.
http://www.nola.com/saints/app/4949...te-judge-in-case-involving-de-will-smith.html

Because they are looking worse I think, for fans that take the time to look up the history of a player bounty program. This is wide spread in the NFL, and has been a part of the game forever. Most players admit that. Regardless of the Saints situation, or moral implications of such a program, the fact exist that the Disney like stand the NFL is taking to prosecute the Entire Saints organization as the sole evil creator of this culture is a lie.
NFL Bounty Players Paid To Injure Opponents | Breaking News for Black America
Football's Failed Conscience: The NFL's Pay-Per-Injury 'Incentive' System - News - GOOD

The NFL, and Goodell have know about this for years. They perpetuated it with the many "Biggest hits" films, complete with statements of 49ers players offering money to take out players on the film. How did they miss that ? They didn't.
NFL Hardest Hits 2012

I was completely shocked as a fan to find this was a part of the game,and the NFL is now using that shock to cloak themselves as someone that just found out about it.

Is it wrong? yes, and should be dealt with. It should have been a long time ago.

But the misinformation coming from Goodell portraying himself as some white knight of player safety has gone to far. I am constantly correcting fans of things that are not true or never been said. Even the email you show was from a player agent to Payton, and he never responded to it. Everyone how knows the agent even said it was a joke. Apparently by not responding Payton did not think it was funny.
Look at this report and notice how they correct it with a footnote, at the bottom, with out erasing their origin text.
Sean Payton Email That Ties Him To Bountygate | SportsGrid

No one is reporting the complete disconnect between Payton and williams. That we have know way before this happened. Or how the Saints are extremely compartmentalized. So DC's and OC's would not talk for weeks.
Sean Payton's and Gregg Williams' dysfunctional relationship exposed in the NFL appeals process - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com
Or that Williams was scheduled to be fired, and the clause in his contract didn't allow Payton to tell him what to do.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/gregg_williams_style_was_brash.html

Full release from the NFL on Sean Payton's suspension, other sanctions - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com
Coach Vitt said one of his primary roles was to monitor the activity of Coach Williams. This was based on the direction of Coach Payton, who apparently had less than full confidence in Coach Williams.

"I think I can say, 'well it was what it was.' It’s part of the NFL."
http://www.wdsu.com/sports/30595516/detail.html#ixzz1u5t7ezcK

That doesn't sound to me like someone who really cares about his suspension or takes any of this seriously. Gregg Williams is a dinosaur of american football, and should never coach again. People are blaming Saints players, SP,Vitt, and Loomis for all of this.
While williams really isn't taking much of a hit anymore. When there is no doubt that Williams created, lied, and continued it. I think the NFL wants him to fad away, so he can coach next season. Because to Goodell he's money in the bank. Williams is just another Vick story waiting to happen. And when SPcomes back next year, what better game can you think of than Saints VS Rams, with williams as the DC. All made up conjecture, of course, that Im not completely convinced of, but... :)

I could go on for hours about this. But it does show it is overblown, in respect to the Saints, and who was actually involved, any Real evidence the NFL has, and that the misinformation about it has become the Norm in the media and other fans eyes. That includes Saints fans as well.

The right course of action is for Goodell to not hire payed, so called " Independent counsel"
to release statements. Its to release evidence they claim is "full proof", and end all doubt.
Thereby ending the matter, and the impending court cases that will drag this on, and eventually might force the release of it anyway. I don't see how anyone could argue that its Not in the best interest of the NFL to put this to rest. The same way Goodell should have with spygate.

Last edited:
Article 43 deals with Non-Injury Grievances. First and foremost, there is nothing in Article 43 that says that they have immunity from rules violations that occurred prior to August 4th, 2011. And it's very clear that the Management Council (which includes Goodell) has the right to issue the original punishment. It is only the appeals process which is governed by a board of 4 arbitrators.

It would seem that the NFLPA has a disconnect..

Well Im sure they know better than you or I what they hope to accomplish here. I don't see this as what they ultimately want to accomplish. I see this as typical legal harassment to make Goodell take a stand on all of the open issues, close all the loose ends, before this posibly goes to court.
Personally Im not convinced that the NFLPA cares about the Saints players being penalized. I think they are mad because Goodell refuses to show them the evidence they ask for. Which makes them look useless in the eyes of players and media. This seems more about them trying to force Goodell to give them what they ask for, and Goodell basically telling them to piss off. Its possible this is their real motive. I don't know.

Because they are looking worse I think, for fans that take the time to look up the history of a player bounty program. This is wide spread in the NFL, and has been a part of the game forever. Most players admit that. ....Thereby ending the matter, and the impending court cases that will drag this on, and eventually might force the release of it anyway. I don't see how anyone could argue that its Not in the best interest of the NFL to put this to rest. The same way Goodell should have with spygate.

You're letting your fandom get in the way of your analysis, IMO.

You're letting your fandom get in the way of your analysis, IMO.

lol, well yeah, thats obvious. :)
But at least I am trying to see the other perspective, and I have not just posted things to support my own way of thinking. Is it wrong to point out that you and others haven't ? You have never changed Deus, ever, I find that suspect, and possibly close minded.
Not as bad as MoLewisrocks, I have respect for everyones opinion but he's clearly entering the non thinking fanatical stage. MoLewisrocks is not interested in a discussion just proving himself, and thats cute, just not interested if its easy to beat but no one listens.

I think even you remember at first I believed everything said about the Saints by the NFL, and even called for SP's and GW's removal. Im still ashamed of what happened, and think the suspensions are a good thing for the Saints to endure. We don't want this kind of football in NO. Really don't care who else is doing it.
I don't want it here. We are generaly football loving fans, and believe in sportmanship. And Pay to Play or Bounties are not wanted here. We just didn't know.

I would not misconstrue the fans trying to work this out in our own minds. Posting our known perspectives or even opposites, too find a truth to it all. To ever confuse our way of thinking about this. We want it stopped. We are happy it is stopped, and we never want to see this kind of behavior again.

I find it very hard to believe that even if this was still legal in the NFL, our fan base would have been supportive of it, if we found out GW was doing it in 2009.
We're just not built that way as a culture, and I think other fans see that when they visit us at the Dome. This is very embarrassing to us.
But we do want to know the absolute truth of it. Even if we find SP masterminded the entire thing. At lease then we can be in a position to call for his removal as fans. Right now the Goodell is just leaving us fragmented.

I mean, this is just how ridicules its getting. This is clearly out of control.
New Orleans Saints Scandal: Drew Brees Should've Been Suspended
http://network.yardbarker.com/autho...c=mb_right_col&mailing_id=1568&sport_name=nfl

The sad thing is that this is the thing Im constantly fighting in forums.

Brees who also knew that the defense put bounties on players who play his position?

This statement is a complete lie and fabrication, but will now be taken as gospel by other NFL fans.
Now I think your understanding, maybe, of why we want the evidence released. Exactly how many lies are we suppose to deal with to make everyone feel better about themselves?

This does nothing but to unify our fans and create an unneeded counter culture to support the team fanatically, and thats happening. As I have proved. It doesn't need to be this way. But what alternative is the NFL giving us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jkbaQcJO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT70GbL3jaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXgnEr3Sfc

its getting out of control, and thats the NFL and Goodells fault. Maybe they didn't understand us as fans.

Last edited:
lol, well yeah, thats obvious. :)
But at least I am trying to see the other perspective, and I have not just posted things to support my own way of thinking. Is it wrong to point out that you and others haven't ? You have never changed Deus, ever, I find that suspect, and possibly close minded.
Not as bad as MoLewisrocks, I have respect for everyones opinion but he's clearly entering the non thinking fanatical stage. MoLewisrocks is not interested in a discussion just proving himself, and thats cute, just not interested if its easy to beat but no one listens.

I think even you remember at first I believed everything said about the Saints by the NFL, and even called for SP's and GW's removal. Im still ashamed of what happened, and think the suspensions are a good thing for the Saints to endure. We don't want this kind of football in NO. Really don't care who else is doing it.
I don't want it here. We are generaly football loving fans, and believe in sportmanship. And Pay to Play or Bounties are not wanted here. We just didn't know.

I would not misconstrue the fans trying to work this out in our own minds. Posting our known perspectives or even opposites, too find a truth to it all. To ever confuse our way of thinking about this. We want it stopped. We are happy it is stopped, and we never want to see this kind of behavior again.

I find it very hard to believe that even if this was still legal in the NFL, our fan base would have been supportive of it, if we found out GW was doing it in 2009.
We're just not built that way as a culture, and I think other fans see that when they visit us at the Dome. This is very embarrassing to us.
But we do want to know the absolute truth of it. Even if we find SP masterminded the entire thing. At lease then we can be in a position to call for his removal as fans. Right now the Goodell is just leaving us fragmented.

I mean, this is just how ridicules its getting. This is clearly out of control.

The sad thing is that this is the thing Im constantly fighting in forums.

This statement is a complete lie and fabrication, but will now be taken as gospel by other NFL fans.
Now I think your understanding, maybe, of why we want the evidence released. Exactly how many lies are we suppose to deal with to make everyone feel better about themselves?

This does nothing but to unify our fans and create an unneeded counter culture to support the team fanatically, and thats happening. As I have proved. It doesn't need to be this way. But what alternative is the NFL giving us.
Saints 2012 TEASER PROMO:WEATHERING THE STORM - YouTube

FREE SEAN PAYTON RALLY SONG!!! - YouTube

Saints fans: Free Sean Payton - YouTube

its getting out of control, and thats the NFL and Goodells fault. Maybe they didn't understand us as fans.

The saints got extremely lucky. The fact that the saints organization even still exists is a surprise. What if a saints player killed someone? If anyone can find just one gruesome hit by a saints player in the past few years the NFL might lose everything, because saints players got incredibly idiotic.

One hit is all it will take for a jury to award ex NFL players insane amounts of money in any of the lawsuits.

And you are trying to say that every team has something like this is somehow an excuse. It isn't. The saints were just dumb enough to get caught.

There is no way Sean Payton should not be banned from the NFL for life, along with Gregg Williams, the GM, and the saints entire front office. You can't say they all didn't know.

You also can't possibly believe Drew Brees and offensive players didn't know. I am sure they had an inkling.

The other thing I think Goodell should have very publicly done is announced that if anything even remotely negative to the NFL happens in the Saints organization that the NFL will force Benson to sell.

If any of this research of head concussions comes out like everyone will think it will, the NFL will be in for a world of financial pain. The bounty scandal just increases the amount of money lawyers will steal from the NFL. And one really horrid looking hit with a few bad looking hits or penalties and the NFL could be forced to pay out billions per year.

What do you think the NFLPA would do if the NFL had to bring the cap number down to $50 million again because it simply didn't have the money?

Nothing much to be gained going forward arguing with someone who has become emotionally delusional to the point he desperately, persistently links to articles that actually simply underscore the validity of the league's actions. And now he is unraveling to the point he insults those who have long treated him like a welcome guest here prior to his personal defense of the fleur de lis meltdown. Just a one track troll now desperately seeking validation for his own delusion by attempting to make it about us (fans) vs. Goodell. It's not. Hell, even Deus gets that.

There is a reason the only appeals the NFLPA is persuing are directed at attempting to fabricate potential the existence of technical loopholes in the appeals or even disciplinary processes... They aren't dumb enough to even attempt to actually mount an appeal based on the insufficiency of the evidence. Although fueling the perception that it might be is of course not beneath them. They are playing to an audience and they know just how gullible it is and now many of them are by nature tin foil conspiracy theorists in perpetual denial...

Nothing much to be gained going forward arguing with someone who has become emotionally delusional to the point he desperately, persistently links to articles that actually simply underscore the validity of the league's actions. And now he is unraveling to the point he insults those who have long treated him like a welcome guest here prior to his personal defense of the fleur de lis meltdown. Just a one track troll now desperately seeking validation for his own delusion by attempting to make it about us (fans) vs. Goodell. It's not. Hell, even Deus gets that.

There is a reason the only appeals the NFLPA is persuing are directed at attempting to fabricate potential the existence of technical loopholes in the appeals or even disciplinary processes... They aren't dumb enough to even attempt to actually mount an appeal based on the insufficiency of the evidence. Although fueling the perception that it might be is of course not beneath them. They are playing to an audience and they know just how gullible it is and now many of them are by nature tin foil conspiracy theorists in perpetual denial...

Well agreed the statement is harsh, but this is kind of information I was fishing for, sorry man, but you just would not budge.
You have a perception that any support of the Saints position is delusional, even with evidence coming to light that shows the NFL changed Hardgroves, Vitts, and even possibly Williams positions, a source close to williams has stated, from what they actually said in their declarations. That includes their attorney. Who should have known that the statements givin did not include admitting a Play to injure bounty program.
Smith's statements, that make perfect sense. Where he points out, why would you participate in a pay to injure program paying $2500 to take out Farve when your fine from the NFL for the hit is going to be $15,000, and that it was a pay to performance program.
$2500 to these guys is a $25 bet to you and me, theres simply no money in it.
Its never been about the fans vs Goodell. Its about the saints players and staff vs Goodell, no one else is involved. The fans want this to go away.
Im kind of at a loss of how many times this has to be said.

Who admitted and what evidence shows a pay to injure program at NO ?
SP = no
GW = no ( recently discovered he never said it)
Smith = no
Vilma = no
Vitt = no
Hardgrove = no recently discovered he never said it)
all other saints and staff = no

Who admitted and what evidence shows a pay for performance program at NO ?
SP = yes
GW = yes
Smith = yes
Vilma = yes
Vitt = yes
Hardgrove = yes

Who admitted to lying to Goodell at NO ?
SP = no
GW = yes
Smith = no
Vilma = no
Vitt = no
Hardgrove = yes ( but then he was told to play dumb, not lie)
all other saints and staff = no

If Hargrove was actually told these things, and that's a big if considering it's being vehemently denied by a well respected long tenured coach (as opposed to a multiple drug-offender in Hargrove), it would have been because of Jimmy Kennedy. One of the original reasons that the NFL believed there might be a bounty program in the Saints Org is because allegedly, Hargrove told his good friend Jimmy Kennedy, then with the Vikings, that there was a bounty on Favre in the NFCCG. I say allegedly because both Kennedy and Hargrove have denied that the conversation ever took place. *
The Saints coaches were told that this was a reason for the investigation, so it would make sense to talk to Hargrove, understand why he would say such a thing (if he said it), and make sure he understood the ramifications of doing so. Whether or not the program existed (and I'm not denying it cause how would I know) doesn't change the fact that they would need to talk to Hargrove, since his alleged comments to Kennedy kicked off the investigation. *

But the saints are not being punished for a pay for performance program by Goodell. They are being punish for lying to Goodell, and a existing bounty program to intentionally injure other players. He has been very clear on that. Almost no evidence exist that this was the case. Short of 1 email to SP, and vilma making a $10,000 bet, worth about $100 to a NFL player. All of which was in 2009, nothing later.

Yet, its fact, because Goodell said it happened. Even after he has tampered with statements, and released false information threw his attorney, changed his position toward the NFLPA 2x, and your fine with that. And we're delusional ?

I know I am coming on a little strong, and probably guilty of trying to illicit a response from you by playing a trick. I admit that, but I have respected your post for so long, and can't for the life of me understand the concrete definitive passion of your position in this. The evidence is just not there, and thats really all we are asking for. this needs to enter another level of objective discussion.

Last edited:
You also can't possibly believe Drew Brees and offensive players didn't know. I am sure they had an inkling.

wow, ok. Guess that means Brady knew about spygate, and should have been suspended. wow, sorry not buying either.

Last edited:
wow, ok. Guess that means Brady knew about spygate, and should have been suspended. wow, sorry not buying either.

It's slightly different since one involved coaching tactics entirely and once had player involvement. It's much more likely in the case of spygate that they watched the film for tendencies and then reported the tendencies to the players or said "hey look for X when they do Y."

I do, however, agree that we shouldn't assume Brees knew. First he's an offensive player, second I don't assume anything after the way I see people constantly assume the Patriots did all this involved CIA level crap they seem to believe.

There is no way Sean Payton should not be banned from the NFL for life

In the court of public opinion, the interest of making things simplistic, and circus courts, your probably right.

It's slightly different since one involved coaching tactics entirely and once had player involvement. It's much more likely in the case of spygate that they watched the film for tendencies and then reported the tendencies to the players or said "hey look for X when they do Y."

I do, however, agree that we shouldn't assume Brees knew. First he's an offensive player, second I don't assume anything after the way I see people constantly assume the Patriots did all this involved CIA level crap they seem to believe.

Its just gets so tiring, and we are defiantly on our last nerve about this. Reports about the Pats got way out of hand. Implicating everyone, its just ridicules at some point. But, the chum is in the water. And as the last Pats poster proved, people will believe anything. They don't need proof. The mere principle that it is in PRINT, is cause enough to convict. Light the torches were is Frankenstein,lol !!

It would be so funny if it wasn't so sad.
Mob with Pitchforks clip from Frankenstein - YouTube

The injustice with the Patriots is that they were never given a fair trial threw the media, NFL, and fans. All teams should have been talked to by the NFL, and a Positive message that this is league wide, but we are all committed to change it would have better for the sport. Ridiculing the big boy on the block to make an example is not effective, or positive, and the implication of how the NFL handled it are still being felt today.
I think people just want to beat on Brees. If a person is good, they want to take you down a notch.
At this point I think a lot of Saints fans would be ok with Brees leaving, we don't want him and his family to go threw this.
But, then unlike teams of the past, we see no reason why we should not fight this and force Goodell to prove it either.

Last edited:

Guess what, spygate didn't send anyone to the hospital. Spygate didn't cause anyone a concussion. Spygate will never cause anyone to kill themselves. Can't say any of those things about what the saints did.

In the court of public opinion, the interest of making things simplistic, and circus courts, your probably right.

The court of law is what will matter. Public Opinion is meaningless. I am sure that Goodell has thousands of pages of evidence, and who knows what for recordings. I am also sure you and I should never see it, because if lawyers get ahold of it we probably should just kiss the NFL goodbye.

Because that is what matters. There are 2 or 3 lawsuits that every single retired NFL player is jumping on ship, and they are going to try and take every single penny the NFL has ever earned. The more evidence that gets put out, the more doomed the NFL really is, especially if multiple clubs have always done this type of thing. I don't know about you, but I kind of like watching NFL football.

Its just gets so tiring, and we are defiantly on our last nerve about this. Reports about the Pats got way out of hand. Implicating everyone, its just ridicules at some point. But, the chum is in the water. And as the last Pats poster proved, people will believe anything. They don't need proof. The mere principle that it is in PRINT, is cause enough to convict. Light the torches were is Frankenstein,lol !!

It would be so funny if it wasn't so sad.
Mob with Pitchforks clip from Frankenstein - YouTube

The injustice with the Patriots is that they were never given a fair trial threw the media, NFL, and fans. All teams should have been talked to by the NFL, and a Positive message that this is league wide, but we are all committed to change it would have better for the sport. Ridiculing the big boy on the block to make an example is not effective, or positive, and the implication of how the NFL handled it are still being felt today.
I think people just want to beat on Brees. If a person is good, they want to take you down a notch.
At this point I think a lot of Saints fans would be ok with Brees leaving, we don't want him and his family to go threw this.
But, then unlike teams of the past, we see no reason why we should not fight this and force Goodell to prove it either.

You misunderstand what happened. The memo's were sent, yearly in fact. Everyone knew recording always happened. Everyone knew the next person to be caught would face massive penalties. BB and the Pats got caught and were made an example of. I highly doubt anyone will ever do it again. Supposedly the Pats could have had the jets being the one that were framed and sentenced, but for some dumb reason they passed.

But give me a break. Teammates talk. If money was being passed around in defensive meetings, every single player knew about it. If it was being e-mailed about, and we know it was, who else really knows who in the community and the Saints front office also knew. The saints did not get caught because they were great at keeping secrets. They got caught because they didn't know how to. Same reason Payton was caught with stolen drugs a few years ago.

Oh, and with the way things are going, it looks like the Saints organization doesn't want Drew Brees. Talk about a moron for an owner, Brees has everything on his side and still the ownership isn't signing him to be the highest paid player in NFL history. This type of crap is why the team was so bad for so long.

Look, when it comes down to it, it is about setting precedent. Precedent to other teams, to the fan base, to the general public, and especially setting precedent for the courts. The NFL absolutely must look like player safety is concern #1.

Guess what, spygate didn't send anyone to the hospital. Spygate didn't cause anyone a concussion. Spygate will never cause anyone to kill themselves. Can't say any of those things about what the saints did.

What does this have to do with your statement that Brees absolutely knew about this?
It makes much more sense that Brady knew about spygate,because of BB and Bradys fire side chats. Brees has very little contact with the defense. Your just making things up.

The court of law is what will matter. Public Opinion is meaningless. I am sure that Goodell has thousands of pages of evidence, and who knows what for recordings. I am also sure you and I should never see it, because if lawyers get ahold of it we probably should just kiss the NFL goodbye.

Because that is what matters. There are 2 or 3 lawsuits that every single retired NFL player is jumping on ship, and they are going to try and take every single penny the NFL has ever earned. The more evidence that gets put out, the more doomed the NFL really is, especially if multiple clubs have always done this type of thing. I don't know about you, but I kind of like watching NFL football.

This is the same conjecture we have to deal with. Its made up. We don't know, no way you can. All of the evidence was given to the NFL by benson. They know exactly what the NFL has. Even SP email is in dispute as a joke.

Prison email is latest disputed evidence in New Orleans Saints bounty case - ESPN

Vilma's lawyer knows exactly what the NFL has. Thats why he's attacking them publicly.

Its irrelevant what the NFL or Goodells motives are, you can't discipline players or coaches without evidence. That sends a even worse message to the league.
F@@k proving anything, we will discipline you because we care more about lawsuits.
Um that creates more lawsuits, its silly, and the doom of the NFL will only because of dishonesty, and greed.

But give me a break. Teammates talk. If money was being passed around in defensive meetings, every single player knew about it. If it was being e-mailed about, and we know it was, who else really knows who in the community and the Saints front office also knew. The saints did not get caught because they were great at keeping secrets. They got caught because they didn't know how to. Same reason Payton was caught with stolen drugs a few years ago.

OMG, you still think SP takes drugs, lol

Oh, and with the way things are going, it looks like the Saints organization doesn't want Drew Brees. Talk about a moron for an owner, Brees has everything on his side and still the ownership isn't signing him to be the highest paid player in NFL history. This type of crap is why the team was so bad for so long.

Now Bensons a moron,lol wow. Brees will sign, but he has the best agent in the NFL. He wants a lifetime contract. Thats a little harder to figure out. Its going to go down to the wire, loomie is not stupid, neither is Brees's agent. Benson has nothing to do with it.

Look I full understand the outrage of finding this was even in the NFL, we had no clue. You sound like you didn't either.
But pretending that documents exist that the saints don't know about or that the entire team is involved is pretty crazy seeing as the NFL can't prove their point. Pretty sure you can't if they can not.

Last edited:
Hey Pherein, Check out what the pompous-douche-bags at Coltsfreaks.com came up with for their official tag line. Defending your team will never end, welcome to the club unfortunately.:cool:

Unofficial Indianapolis Colts Fan Forums - Powered by vBulletin

LOL, gad everyone piles on huh. We deserve some of this. Something happened in NO that was wrong. Goodell and the NFL are right about that. But Sp, Benson, and others are also right. The important thing is to find the truth of it, and not take sides. lol, colts hate us so much,lol

With the support coming out for the team, maybe we get stronger because of this. Not sure , but have never seen this many videos sense 2009.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wynjacSBonw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jkbaQcJO4

Last edited:
Pherein: I don't think that most of us football fans want to see the Saints set back so far that they have no chance of competing for years. The player punishments were harsh, I agree, and as a fan of the Packers we get to have Hargrove sit for 8 games when we could really use him on that anemic DL of ours.

The context of what is going on has to be made clear: Injuries are a serious problem in the NFL, the league is now facing a major issue with concussions and the stories of what has happened to many players after retiring are coming out. They were always there it's just that now it's getting all the attention and they're stepping forward to be heard.

Saints got caught. Others teams do it. We know it. Goodell has chosen to make an example out of the Saints in order to discourage anybody else from continuing these practices. Is it fair? Yes and no. Is Goodell out to get the Saints? No, but I think he's taking a course of action that will make any team or coach or player think twice about this. Once the punishment is established, then you better not get caught.

These punishments set a precedent, and that's what I believe Goodell wants. Now about the case of the players. I hate to say I agree with anyone like Steve Smith but he does have a point: all of these players except for Fujita apparently blew off the Commish when he called them in for an interview, and they did it probably to protect the Saints coaching staff and Loomis, but didn't understand that by doing so they were making it worse for themselves.

Issuing these vehement denials now is way late. Now do the players have a case? Got no idea. Did Brees know or not? I don't think it matters really. He probably knew something, it would be kind of hard not to with Williams doing it so widely, but kept his nose out of it as not his business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes