PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the surprise? The team needs WR's and they don't exactly have a stellar record at drafting them.

Good point, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. We got decent production out of Dobson as a starter on his rookie year before his career hit the toilet. I just don't think much of these recievers.

Paying 5 M a year for Sanu/Mathews = fail IMO
Paying 7-8M for Weddle = value, steal

If we are going to pay in FA, pay for the elite talent that may be undervalued due to age and a non-sexy position.

Please pass on the near JAG-level WRs. Doesn't have to be Weddle but who else could be a steal? Who's the next Sheard?

With Jones reportedly off the market now and Benjamin supposedly going to San Diego, I'm really not sure what the plan is at WR right now.

Kap in Denver would be hilarious to watch..i hope it happens

Good point, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. We got decent production out of Dobson as a starter on his rookie year before his career hit the toilet. I just don't think much of these recievers.

WR's, for the most part, do not contribute heavily in their rookie years. When you add in the fact that this is the toughest offense in the world to master, relying solely on the draft to replenish the position is not the way to go.

WR's, for the most part, do not contribute heavily in their rookie years. When you add in the fact that this is the toughest offense in the world to master, relying solely on the draft to replenish the position is not the way to go.

Does anybody have a list of next year's free agents? There's gotta be another solution. Signing these guys to 3 year deals doesn't seem like the way to go but they are stuck beetween a rock and a hard place. Too bad it's come to this.

No thanks. Sanu is a JAG and so is Matthews. I will give it time but the rumors about guys like Powell and Sanu really disappoint me. Adding a bunch of jags sucks.

uh huh just like Sheard was a JAG last year and LaFell was a stone hands JAG (who was one of the reasons why they won a SB) the year before that

With Jones reportedly off the market now and Benjamin supposedly going to San Diego, I'm really not sure what the plan is at WR right now.

Trade for Gordon
3 guys with tires that should be kicked: Cruz/Wallace/Harvin

Possible WR group:

Edelman
Gordon
Amendola
Martin
Cruz/Wallace/Harvin

Trade for Gordon

Possible WR group:

Edelman
Gordon
Amendola
Martin
Cruz/Wallace/Harvin

The Browns just lost their #1 WR and their #1 FA WR target. I think the Gordon ship has sailed. Unless they want to just suck immensely again.

Trade for Gordon

Possible WR group:

Edelman
Gordon
Amendola
Martin
Cruz/Wallace/Harvin

Not a big wallice guy but the value. Much better options than paying for Sanu/Jones.

Does anybody have a list of next year's free agents? There's gotta be another solution. Signing these guys to 3 year deals doesn't seem like the way to go but they are stuck beetween a rock and a hard place. Too bad it's come to this.

Just a reminder that Colston, Boldin, Harvin, Kearse, and Rueben Randle are still on the market. I don't think any of those guys could have brought what Jones would have, but there's still some relative quality.

Trade for Gordon

Possible WR group:

Edelman
Gordon
Amendola
Martin
Cruz/Wallace/Harvin

I'd love it but I just don't see how the Browns would trade Gordon. They'd have nothing at the position. Cruz is someone I forgot about. If he's healthy, he could be an interesting and low-cost option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back