PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network's Rich Eisen Names Brady MVP in the 2007 3/17ths Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcell

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d802b7216&template=with-video&confirm=true

<snip>
MVP of the First 3/17ths of the Season Award:
Our final award. It's like the Best Picture of the First 3/17ths ceremony. This year, it's really no contest. Sure, it's great that Brett Favre has thrown his name back into an MVP discussion for the first time in a long time. And Tony Romo has proven he's no flash in the pan. In fact, Romo's style of play and throwing motion reminds me of Favre. His ability to buy time and stay upright under pressure is uncanny. He flat-out tortured the vaunted Bears defense Sunday night and is the reason Dallas has started 3-0. But Romo doesn't win this award. And neither does Peyton Manning, who is deservedly in every MVP discussion every year.

No, the hands-down winner of the MVP of the First 3/17ths of the Season Award is New England quarterback Tom Brady. It's frightening to think that Brady could get any better, but he has. Through the first three games, Brady has missed on only 18 passes. He's 70 for his first 88! His stat line against Buffalo on Sunday was typical: 23 of 29 for 311 yards and four touchdowns. Through the first 3/17ths of this season, Brady leads the NFL in passer rating, touchdown passes, completion percentage and, most importantly, yards per attempt. It seems every time Brady throws, he's finding a different receiver ... and Randy Moss still leads the league in touchdowns. No one can look off a safety quite like Brady. Like his idol, Joe Montana, Brady seems to know where every receiver is on the field, even when he's not looking at them. What more can I say?

I'm giving this MVP award to Brady not only for running the New England offense with Terminator-like efficiency, but I'm also giving it to him because he's more likely to show up to the ceremony if he wins. And that means Gisele might be at the First 3/17ths of the NFL Season Awards, too. Hey, if the ESPYs can do that sort of stuff, why can't I?
<snip>

NICE!

Brady's just a system guy, ain't he? Game manager.

One hit wonder. :D

Nobody's had any byes yet. That makes Brady the MVP of the first 3/16ths of the season.

I should have known Eisen didn't know his fractions.

Nobody's had any byes yet. That makes Brady the MVP of the first 3/16ths of the season.

I should have known Eisen didn't know his fractions.

The season is 17 weeks long...even before teams have their byes.

Brady's just a dink-and-dunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back