PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2, Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this how???

My friend's... cousin's... uncle's... mother's... niece's.. brother

They could've called Texans bluff and traded with the 49ers or someone with more draft capitol than roster spots open....maybe dropped down 5-10 spots

Not getting into a debate....

i would take a flyer on colt lyerla

Why do people keep talking about need? They don't draft according to need they draft on player rankings. If you're gonna be upset about something be upset that they rated Garafalo higher than another player, but don't expect them to say "Let's pass on a guy we have as the highest rated player on our board to pick someone at a position we consider a need"

They never do that.

I don't think they would pick a QB every year even if he was highest rated.

NHL playoffs are back on...screw this noise

Bills select Preston Brown.

Giants select Jay Bromley - DT

I would rather have us draft in the second round a player that can help us this year rather than draft a player who won't see the field for at least three more years. Let's hope the 3rd round pick will have an immediate impact.

Let's hope

i would take a flyer on colt lyerla

I've wanted him for a long time but I place an extremely high value on the comedy his twitter would give when he posts a diatribe denying the holocaust happened.

If your late round choice went in the early 3rd, what's that tell you about your knowledge of team's values on players in the draft?

It tells me what I already expected, which is that his pro day caused him to rise up.

Well he is how i see it (depending the QB pick).

@ 62 no big time impact TE was there. There were good OL there but this is a deep OL draft and we can get a good one @93 (like Maybe Swanson or Gabe Jackson). We could have got WR but that is deep too so no point reaching now. LBs will fall to us in the 3rd and 4th as those are deep as well.

Really it was gonna be a reach pick or a pick where we could have got similar value later in the draft.

The thing we lost the most was CJF but that was a reach anyway at that point.

Honestly, Garoppolo probably was the BPA at that point -- an excellent value rather than the reach. I presume 99% of the negative reaction is about positional need. For all that we scream at perceived reaches, we'd rather see an occasional reach for need than a true BPA philosophy.

Rams select Trey Mason. - RB

ESPN just said they would have taken Manziel if he dropped to them. Basically we selected are third choice in a poor QB draft.

They also said he was going number 5,6,7,8,9,etc,

tre mason..rams.

good pick. theyre building a good team. they need a QB though. maybe we can give them mallet for next years 1st!

My friend's... cousin's... uncle's... mother's... niece's.. brother

They could've called Texans bluff and traded with the 49ers or someone with more draft capitol than roster spots open....maybe dropped down 5-10 spots

Not getting into a debate....
takes two to make a deal, they may have tried, we don't know.

I wonder if Michael Sam is picked above the 5th round...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back