PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheer madness.

Bob Quinn has fallen into the trap overpaying for ok talent.
Well he's got north of $40m to burn and a big hole at WR. Give a kid a bigger allowance, he'll spend more money.

Heard rumor we have interest in Rishard Matthews. Call me in on that one. I think he could be a huge bargain.
I'm skeptical on anyone being a 'bargain' with the numbers out there so far. Hopefully BB will find 1 or 2 though.

Well he's got north of $40m to burn and a big hole at WR. Give a kid a bigger allowance, he'll spend more money.

I'm skeptical on anyone being a 'bargain' with the numbers out there so far. Hopefully BB will find 1 or 2 though.
Bargain compared to this years standards I should say.

Risard or apologize to Andre Holmes
And sign the Harvin BB

Heard rumor we have interest in Rishard Matthews. Call me in on that one. I think he could be a huge bargain.

Yup looks like Richard Matthews and Muhammad sanu they are looking at.

A WR corps of Edelman, Matthews, amendola, Sanu could be deadly. But maybe amendola gets released.

Yup looks like Richard Matthews and Muhammad sanu they are looking at.

A WR corps of Edelman, Matthews, amendola, Sanu could be deadly. But maybe amendola gets released.
One thing I'm wondering - it might be harder to get Amendola to take a pay cut right now. If he got released today, he would most likely make his same salary back, if not more, in this market.

Same thing happened last year with Miami and Suh, nothing happened, it's a dumb rule and the NFL knows it's dumb.

I'm not sure that they know..
.Dumb People 2.jpg

I have no clue why the Pats would have interest in Sanu.
Rutgers guy!
Seriously though, the guys catches everything. He's not spectacular or a game breaker, just solid. I would like someone more explosive but that's not happening in FA.

If releasing Amendola meant Matthews and Sanu I pull that trigger in a heartbeat

Is Mario Williams really an upgrade over Vernon? I guess Vernon would've cost more, but still, he's younger and arguably better (maybe significantly so). He's never missed a game and doesn't come with the baggage Williams does.

I don't know how a member of the Impractical Jokers is going to help the team... Maybe he can distract the defensive end by showing him his cat tattoo.

Brian Quick. Sorry, I watch too many Rams games with my good friend and drink heavily to forget it, so the players all run together. You know, Todd Brockers is a good player, too, as is Tavon Donald.

Ugh Mcclain evades us again.
Zach Brown sounds good.

Apparently the Patriots were in the Marvin Jones sweepstakes.

Outdone by Quinn he must of felt like he had to win and upped the ante.
At least they are trying to get weapons for BB.
Jones money over Championships

No this makes me cry
I can't imagine Jones chose Detroit over New England or Cincinnati for similar money; no sane person would. Chances are Detroit offered $8m a year and NE/CIN offered like $6m and he chased the cash.

I would be thrilled if we ended up with Rishard matthews and/or muhamed sanu, Powell and McLain by the end of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back