Status
Not open for further replies.

PF1996

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Early thoughts....

How the hell did we lose this game?

Some early reasons:

Brady/Koppen didn't recognise the defense. Brady was sacked on a play where THREE Patriots players went to ONE guy while a Giants player came free right up the middle after faking like he was going into coverage

Hobbs interception. Hobb's ****iness probably cost the Pats at least a FG. On his interception, there were 4-5 Pats around him. Instead of allowing them to set up blocking for him, Hobbs outran all of them and ran right into a Giants player.

Our D didn't deserve this. They played very well even though their O gave them very few opportunities for rest

Early thoughts....

Our D didn't deserve this. They played very well even though their O gave them very few opportunities for rest

Except for the Pats final drive. They chewed up a lot of clock. Defense choked. They knew the Giants were going to pass for 84 yards in order to get into the endzone. It's pathetic.

Even when the pats had the ball again, Brady had Welker and Gaff open, but he threw it in between them. Don't understand why they were going deep right away with 3 timeouts when they only needed a field goal.

Even when the pats had the ball again, Brady had Welker and Gaff open, but he threw it in between them. Don't understand why they were going deep right away with 3 timeouts when they only needed a field goal.

When you see him, you can ask our illustrious OC. That question crossed my mind also.

I watch that ball bounce out of Asante hands 50x I don't know how he missed it! This drop is right on par with Caldwell's against Indy. To his credit his commentary was him saying that if wants to be known as an elite player he must make that catch. Discount please

Actually what's sad about that is that guys were open so the playcall itself wasn't a bad one (especially if you don't trust your kicker or D in a sudden death OT). An accurate QB gets them the ball and wins the game. Unfortunately, Brady was not accurate on his deep balls. OC had too much faith in Brady.

I turned it on for all of 30 seconds and hit the stop button. Just not ready to watch it again.

Can't wait to get to step 5

I turned it on for all of 30 seconds and hit the stop button. Just not ready to watch it again.

Can't wait to get to step 5

I did the exact same thing. After Tyree's miracle catch I turned it off. SO MANY LITTLE THINGS that could've won the game for us in that last drive fell through the cracks. It's almost enough to make you believe in witchcraft.

Actually what's sad about that is that guys were open so the playcall itself wasn't a bad one (especially if you don't trust your kicker or D in a sudden death OT). An accurate QB gets them the ball and wins the game. Unfortunately, Brady was not accurate on his deep balls. OC had too much faith in Brady.

Go figure. We shoulda drafted Bulger...he responds so well to unrelenting pressure.

You really are an idiot. There is no point in you watching a replay of game you don't even remotely understand.

The D didn't give itself any time to rest in the first quarter. They also didn't give the O a chance to sniff the field for almost 20 minutes after kickoff. Oddly, while we didn't score we dominated TOP in the second half. They had lots of rest watching Brady lead a come from behind drive that left them just one stop in two and a half minutes away from a ring. They couldn't stop the Giants on 4th and 1. Couldn't take what Eli was trying to give them. The Giants playmakers on O stepped up down the stretch, as did ours. Our playmakers on D simply didn't.

Our overated Oline got ***** slapped 5 on 4. And when we gave them 2 TE as helpers, they still allowed Brady to be knocked silly. Yet he somehow completed over 60% of his passes and set a new all time record for Superbowl completions.

Bet you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary about Samuel's play, like all those 3rd down conversions on him in the first series, or the first go ahead TD to Toomer, or getting knocked down in run support - by the smaller RB...or how when the D couldn't get off the field on 3rd and long to save their lives as the Giants marched for 83 yards...in 2 minutes, he let an INT slip right through his hands. Hobbs was playing - as he has been for several weeks - with a sports hernia and groin injury he will have surgery for shortly, and he outplayed a franchise tagged corner.

You really are an idiot. There is no point in you watching a replay of game you don't even remotely understand.

Mo, we know you're so brilliant that BB will no doubt hire you as a consultant. But that's no reason for calling a fellow fan, whom you don't know, an idiot.

Why don't we leave juvenile name-calling to the Chargers and Colts boards?

cant and will not watch it.. its too painful..

Turned it on just long enough to see the "I can't believe Eli got away" play. Even tho' I know they let a lot of holding go during these games, seeing Sey in a head lock right behind Eli's shoulder made me hit the exit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe