PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some case of collective insomnia/amnesia going on here. People. We've seen this time and time. Heres to a successful day 2

Last edited:
I know we're starting to tear our hair out but honestly don't understand why anyone would want Percy Harvin on the team. Mediocre player AND a head case?

Well Bill Belichick reportedly did last year.

At this point with the top options at WR pretty much gone, I say bring in safety E.W get Hicks signed and take a shot on Harvin. Then focus extending guys like Collins and HT.

No huge additions as expected. some big fa signings of their own to decide on down the road.. Collins,Hightower and Jones loom large. Really wish they would of got extensions on two of them before some of these ludicrous contracts were signed today.

I doubt that those high numbers appeared out of nowhere. Agents and front offices are usually very good about projecting those. Its not like those contracts became more expensive over night.

That being said dont forget that it takes two sides to strike a deal and even if the Pats wanted to extend them I see no reason why the agents of Hightower and Collins would have let sign them anything before the FA numbers became official.

i assume they mean twitter, Pats fans never seem to learn that smart teams dont usually spend big in free agency

Except the current Super Bowl winner.
And us adding Revis and Browner for a Super Bowl run.

I know im gonna get **** for this.. But maybe now is the time to give percy harvin a 1 year or 2 year deal for 2-3 million dollars total.. I know bb has always coveted him. He is still somewhat young and is a low risk high reward type

I've shot down every Harvin proposal but a 1 yr non guaranteed deal for ~$2m is not unreasonable. He can still stretch the field and catch the ball.

My concerns about his health and attitude remain the same.

Harvin has no buzz right now I wonder if he is considering retiring?
I would call him if I was BB we can use him on a limited amount of snaps and see if he can get the magic back

Looks like Miami is having their Superbowl Celebration in the Spring, again, lets see what this looks like in December.. my prediction is the Pats will still be on top..

I'm surprised at the amount of pessimism regarding the available players on day 2. Except say Lafell, who was improved because of it lets not forget and people moaned then, which FA WR has had Tom FRICKEN Brady under centre. And how many have had to deal with bums at QB.

Right now they can bring in 5 for looks IMO and take the best two and cheaply.

Not worried about Miami adding a aging Williams because they lost a young Vernon

Plus their best cover corner in Grimes, who is almost certain to be released from what I have read. Even the Jets at this point are looking weaker, losing Harrison, and according to Schefter talks between Fitzpatrick and the Jets are far apart and going nowhere.

Feeling like Patriots will make a move or 2 now that the dust has settled and the 'big' FA names have come off the board. Truth of the matter is, aside from a player or 2 (Forte and Jackson) the talent still left out there is relatively the same, it has been a 'mediocre' FA class. The Patriots needs really didn't require them to be at the forefront slapping money on the table.

If we are able to bring back Hicks, grab someone like Sanu and Powell/Blount/Robinson (no order), extend some of our cornerstone players and have a decent draft we will be in fantastic shape.

Lets do what we always do best, bring a team of Jags together and go all nuclear on the other 31.

Running Backs

Matt Forte (Agreed to multi-year deal with NYJ)
Doug Martin (Re-signed 5-year, $35.75M deal with TB)
Lamar Miller (Signed 4-year, $26M deal with HOU)
Arian Foster
Chris Ivory (Agreed to 5-year, $32M deal with JAX)
James Starks
Khiry Robinson
Chris Johnson
Christine Michael
Alfred Morris
LeGarrette Blount
Ronnie Hillman
Tim Hightower
Bilal Powell
Ahmad Bradshaw
Chris Polk
Bobby Rainey
Jonathan Grimes
Donald Brown
Stevan Ridley
Pierre Thomas
Lance Dunbar
Shaun Draughn (Re-signed 1-year deal with SF)
Robert Turbin
Anthony Dixon
Bryce Brown
Matt Asiata
Reggie Bush
Dan Herron
DuJuan Harris
Travaris Cadet
Jordan Todman
Joique Bell
Fred Jackson
Steven Jackson
Kendall Hunter
Toby Gerhart
Jacquizz Rodgers (Re-signed 1-year deal with CHI)
Bernard Pierce
Montee Ball

Fullbacks

Mike Tolbert (Re-signed 2-year, $4M deal with CAR)
John Kuhn
Darrel Young
Cory Harkey
Will Johnson
Will Tukuafu
Tyler Clutts

Wide Receivers

Alshon Jeffery (Re-signed 1-year, $14.599M deal with CHI)
Travis Benjamin (Agreed to 4-year, $24M deal with SD)
Marvin Jones (Agreed to 5-year, $40M deal with DET)
Anquan Boldin
Rishard Matthews (Signed 3-year deal with TEN)
Rueben Randle
James Jones
Brian Quick (Re-signed 1-year, $1.75M deal with LAR)
Brandon LaFell
Mohamed Sanu
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Andre Holmes
Jermaine Kearse
Nate Washington
Roddy White
Leonard Hankerson
Marc Mariani
Lance Moore
Marques Colston
Hakeem Nicks
Rod Streater
Jordan Norwood
Darrius Heyward-Bey (Re-signed 3-year, $3.8M deal with PIT)
Keshawn Martin (Re-signed 2-year, $3M deal with NE)
Chris Givens
Jeremy Kerley
Riley Cooper
Andre Johnson
Wes Welker
Greg Jennings
Andre Caldwell
David Nelson
Bryan Walters
Seyi Ajirotutu
Jason Avant
Ricardo Lockette
Brian Tyms
Nick Toon
Brandon Gibson
Brandon Tate (Re-signed 1-year deal with CIN)
Jacoby Jones
Chris Owusu

Tight Ends

Antonio Gates (Re-signed 2-year, $12M deal with SD)
Ladarius Green
Dwayne Allen (Re-signed 4-year, $29.4M deal with IND)
Coby Fleener (Signed 5-year, $36M deal with NO)
Ben Watson (Agreed to 2-year, $7M deal with BAL)
Zach Miller
Vernon Davis
Marcedes Lewis (Re-signed 3-year, $12M deal with JAX)
Jared Cook
Craig Stevens (Re-signed 1-year, $2M deal with TEN)
Jermaine Gresham
Clay Harbor
Andrew Quarless
Scott Chandler
James Hanna
Logan Paulsen
Owen Daniels
Daniel Fells
Garrett Celek (Re-signed 4-year, $14M deal with SF)
Tony Moeaki
Rhett Ellison
Michael Hoomanawanui (Re-signed 3-year, $5.1M deal with NO)
Tim Wright
Jim Dray
Garrett Graham
Rob Housler
David Johnson
Kellen Davis
Jeff Cumberland
Anthony McCoy
John Phillips
Chase Coffman
Dorin ****erson

Plus their best cover corner in Grimes, who is almost certain to be released from what I have read. Even the Jets at this point are looking weaker, losing Harrison, and according to Schefter talks between Fitzpatrick and the Jets are far apart and going nowhere.
Thought I saw he has already been released?

Fitzpatrick nowhere near deal with Jets. I bet he goes to Denver. I'd rather he went to the Jets to be honest because at least they won't contend.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Miami basically lost two really good young players in Vernon and Miller (24 & 25 years old) and replaced them two 30 year olds that are equally as expensive.

Thought I saw he has already been released?

He very well could of been, good possibility I just missed it. Speaking of Grimes, if it weren't for his lunatic wife wouldn't mind seeing him opposite of Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe