PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the big talk, it's been a good bit of time now and no filings by anyone? Sounds like it was a lot easier to call Mr. Bigshot a liar in a column than it was to actually get involved with the proceedings.

For all the big talk, it's been a good bit of time now and no filings by anyone? Sounds like it was a lot easier to call Mr. Bigshot a liar in a column than it was to actually get involved with the proceedings.

because what's going on now with goodell is the same thing that was happening to chris cooper at the end of the bourne identity........some of those who were wishing ill upon the pats were sold a faulty bag of goods and it's coming home to roost on goodell

because what's going on now with goodell is the same thing that was happening to chris cooper at the end of the bourne identity........some of those who were wishing ill upon the pats were sold a faulty bag of goods and it's coming home to roost on goodell

Sorry, I don't understand how this relates to what I posted...o_O

I was saying that it looks like Clement is going to get away with his lies because no one is willing to call him out.

How do you know there have been no filings? It's not like the 2CA broadcasts these sorts of things..

Sorry, I don't understand how this relates to what I posted...o_O

I was saying that it looks like Clement is going to get away with his lies because no one is willing to call him out.

maybe the underlying sentiment is that those lies are what will bury the NFL....people put too much stock in the appearance of the appeal hearing....there's no way for the NFL to erase a failure to notify as well as a complete lack of precedence.....i believe the 3 judges had their mind made up before the hearing

not at all, but I am not surprised this is how you see it
I know you are struggling to deal with your infatuation with me but just stop responding to my posts. I do not care what your opinion is in anything so please stop trying to impress me.

How do you know there have been no filings? It's not like the 2CA broadcasts these sorts of things..

I thought it was all part of the public record, just like all the documents related to the previous proceedings, and the briefs in this one. They don't broadcast, but I'm pretty sure there are more than a few legal types who check the case records on a daily basis to see if there are any more filings.

You've lost me. You conclude that wells is a dishonest person so that means he isn't to blame for anything because he acted dishonestly.

The point of the discussion was that if wells conducted his investigation fairly and with integrity the patriots would have been found innocent.

I'm not sure how saying goodell asked him to please trump up phony charges exonerates wells actions.

Wells was hired to do a job. Period. He was not hired to do a fair job that might find Brady not guilty of something.

Sometimes I really wonder what world you are living in.

You've lost me. You conclude that wells is a dishonest person so that means he isn't to blame for anything because he acted dishonestly.

The point of the discussion was that if wells conducted his investigation fairly and with integrity the patriots would have been found innocent.

I'm not sure how saying goodell asked him to please trump up phony charges exonerates wells actions.

You keep insisting that if Kraft or Brady merely proved their innocence to the slime pig ownership faction, the corrupt criminal Goodell and his fraud for hire agent; $5 million dollar Wells, that they would see the light and change their ways to reflect truth, justice and the American way for the innocents Brady and his team.

Pretty sure Socrates was confident that his ultimate innocence would prevail too.

Actually, they do. Anyone with a PACER login (which is free to set up) can set up an RSS feed and be notified when new things are filed.

(PACER only charges (at $0.10/page) for documents retrieved/viewed, though opinions are free. And if your charges are less than $15 in a quarter the entire amount is waived.)

Last edited:
Amicus Curiae literally translates to "Friend of the court".

And maybe that's how, when you said "friends of the court," people understood that to mean Amicus Curiae.

yeah, well, YOUR retort is a bit distorted in and of itself...here is the Miriam definition of "amicus curiae"

Definition of amicus curiae

plural amici curiae

: one (as a professional person or organization) that is not a party to a particular litigation but that is permitted by the court to advise it in respect to some matter of law that directly affects the case in question

another definition straight from dictionary.com

a·mi·cus
əˈmēkəs,əˈmī-/
noun
noun: amicus curiae

an impartial adviser, often voluntary, to a court of law in a particular case.
"he was planning to advance this position in an amicus brief"

"an IMPARTIAL adviser"

an amicus curiae is not a "friend" to anything.

I actually call BS on this. I knwo many lawyers who would never take these kinds of cases because it would make them hate themselves.

there is a term for these friends of yours: unrepentant liars.

yeah, well, YOUR retort is a bit distorted in and of itself...here is the Miriam definition of "amicus curiae"

Definition of amicus curiae

plural amici curiae

: one (as a professional person or organization) that is not a party to a particular litigation but that is permitted by the court to advise it in respect to some matter of law that directly affects the case in question

another definition straight from dictionary.com

a·mi·cus
əˈmēkəs,əˈmī-/
noun
noun: amicus curiae

an impartial adviser, often voluntary, to a court of law in a particular case.
"he was planning to advance this position in an amicus brief"

"an IMPARTIAL adviser"

an amicus curiae is not a "friend" to anything.
I wasn't defining the phrase, I was providing the literal translation from Latin to English. What part of my statement "Amicus Curiae literally translates to Friend of the court" did you not understand?

Since you like Miriam Webster so much, here is what it also says:

Definition of AMICUS CURIAE

Origin of amicus curiae
New Latin, literally, friend of the court

Oh, and here is what dictionary.com says (which you conveniently omitted):

the definition of amicus curiae

Also called friend of the court.

I know you are struggling to deal with your infatuation with me but just stop responding to my posts. I do not care what your opinion is in anything so please stop trying to impress me.
LOL!! The king of the last word implores someone else to "stop responding."

You know, you can always stop responding yourself, buddy. (Ah, who am I kidding? AndyJohnson is physically incapable of not responding to a post where someone disagrees with him and he always has to have the last word)

and YOU are any different?

what I posted is the CORRECT definition of amicus curiae in the context YOU were using to attack DaB...asshat...now last word this, genius

You keep insisting that if Kraft or Brady merely proved their innocence to the slime pig ownership faction, the corrupt criminal Goodell and his fraud for hire agent; $5 million dollar Wells, that they would see the light and change their ways to reflect truth, justice and the American way for the innocents Brady and his team.

Pretty sure Socrates was confident that his ultimate innocence would prevail too.
So let me understand.
If wells truly acted as an independent investigator and hired a legitimate scientific organization to do the study and it found that weather was beyond the shadow of a doubt solely responsible for the deflation if the footballs and therefore the patriots did nothing wrong you still believe we would have lost picks and Brady would have been suspended?
seriously?

Wells was hired to do a job. Period. He was not hired to do a fair job that might find Brady not guilty of something.

Sometimes I really wonder what world you are living in.
Wells chose to cheat on the science.

and YOU are any different?

what I posted is the CORRECT definition of amicus curiae in the context YOU were using to attack DaB...asshat...now last word this, genius
I posted the translation and then you posted the definition (as if that somehow made my translation wrong).

What part of that are you not understanding? I am trying to help you here because you are obviously very, very confused.

Last edited:
So let me understand.
If wells truly acted as an independent investigator and hired a legitimate scientific organization to do the study and it found that weather was beyond the shadow of a doubt solely responsible for the deflation if the footballs and therefore the patriots did nothing wrong you still believe we would have lost picks and Brady would have been suspended?
seriously?

Sorry to butt in, but do you seriously NOT believe that we would have lost picks and Brady suspended in that case? As written, the Wells report exonerated the team. And the punishment was based to a significant degree on factors outside the actual deflation in the game (off-season "deflator" text messages, post-game communications, destroyed cell-phones, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes