PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's a lawyer down here as are, for better or worse, many of my friends, including one who used to be a Federal Prosecutor before he decided to make some money doing White Collar defense. Two of our friends are judges. Their legal training was all at the schools that produced the panel.

I was able last summer to get a pretty good read on Berman, which I shared with the Board and which turned out to be on target, but haven't had time to find much out about the members of the Appeals panel.

...I also used to date an ADA...but that's another story.

Don't get me wrong. I have many good friends who are fellow lawyers down here trying to fight the good fight each day. There are 1-2 judges down here that are not corrupt or certifiably insane.

I've done pretty okay overall but I'm (quite obvious) jaded.

Encouraging.

I wish someone had reported some of these things last week. Oh well

Chin is an absolute fuc.ktard. What's his angle here? And don't give me that "Jets Fan" or "NYC Judges" crap.

Chin's entire reasoning behind not buying into anything Kessler is saying seems to come down to "nuh uh"

Why?

It seems to me chin is being influenced by what he reads in the daily news or post. He was probably disappointed in berman's ruling and now is letting his feelings dictate his judgment. Not good for an appeals judge.

WELLS TOLD BRADY HE DIDN'T WANT THE PHONE. HOW IS THIS A FAILURE TO COOPERATE?!

Exactly. How can Brady be accused of not cooperating, when Wells said all along he was fully cooperative, and that he did NOT need Brady's cell phone?

How can Goodell then conclude that Brady not turning over his cell phone = a lack of cooperation?

Hopefully that is at least in the brief. Feels like these judges didn't read much of them yet.

It seems to me chin is being influenced by what he reads in the daily news or post. He was probably disappointed in berman's ruling and now is letting his feelings dictate his judgment. Not good for an appeals judge.

This is absurd. He's demonstrably wrong but it's not because he reads the New York Post. That's just silly.

Exactly. How can Brady be accused of not cooperating, when Wells said all along he was fully cooperative, and that he did NOT need Brady's cell phone?

How can Goodell then conclude that Brady not turning over his cell phone = a lack of cooperation?

IIRC the Wells Report specifically says that Brady fully cooperated doesn't it? It was only during the appeal that Goodell brought up accusations that Brady was being obstructive.

Well the thing with the deference Parker is of the opinion that in the matter when the arbitrator is judge, jury and enforcer it shouldn't be deferred and if Katzmann concurs then Chin is out voted.

Speaking of Well's, what happened to him? He seems to have gone into hiding after people starting figure out his Millions of dollars worth of a report was a complete joke. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back