PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on Eric weddle?

Watch for the Giants to get into the Olivier Vernon bidding.

I don't get people not wanting Matthews or Sanu but then say they want that headache injury prone Harvin who hasn't played in more than 9 games since 2011.....
I think it's because Harvin is a more dynamic player as opposed to the other two. Matthews and Sanu are fine complementary and depth players as pass catchers but the explosiveness of a peak Harvin they are not.

They're going to suck immensely this year whether he's there or not. Question is does the new regime think he's part of the future or part of the past, and if it's the latter what are they asking for him?
Another point to consider in the case of Gordon, he's a restricted free-agent next year. So even if the Browns are unsure about his long-term future they could still tender him and then see what's developing.

Dolphins deal is a go according to the agent

I think it's because Harvin is a more dynamic player as opposed to the other two. Matthews and Sanu are fine complementary and depth players as pass catchers but the explosiveness of a peak Harvin they are not.

Except Harvin hasn't been a dynamic player for years if you take away his kick return in the SB.

Exactly, it's not that complicated.

just bring lafell back already...

sign percy and pray that tb12 isnt suspended.

Mathews over Lafell
I still have hopes of trading for Floyd

Kaepernick official Broncos backup plan LOL

See you in SB 51 ;)

Atleast Sanders will come crawling to us in 2017 after dealing with the least accurate QB in the league

We blew it with him not the other way around
All we had to do was offer like 4 mill
I believe the offer was like 2.5 disgusting

Trade Jones for a WR
Here is a new slant and a definate-maybe. Trade Chandler Jones to the Bears for their #1 pick last year Kevin White who had shin surgery plus their second rounder. Very fair realistic trade. White was a horse at UWVA. Big and fast.
Good trade for both Teams. The Bears need a pass rusher desperately.
DW Toys

Belichick really screwed up on lafell. Could have had sanders.

Except Harvin hasn't been a dynamic player for years if you take away his kick return in the SB.
You're right. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to think that way, but when I think 'Percy Harvin' I still picture him catching screen passes and blazing thru secondaries in a Vikings uniform.

I guess you gotta adjust to the new normal every year for contracts but if they pay any of these guys more than $3-4m I gotta believe cutting Lafell was a mistake. Matthews or Sanu on a deal that looks a lot like Lafell's a couple years ago and retaining Amendola would be passable. I just don't know that either (or both) of those guys measurably improve the team more than any of the other names out there.

Here is a new slant and a definate-maybe. Trade Chandler Jones to the Bears for their #1 pick last year Kevin White who had shin surgery plus their second rounder. Very fair realistic trade. White was a horse at UWVA. Big and fast.
Good trade for both Teams. The Bears need a pass rusher desperately.
DW Toys

I think BB prefers the little WRs in this offense. I don't see him trading for a big WR that can catch jump balls. Randy moss was an exception.

Some SOB just posted a tweet about Forte signing with Green Bay, I clicked to reply and it's deleted. Probably was a fake account but damn. I hate this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe