PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Division Round: Seahawks at Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carted off, hope he's OK. Nice play there with Golden Tate. He was a player that interested me a bit in the draft I'll admit.

This injury looks ugly. Its hard to say that you're actually hoping for it to be a concussion versus some sort of neck injury. Carlson is alert and looked to be twitching his arms so hopefully that's a good sign.

If Seattle loses I don't think it will be because of Hasselbeck. He makes some good decisions and throws. It's too bad for him that he lacks the supporting cast, I think he could have been a great QB.

This injury looks ugly. Its hard to say that you're actually hoping for it to be a concussion versus some sort of neck injury. Carlson is alert and looked to be twitching his arms so hopefully that's a good sign.

Agreed, that was a positive sign. You always worry about paralysis, etc. so obviously it was good to see his arm at least moving.

Stupid to punt. Anyone think BB would punt there, regardless off the score, conditions, etc.?

Gutless, should of gone for it on 4th and 1

Stupid to punt. Anyone think BB would punt there, regardless off the score, conditions, etc.?

Especially when you have Hester back there. Carroll is a wuss.

Hard to say. That punt at least pinned them inside the 10, so from a field position standpoint it worked. They're not having much success offensively so far, and Carroll's pretty conservative.

Last edited:
It's interesting, a Seattle sportswriter brought up the topic of 'punt or go for it' in a preview to the game column earlier this week:

Seahawks | Scouting report: Seahawks at Bears | Seattle Times Newspaper

Don't be afraid to punt, Pete Carroll.

It's OK. It can even be beneficial. That was the case in the regular-season meeting with Chicago when Seattle punted 10 times, its most of any this season. While Devin Hester returned one of those punts for a touchdown, the Seahawks did everything they could to put more yards between the Bears and the end zone. That's a good strategy considering Chicago's offense ranked 30th in the league in yards gained this season. So when Carroll gets one of his hankerings to go for it on fourth down, he should opt for discretion over valor and punt.

Last edited:
Seattle getting killed up front. Lynch has to break 3 tackles just so he doesn't lose yards.

Should have been yet another Cutlerception in the red zone. Seattle's failure to make the easy pick is probably going to cost them points.

What a leap....did he gain anything?

Seattle's gameplan = only allow the big play, stop everything else.

Olsen: 58yd catch, 33yd catch, 1td
Knox: 18yd catch

Last edited:
Touchdown Bears. 14-0

This may turn into a blowout the way it's going. Seattle seems pretty overmatched and the Bears are definitely playing more physical. Glad I'm not a Seahawks fan.

I watched the Green Bay game last night...they're going to be a tough team. They're just relentless, and I'd have to say they're definitely the favorite to take the NFC at this point. Should the Pats advance, that's a rematch that worries me.

One thing to always be mindful of when watching NFC games. They are playing each other...

Green Bay is going to destroy the Bears next week. Even if Aaron Rogers plays just 1/4 of how well he played last night. The Pack seem like the team to beat - similar to the 07 Giants vibe.

great..now the remaining 3 hours until the pats is going to take forever with this **** NFC game on

One thing to always be mindful of when watching NFC games. They are playing each other...

True, but Rogers is the real deal. He is a great QB.
He, like Brady, outdoor QB who plays off the charts in a dome. If he can make it past Chicago, I think he will put up huge numbers in the comfort of the Dallas dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST