PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Breakout Stars for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren was already the star of the defensive line before Seymour went down, so I don't see that changing, but I agree, Wilfork's going to emerge as a gigantic force this year.

I was expecting Maroney, though.

I though Wilfork had already "broken out," but if he gets eben better, I'll take it.

Wilfork is making a few pre season all pro teams, for whatever that is worth.. without regard glad to see he is with us.

Wilfork is poised for a "breakout" season. We know him well in NE, but around the league, he is still a young star in the making. He slipped in the draft, has made a name for himself, and is still in the "maturing" stage of a career that could be great.

He was thought of, pre-draft, as a possible 6-12 pick. We got him at 21, for some reason, and his apparent anonymous progress has been similarly blessed. He has been without scrutiny, including us, for the most part and allowed to purely grow. In interviews, he comes across as a 35 year old grown man, despite his fledgling status in the NFL. He has been summarily been vaulted, spurned, ignored, celebrated, and simply appreciated. His response has been to simply progress towards his potential. His fumble recover last year is simply one of a long line of spectacular plays that will draw attention to the rest of his workmanlike day-to-day effort,

I think big vince is the best NT in the NFL. He does everything you need out of a NT and he is very athletic. And with him shedding a few pounds look for him to get a fewmore sacks this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft