PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell would be a decent signing, solid runner & good receiver.
Sanu fits the Patriots scheme nicely if he can pick up the difference in terminology.
Marvin Jones will get waaaay more than he's currently worth by one of the perennially rubbish teams, let them overpay.

Powell is serviceable. Hes an upgrade over White and insurance if Lewis becomes human.

That sucks, would much rather have Forte even at a pricier contract.

Why? Forte is 30 with 2035 carries and 487 receptions to his name....that's a lot of wear & tear to deal with (averages 4.2 rushing, 8.2 receiving)

Bilal Powell is 27 with 402 carries and 112 receptions....hardly any wear to deal with (averages 4.0 rushing, 8.0 receiving)

Powell has 4 fumbles, zero lost. Forte has 20 fumbles, 14 lost.

Powell is younger and will be cheaper...that's the better value.

Makes sense Belichick loves younger and cheaper.

I'm pretty sure that the Pats' interest in Forte was reported last week some time. This could simply be a situation where the Pats told Forte "Hey, we would love to have you, we'll give you 2 years/$5m. Let us know." Then, they went out and started inquiring about Powell too because they want that sort of back and don't want to be left with no options if Forte decides to take someone else's offer.

Just because we haven't heard about it yet/recently doesn't mean it won't happen.

Indeed, it's good to remember that they are big on no leaks. The quieter it is leading up to FA, the more I think something big is going to happen.

Why? Forte is 30 with 2035 carries and 487 receptions to his name....that's a lot of wear & tear to deal with (averages 4.2 rushing, 8.2 receiving)

Bilal Powell is 27 with 402 carries and 112 receptions....hardly any wear to deal with (averages 4.0 rushing, 8.0 receiving)

Powell has 4 fumbles, zero lost. Forte has 20 fumbles, 14 lost.

Powell is younger and will be cheaper...that's the better value.

The value for each player has yet to be determined.

That signing should be a refresher course that just because you dont hear any reports of a team being interested it doesn't mean they aren't talking to a player

I'm pretty sure that the Pats' interest in Forte was reported last week some time. This could simply be a situation where the Pats told Forte "Hey, we would love to have you, we'll give you 2 years/$5m. Let us know." Then, they went out and started inquiring about Powell too because they want that sort of back and don't want to be left with no options if Forte decides to take someone else's offer.

Exactly. Maybe we don't sign Forte but having interest in another RB doesn't mean it's over with Forte or never started. No different than colleges that hand out 150 scholarship offers hoping to land a 25 player class.

Marvin Jones to Detroit darn now I have to remove him from my madden roster.

There are about 4-6 Lafell caliber WRs now left as the best available FAs...to replace Lafell.

If Marvin got 5 or under I will be ticked.

Marvin Jones to lions for 8 per. Overpaid. WR market will be though so not surprised based on the WR draft class

Not worth 8
I will take Risard Matthews for 3
Or Streater for 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back