PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannenbaum is most likely the worst GM in all of professional sports.

He falls in love with big names. Always have. He destroyed the Jets' cap and he will do the same with Dolphins.

Mario Williams was a locker room cancer last year and quit on the team. Pair him up with Suh and he is a head coach's worst nightmare.

Fitz will go back to the Jets

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Cleveland throw a lot of money at him. There are too many teams with QBs that could drive up his price.

I still think Chiarelli deserved better. Had a long run of success and was the #1 seed a year before he was fired. We've seen guys get a MUCH longer leash than he got. Seemed kind of short sighted. I think he'll turn the Oilers around if they give him time.

Chiarelli got fired for trading seguin, which was stupid. And he deserved it. The kid was 19 and they expected him to be a mature 25 year old.

With that said, lets go Rangers!

Ya i have a feeling fitz will go back to the jets

He did nothing for DEN last year. He should consider retiring.

I know he didn't but still if you can get him close to a vet min or around there..why not try. Look at Denvers O last year with Manning...awful. If they had a better QB he probably does a bit better

He falls in love with big names. Always have. He destroyed the Jets' cap and he will do the same with Dolphins.

Mario Williams was a locker room cancer last year and quit on the team. Pair him up with Suh and he is a head coach's worst nightmare.
Can't wait for Tannebaum to end up in Buffalo and Rex in Miami.

Chiarelli got fired for trading seguin, which was stupid. And he deserved it. The kid was 19 and they expected him to be a mature 25 year old.

With that said, lets go Rangers!
Nobody on the team like Seguin in all fairness. They wanted him gone.

I know he didn't but still if you can get him close to a vet min or around there..why not try. Look at Denvers O last year with Manning...awful. If they had a better QB he probably does a bit better

Every player is worth a look- especially a guy like Davis who has had a helluva career.

I just question if he can get it done anymore.

They tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to get through to the kid not because they couldn't because he didn't want them to. He didn't want to be here. It's that simple. Same with Hamilton.

That's not an excuse to not get anything for him though.

They tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to get through to the kid not because they couldn't because he didn't want them to. He didn't want to be here. It's that simple. Same with Hamilton.

That's funny because he's been a great team player in Dallas. They treated him with the respect he deserved.
And why would he want to be in Boston when Julien had him riding the 3rd/4th lines most of the time, wasting his talent. The issue was/is that Julien is set in his ways and refused to adapt them to Seguin. He was essentially trying to put a square peg in a round hole. And when he couldn't do it, he told Chiarelli to get rid of Seguin. And Chiarelli did for an AWFUL deal.

That's funny because he's been a great team player in Dallas. They treated him with the respect he deserved.
And why would he want to be in Boston when Julien had him riding the 3rd/4th lines most of the time, wasting his talent. The issue was/is that Julien is set in his ways and refused to adapt them to Seguin. He was essentially trying to put a square peg in a round hole. And when he couldn't do it, he told Chiarelli to get rid of Seguin. And Chiarelli did for an AWFUL deal.

What did I say that you disagree with?

He hated playing here and shot his way out of town. Hes been great in DAL.

Day 2 tire-kicking list:

LB - Zach Brown
WR - Jermaine Kearse
DL - Akiem Hicks
LB - Tahir Whitehead

That's not an excuse to not get anything for him though.

Right. Thats a separate issue. Just because a player shoots his way out of town doesn't mean you give him away.

Kearse and Anderson should have been the main targets anyway, and they're still out there, so I'm hopeful.

Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Boldin either.

Is that 4-$40m Sean Smith to Oakland deal accurate? Because if so that's not really too bad.

I remember the Bruins management blaming seguin for the cup finals loss to Chicago (it was on a Behind the B episode). They felt that if he played better they would have won. Hard to pin that on a 19 year old kid. I think rask could have played a lot better to be honest with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference