PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Divisional round game: Texans @ Ratbirds

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Tough to see upsets today but I hope both underdogs are up for the challenge…

I've got to root against the 49ers. I don't want them to catch the Pats with 6 Lombardis, putting them in a position to possibly get a 7th and take the lead among teams (and catch Tom)

Can we make individual game threads? I think the Divisional round deserves that and it isn't like making 2 game threads a a day is going to break the site.. For instance you can change this to Texans @ Ratbirds.. i mean Ravens ;)

I like the entire NFC side of the playoffs and I kinda want wish the Bills and Chiefs could eliminate themselves.

Unless I can’t stand the team, or there are other factors (Lions), when it’s not the Pats, I’m all in on the…

1705785154708.gif

Now, I don't think losing a SB would make the season a failure for Baltimore. But they are by far better than the other three AFC teams. Losing before the SB wouldn't be enough. They have everything. And Lamar winning a SB makes him a first ballot HOFer. 41-17 Ravens win today.

49ers face the most pressure. Clock is ticking. Getting to and losing a SB isn't enough. They have to win. Nothing else is a success. I'm not sold on Shanahan as a tp three coach yet. Not until he wins it all. They win today though. 27-20. GB scores a garbage TD.

GB/Hou are outmatched. But the future looks bright for both. Wouldn't be stunned if either win a title within the next three years or so.

i am just hoping for competitive games. We got 1 out of 6 competitive games last week (Rams @ Lions).

Only 7 football games remaining.....

I've got to root against the 49ers. I don't want them to catch the Pats with 6 Lombardis, putting them in a position to possibly get a 7th and take the lead among teams (and catch Tom)
Packers are just as bad if you consider NFL championships too....

Now, I don't think losing a SB would make the season a failure for Baltimore. But they are by far better than the other three AFC teams. Losing before the SB wouldn't be enough. They have everything. And Lamar winning a SB makes him a first ballot HOFer. 41-17 Ravens win today.

49ers face the most pressure. Clock is ticking. Getting to and losing a SB isn't enough. They have to win. Nothing else is a success. I'm not sold on Shanahan as a tp three coach yet. Not until he wins it all. They win today though. 27-20. GB scores a garbage TD.

GB/Hou are outmatched. But the future looks bright for both. Wouldn't be stunned if either win a title within the next three years or so.
On paper the Ravens have every reason to make the super bowl and a big reason i'm not picking them to win this game has to do with Lamar's playoff woes and the Texans not being push overs, plus the Ravens have a few key injuries. As for the HOF talk on Lamar, lets pump the breaks. Just winning 1 super bowl doesn't get him in and as good as he has been in his young career it is not automatically HOF worthy with a single super bowl win right now. And certainly not first ballot worthy. Though winning a championships gives him a good case to get in and i wouldn't be automatically against it considering the totality of his career, but he needs to also have a good run and not just be carried.

As far as SF goes, they have pressure to win, but there window isn't closing yet. They still have Purdy on a cheap contract for 2 more years. So if they don't break through this year they still have next year and after and depending on how they structure his contract probably the year after that where they will have a huge advantage over most other teams with a cheap very good QB. But yeah, that band will be breaking up soon once that bill comes due and SF is rightly going all in to win now as they should.

Last edited:
Can we make individual game threads? I think the Divisional round deserves that and it isn't like making 2 game threads a a day is going to break the site.. For instance you can change this to Texans @ Ratbirds.. i mean Ravens ;)
Ok changed it to Texans @ Ratbirds :)

If Mac Jones had a rookie year like Stroud he wins OROTY and it's unanimous. Get the right guy and we'll see some great things next season.

Jesus that was terrible. I hope the game isn't that bad! The entire city of Baltimore and that was the best singer they could find?

Get the right guy and we'll see some great things next season.
Houston had some important offensive pieces in place already, including a borderline pro bowl receiver in Nico Collins and 2 starting tackles (including all world Larry Tunsil). We've got an empty pantry.

Harbaugh has coached in 0 AFC Championship games since he was caught with the Bluetooth device. I’m just sayin…

Houston had some important offensive pieces in place already, including a borderline pro bowl receiver in Nico Collins and 2 starting tackles (including all world Larry Tunsil). We've got an empty pantry.
100%. They also did some wheeling and dealing for picks and they got some impact players.

Let's go Texans!
Ratbirds are one of those teams( like Jets,Steelers,Colts,Chiefs,Bills,Dolphins,
Eagles,Giants,Cowboys) that I can never root for.

Texans could get absolutely smoked here if the Ravens can keep up this energy, they're well up for it.

I'm rooting for Pats legend (and 2 time Super Bowl champ) Shaq Mason to have a good game

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back