PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He very well could of been, good possibility I just missed it. Speaking of Grimes, if it weren't for his lunatic wife wouldn't mind seeing him opposite of Butler.

I think his wife plus the Pat's culture and BB would be a hoot!!!!

At least she shouldn't be complaining that the QB stinks and is overpaid.

Right.. I'm going to roam around Boston and kill myself some Raiders, hopefully that will make me feel more at peace with day 2 coming.

PS. Playing Fallout 4

the pats won't sign a RB other than Legarrette Blount. The writing was on the wall a few weeks ago when they expressed interest in bringing him back (zero chance that they would bring him back as well as Forte, etc). They have shown zero interest in the other RBs that are out there. They have only shown interest in wideouts and that is where I expect them to continue to show interest.

the pats won't sign a RB other than Legarrette Blount. The writing was on the wall a few weeks ago when they expressed interest in bringing him back (zero chance that they would bring him back as well as Forte, etc). They have shown zero interest in the other RBs that are out there. They have only shown interest in wideouts and that is where I expect them to continue to show interest.

Don't sleep on Tyler Gaffney, he could surprise everyone and have a very productive year......

Or he could surprise no one and get hurt in OTAs

Wouldn't mind seeing Blount resigned, maybe fen bring back Ridley on the cheap (but only if he first appears on tattoo nightmares and has that awful Jets tat covered up).

He is the Don Sweeney of the NFL!

I think it remains to be seen if Sweeney is a "bad" GM but at least the B's are in 1st place in their division.

We know for a fact Tannenbaum is brutal.

I think it remains to be seen if Sweeney is a "bad" GM but at least the B's are in 1st place in their division.

We know for a fact Tannenbaum is brutal.
I still think Chiarelli deserved better. Had a long run of success and was the #1 seed a year before he was fired. We've seen guys get a MUCH longer leash than he got. Seemed kind of short sighted. I think he'll turn the Oilers around if they give him time.

Thatd be Doc Rivers.

Griffin is too soft and that team has a chemistry problem. The Clip needs more tough guys. Talent is not the issue. With the top two teams having a combined record of 111-16 you are not getting out of the 2nd round.

Doc might need to take a step back to move forward. Not sure he can do that.

I can tell you that Steve Ballmer is not the kind of guy that is satisfied with 4th place.

S.smith to Oakland 4-40.

Denver just won the Super Bowl with the worst starting QB in the NFL. Fitzpatrick 2015 would be a significant upgrade to the steaming pile of dogshit Denver was lining up under center last year.

Yeah, but I don't think that the NFL* is going to bend over backwards to prop up the Ryan Fitzpatrick legacy.:rolleyes:

Griffin is too soft and that team has a chemistry problem. The Clip needs more tough guys. Talent is not the issue. With the top two teams having a combined record of 111-16 you are not getting out of the 2nd round.

Doc might need to take a step back to move forward. Not sure he can do that.

I can tell you that Steve Ballmer is not the kind of guy that is satisfied with 4th place.
Doc is a good coach but, an awful GM. So I'd can him if I were Ballmer. I doubt you can convince the guy to just give up his GM rights. I'm really hoping Doc is dumb enough to trade Blake. Blake is an incredible talent. Look up youtube vids of his dribbling and passing. I'd kill to see him in a Brad Stevens offense. And Ballmer lol....he had to be the main culprit behind Windows 8. First the awful re-design and now wtf is this thing?
720x405-AP_1603010503366140.jpg

I still think Chiarelli deserved better. Had a long run of success and was the #1 seed a year before he was fired. We've seen guys get a MUCH longer leash than he got. Seemed kind of short sighted. I think he'll turn the Oilers around if they give him time.

It was harsh but it had to happen at some point. They were hammered by injuries in 2015. However his drafting and player eval skills were very spotty the 3-4 years prior to last year. I think he started to drift away and undervalue the lunch pail guys that bring it every night and keep the locker room in order and bring it together.

Off topic a bit...

It was harsh but it had to happen at some point. They were hammered by injuries in 2015. However his drafting and player eval skills were very spotty the 3-4 years prior to last year. I think he started to drift away and undervalue the lunch pail guys that bring it every night and keep the locker room in order and bring it together.

Off topic a bit...
lol not like there's much free agency to talk about at the moment. Guess we'll see how Sweeney does.

Doc is a good coach but, an awful GM. So I'd can him if I were Ballmer. I doubt you can convince the guy to just give up his GM rights. I'm really hoping Doc is dumb enough to trade Blake. Blake is an incredible talent. Look up youtube vids of his dribbling and passing. I'd kill to see him in a Brad Stevens offense. And Ballmer lol....he had to be the main culprit behind Windows 8. First the awful re-design and now wtf is this thing?
720x405-AP_1603010503366140.jpg

Griffin is an incredible talent. I just don't think he has the makeup to be "The Guy". Doc needs KG 2.0 for that locker room.

I agree on Doc. While the Clip have a decent record they are not going anywhere in the WC. They need more grit.

lol not like there's much free agency to talk about at the moment. Guess we'll see how Sweeney does.
I'm not sold on him by any means.

He should have moved Eriksson. Watching that guy skate is like watching my dog swim in a lake. 1 goddamn point in his last 9 games. No mental toughness. His contract sucks and hes old.

B's need to get faster and tougher.

Last edited:
Fitzpatrick nowhere near deal with Jets. I bet he goes to Denver. I'd rather he went to the Jets to be honest because at least they won't contend.

It seems like Denver wants more of a running QB. They were interested in Taylor before Bills drafted him and they are linked to wanting RG3 and Kap (hahaha) But i think fitz would fit in well

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST