PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Executive Dave Gardi lied about the PSI Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

grux

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Nice job El Presidente.
Q. Okay. And it's also true that some balls may stay in the bag the whole time for both teams and just be dry because they never came out of the bags, right?
5 A. Possible.
6 Q. And when this testing was done, no one told the referees, hey, see if it's a dry ball and note that or if it's a wet ball, right? No one was asked to record that?
A. Not to my knowledge.
Q. And the reason for no one doing this is because neither you nor anyone else was thinking about the Ideal Gas Law or how time or temperature or wetness my affect these readings, right?
A. Correct.
Q. Okay. Now, let me show you the following, which is NFLPA Exhibit 136. You will recognize what's attached to this is a letter from Mr. Gardi sent to Mr. Kraft on 19th. Do you see that?
A. Mm-hmm.
Q. Now, did Mr. Gardi do this on his own, make this decision, or did you participate in the decision to start this investigation by NFL security that is described here?
A. We spoke about this prior to game time on my way back to the hotel that we tested game balls during halftime. And because the Patriots had eleven game balls that were under compliance, that this may -- we may need to do potential further investigation. So Dave and I and others on our staff, we came to the conclusion that we probably need to do some additional follow-up.
Q. Now, when you say, "They had eleven balls under compliance," what you meant is that they had 11 eleven balls that were below 12.5 being measured, 12 correct?
A.Yes.
Q. But at the time, you didn't know that some of that reduction could happen just because of cold or wetness or other factors, right? That just wasn't something you were aware of, correct?
A. I didn't include science, no, sir.
Q. Okay. Let me ask you this. If you look at 20 this letter on the second page, it talks about the 21 fact that one of the game balls was inflated to 22 10.1 psi. Do you see that
A. Yes, sir.
Q. Now, I am going to give you another exhibit, which is NFL . And you will see these are notes, 1 I believe, that were taken when the testing was done. And you signed them in several places. If you will look at page 256, I think it's the first 4 time your signature appears; is that correct?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. And you signed this as a witness of the halftime testing; is that correct?
A. That's correct.
Q. Okay. And if you look at the listing of the 10 pressures that are written down for the Patriots' 11 eleven balls, none of them are as low as 10.1; is 12 that correct?
A. That's correct.
Q. Okay. So do you know why Mr. Gardi thought that a ball was as low as 10.1 when none of those measures were here?
A. No.

Q. Okay. Let me ask you another one. His next 19 sentence says, "In contrast, each of the Colts game 20 ball that was inspected met the requirements set 21 forth above and that requirement was 12 and a half 22 to 13 and a half," correct? 23
A. Correct. 24
Q. Well, let's look at the Colts ball 25 measurements. If you look at the Colts ball measurements which you signed, I believe that is on 2 page 266. And that's also your signature, correct? 3
A. Correct. 4
Q. And, in fact, if you look at the Colts ball 5 measurements on the right-hand side, the ones by 6 Mr. Prioleau? Do you see that? 7
A. Yes. 8
Q. You will see that three out of the four 9 Colts' balls are below the 12.5, correct? 10
A. Correct. 11
Q. Okay. So do you know why Mr. Gardi thought 12 that the Colts game balls all met the requirements 13 when on one of the gauges, three out of the four 14 didn't go to 12.5?

http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...flow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Last edited:
Giardi is a dink, but to me, Pash and Goodell are the biggest villains. I would like to see Pash examined by Kessler someday.

Giardi is a dink, but to me, Pash and Goodell are the biggest villains. I would like to see Pash examined by Kessler someday.

Goodell is their boss. He has perpetuated this behavior. The best thing he can do now is exhonerate TB12 and give these guys a big, fat severance package and make them sign a lifelong confidentiality agreement

You know, if they had a tennis announce who would say "game. set. match." for every point Brady scored during this appeal, then that guys wold have lost his voice before halftime. Or am I just way too biased?

Goodell is their boss. He has perpetuated this behavior. The best thing he can do now is exhonerate TB12 and give these guys a big, fat severance package and make them sign a lifelong confidentiality agreement
That's a pretty happy ending, but it would be much happier if the MA AG or DA went after Goodell, his henchman, and the league.

The very fact that goodell their boss was the arbitrator and as a neutral arbitrator never asked his own people questions(from what i can read so far on this board), should be grounds enough to mark this as a sham arbitration .

Q. Now, did Mr. Gardi do this on his own, make this decision, or did you participate in the decision to start this investigation by NFL security that is described here?
A. We spoke about this prior to game time on my way back to the hotel that we tested game balls during halftime. And because the Patriots had eleven game balls that were under compliance, that this may -- we may need to do potential further investigation. So Dave and I and others on our staff, we came to the conclusion that we probably need to do some additional follow-up.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...flow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Maybe it's just me, but the part in bold is, to me, a huge. They spoke about testing the game balls at half-time PRIOR to the game??? To me, that confirms what everyone else has been saying.. That the NFL had every intention of sticking it to the Patriots and that this wasn't just something that came up due to an intercepted football..

too bad the players association is so weak.
if a truly " neutral " arbitrator heard this BS case, it would get thrown out instantly. since the cba is ridiculous brady might lose...

What Deflategate is becoming is bigger than anything we could have ever imagined. What started out as a sting has basically confirmed the level of corruption @Joker warned us about years ago.

too bad the players association is so weak.
if a truly " neutral " arbitrator heard this BS case, it would get thrown out instantly. since the cba is ridiculous brady might lose...

Looks at you.. smh.. Really? That's what you get out of this? That Brady still might lose? Even when all the transcripts have come out and clearly shows that the NFL has lied time and again.

You do realize that the last few cases that have gone to the "arbitrator" the NFL ruled against the player only to have it over-turned.. The only reason the process hasn't been changed is because the NFLPA hasn't pushed it yet. THAT will probably change with this case considering how poorly it's turning for the NFL. I've been saying since the Wells report came out that this was going to court.. And it has. And with everything that has come out, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFLPA files charges with the NLRB over the practices that have come to light to this point. If I'm the owners, I'm firing Pash and having a new lawyer put together the amendment to the CBA offering that an agreed upon neutral arbitrator handle all penalties.

Last edited:
That's Vincent who's being questioned. What I don't understand is how Vincent who was a witness and also participated in the decision to start the investigation could have been appointed by Goodell to impose the penalty on Brady.

That's Vincent who's being questioned. What I don't understand is how Vincent who was a witness and also participated in the decision to start the investigation could have been appointed by Goodell to impose the penalty on Brady.

That makes it worse that it's Vincent being questioned.. Gives proof that they had every intent of measuring the footballs at half-time regardless.. Which goes against what they've said to this point.. Which is that they had no intent until the situation was brought to them..

I'm surprised these Idiots didn't have a meeting to get the story straight.
NFL'S best and brightest.

gardi comes across as a arrogant douchebag.
fits in with the rest of roger's minions..

Maybe it's just me, but the part in bold is, to me, a huge. They spoke about testing the game balls at half-time PRIOR to the game??? To me, that confirms what everyone else has been saying.. That the NFL had every intention of sticking it to the Patriots and that this wasn't just something that came up due to an intercepted football..
I did a double take on that and decided he meant that they spoke about it on the way back to the hotel, but either his vocabulary or the transcriptionist blew the phrasing and inserted "prior" where "post" would have been the correct word. Just another example of how screwed up this mess is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes