PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Players: Brady Most Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this season would have turned out if you simply switched the receivers around Brady and Manning?

I have absolutely no doubt at all that Brady will have a better 2014 than he did 2013.

We didn't need a Survey to tell us what we already know.

Difference between Brady and P.Manning is......

When Brady has a last min or possession drive to come through, opposing players and their fans put their hands together and look up to sky.

When PM has a last min or possession drive to come through, opposing players and fans just wait for him to throw an INT and Pick 6 to end a crucial comeback, then players and their fans put their hands together and clap.

It got lost in the suckage of losing, but did anyone notice the shot of Manning and Welker on the sideline during the Patriots last drive in Denver? Welker was just standing there shaking his head, like "unreal," at what Brady was doing. (Ok, well, maybe he was just shaking out concussion cobwebs, but I don't think so). That said a lot about how they regard Brady.

Players by a dominant margin voted TFB as THE guy they want with the ball in the SB with 2 minutes to go.

Tom Brady of New England Patriots voted as QB most players would want in clutch -- ESPN.com survey - ESPN

But here, folks want to move on with untested Mallet. Go figure.

It seemed like Brunell was reluctant to concede to the players who were polled, and was quick to add that if P6 wins it this year he'll leapfrog over Brady. I'm not sure how he knows that.

He also added a dig at Brady in the end, saying that "his SBs were a long time ago." I have to assume that he doesn't count getting there as anything.

What really caught my ears though were the reasons Brunell gave for P6 taking over as the most clutch QB. He feels that Manning would then have the "numbers, MVPs, statistics and pro bowls" which are all based off of the same thing, his numbers.

I'd put Aaron Rodgers a close second to Brady.

I'd put Aaron Rodgers a close second to Brady.

Rodgers is one of the least clutch QBs in the league. His record in close games is putrid.

Brady's record would be even better in close games the last few years if the D didn't blow a lead in last 4 mins.

Brady has somewhat declined since the knee injury, but in no way is he still not the best QB in the NFL right now. He still gets it done, but he has his flaws, specifically speaking, his deep pass. He's never been the best at it, but he was better at it when he had Moss. So it could be the WRs or it could be him or both. Onto ESPN.

Mark Brunell is an old jealous scrub, like the rest of those pathetic has-beens on ESPN. With any chance they get, they belittle Brady's success and awards by cramming Manning's stats and MVP awards down our throats and trying to convince the world that Manning is the best thing that's happened to pro-football. (When Manning was out it was that overrated Rodgers... it's never Brady) They've already crowned Manning the Superbowl champion and MVP and the game hasn't even started (Goodell has the fix in already, setting up, the Year of Manning and a HOF retirement) It's BS. The passes Manning has thrown this year, looks like something I could throw... and I can't throw a football right. Since the neck, he's been done and before the neck, he was overrated. Call me a hater and call me a homer, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST