PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe at least these two judges aren't buying it.

Speaking of Well's, what happened to him? He seems to have gone into hiding after people starting figure out his Millions of dollars worth of a report was a complete joke. Lol

He has been busy counting the tens of millions of dollars he makes every year as a rainmaker at Paul, Weiss.

This is absurd. He's demonstrably wrong but it's not because he reads the New York Post. That's just silly.

Chin isn't the most intellectual of judges on the court of appeals. The fact that he came out and said "the evidence is overwhelming against Brady" when it has NOTHING to do with the issues on appeals tells me he's got some bias or is just plain dumb. Even judge Berman didn't want to hear the science stuff - just what was at issue.

Speaking of Well's, what happened to him? He seems to have gone into hiding after people starting figure out his Millions of dollars worth of a report was a complete joke. Lol

Heard he's doing PR for Rick Snyder.

He has been busy counting the tens of millions of dollars he makes every year as a rainmaker at Paul, Weiss.

Partners there make anywhere from 1-3 million per year in salary.

Nope. Thanks for playing.

Partners there make anywhere from 1-3 million per year in salary.

Authoritatively said, but wrong. The "average" Paul Weiss partner made $3.85 million in 2014. Wells is anything but average. He also gets a larger cut of clients he brings in, like the NFL and its millions of dollars of fees. Ten million/year, easily. Also, fyi, it is not salary, but share of partnership profits.

Average partner at Paul Weiss earns $3.85M; tops list of 17 financially outperforming firms

We're the briefs ever released publicly? Surely Pash was mentioned in them.

I wish someone had reported some of these things last week. Oh well
Letting stories develop is why I don't react to the first wave. Generally, there's nothing worth getting worked up over. It's always sensationalism and then when the smoke clears, the actual story begins to present itself.

Letting stories develop is why I don't react to the first wave. Generally, there's nothing worth getting worked up. It's always sensationalism and then when the smoke clears, the actual story begins to present itself.

Further more, there are a lot of haters that would not want to give any news that might be received as positive from the Pats fans' perspective.
I know that sounds paranoid so sue me...WAIT!

Further more, there are a lot of haters that would not want to give any news that might be received as positive from the Pats fans' perspective.
I know that sounds paranoid so sue me...WAIT!
Deflategate has gone a long way to publicly demonstrating the level of corruption and collusion between the NFL and their cronies.

A side note on Wells and his Report. Yes, the Report was bought and paid for, and yes Wells drew inferences most favorable to the NFL at every turn. But, this is just what any lawyer would do for their fee--advocate strongly for their client (it was the NFL that called Wells "independent", not Wells). At the end of the day, his conclusion was weak--"more probable than not" that Brady was "generally aware." Don't for a second think that that was the language that Pash and the NFL wanted. Whatever you think about Wells, it is obvious that he fought the NFL on that key language and at least retained some shred of credibility in this fiasco.

A side note on Wells and his Report. Yes, the Report was bought and paid for, and yes Wells drew inferences most favorable to the NFL at every turn. But, this is just what any lawyer would do for their fee--advocate strongly for their client (it was the NFL that called Wells "independent", not Wells). At the end of the day, his conclusion was weak--"more probable than not" that Brady was "generally aware." Don't for a second think that that was the language that Pash and the NFL wanted. Whatever you think about Wells, it is obvious that he fought the NFL on that key language and at least retained some shred of credibility in this fiasco.

This is sarcasm, right??

Pash edited the report at will. In Berman's ruling he called it the Wells/Pash report

Given what Wells did to Richie Incognito, no, he doesn't have any credibility at all. He and the NFL tried to pull the same **** with Brady and they've been called out, discredited, and disproven every step of the way. The fact that this process is still running is laughable.

I sincerely hope this opinion is tongue in cheek.

Maybe at least these two judges aren't buying it.

That's all we need.

What I want is something in the opinion that states that the evidence against Brady is slim. It's an appeal so they won't likely address it.

It seems to me chin is being influenced by what he reads in the daily news or post. He was probably disappointed in berman's ruling and now is letting his feelings dictate his judgment. Not good for an appeals judge.
From that perspective, it's more likely he's been reading the Glob and the CHB, as, if he's been reading the NY Daily News, he's been reading Myers and Lupica saying that Deflategate is a pile of crap, whereas the CHB told us we should be embarrassed for having supported Brady.

This is sarcasm, right??

Pash edited the report at will. In Berman's ruling he called it the Wells/Pash report

Yes, often the client will edit the attorney's work. this is normal. My post was about Wells--the job he did as an attorney and how he successfully earned his fee while at the same time preserving his credibility by watering down his ultimate conclusion as much as he possibly could given he also had to represent the interests of his client.

Given what Wells did to Richie Incognito, no, he doesn't have any credibility at all. He and the NFL tried to pull the same **** with Brady and they've been called out, discredited, and disproven every step of the way. The fact that this process is still running is laughable.

I sincerely hope this opinion is tongue in cheek.

"He and the NFL"? No, the NFL sought to discredit Brady. An attorney with less gravitas would have been pressured by Pash to say something just like Pash wrote in the appeal ruling--that Brady knowingly led a ball deflation scheme, gave memorabilia in exchange for these types of favors, etc. Wells does not get enough credit here for obviously standing up to an irrational bunch of twits in the NFL office and ultimately concluding with the very, very weak "generally aware" language.

Yes, often the client will edit the attorney's work. this is normal.

On an "independent" report? Most clients hide their attorneys to represent them, not to do an independent study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back