PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next year's schedule is brutal - has BB even looked at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no....but I guess there's nothing left to talk about if you just say : 'until the end of time, every single game the pats play will either end in a win, a loss, or a tie......or it will just end

I mean someone expresses a concern and all of a sudden its 'you don't know, you don't know....anything can happen'....BUT when bodden is signed its 'this is great this is great....you know it is!!!', but really how do you know its great? how do you know bodden doesn't turn into another duane starks?

its simple........there is reason to believe both sides.......like there is precedence on what good QB's did to the pats last year......and with minimal changes to date, it is logical to say 'guy like aaron rodgers, brett favre, peyton manning, philip rivers, ben roethlisberger are going to light up the pats' ..... nothing has been done to date to change the pats defense

This is great! We're arguing about what we can argue about. ;)

Merlin Olsen is faster than Ron Brace right now. Brace will not be solving this team's DE problem this season.

Dude, too soon...

This is great! We're arguing about what we can argue about. ;)

that's what it comes down to......

let's try this on for size: the pats were really awesome and clearly the big winners in the first week of free agency. the roster is truly stacked

So are you predict that the Pats are going to go 8-8 or just begging for attention cause someone as also said they are going ot go 8-8 put money on it you willing to go that far.

sure they could go 8-8 but i don't think that is likely the scheduale is softer then last years (not by much but softer none the less) and they went 10-6 and very close to 12-4 at least and they are bringing back most of the same people with more age/experence so it doesn't make sense that the team will revert by 2-4 games with a slight easier schedule

some of you have to learn to read. i said I CAN SEE the Pats Going 8-8. I didn't say it was etched in stone and that was my final prediction. The bottom line is that the pats have a much tougher schedule next year and the team has not gotten any better (and i don't think this year's draft will resolve it until 2011).

I'm sorry to burst your bubble or spoil what some of you've been looking forward to since the Ravens game. But this is just what I see and people are ignoring the reality. Brady will be 33 next year and has may 6-7 years left...

Last edited:
some of you have to learn to read. i said I CAN SEE the Pats Going 8-8. I didn't say it was etched in stone and that was my final prediction. The bottom line is that the pats have a much tougher schedule next year and the team has not gotten any better (and i don't think this year's draft will resolve it until 2011).

I'm sorry to burst your bubble or spoil what some of you've been looking forward to since the Ravens game. But this is just what I see and people are ignoring the reality.

picture an ostrich ranch......

hey remember that one time that we had doug gabriel and reche caldwell and were one drop away from probably winning another super bowl? no? didn't think so.

Pretty stupid statement considering that Gabriel was only on the roster a few games and was far gone when the team went to the playoffs,the reason thid team went that far was the defense and the surprising Jabar Gaffney later signed

Steelers: Loss of best player for much of the year = "barring major injury"
Dolphins: finished just about where expected
Falcons: Given injuries to Ryan and Turner, finished about where expected
Panthers: Delhomme.
Giants: A disappointment
Jets: Finished about where expected
Bengals: Finished generally better than expected, although improvement had been predicted.
Broncos: Finished about where expected
Bears: Finished about where expected
Seahawks: Disappointment
Colts: Finished about where expected
Eagles: Were 11-5, so I don't see what your point is here. They finished as expected
Patriots: Finished about where expected. Last game was a throwaway, and this board had them around 11-5.

So, one could definitely point to the Giants and Seahawks. To a lesser extent, one can point to the Bengals and Carolina, but the Bengals were expected to be better, and people had a big question mark in Carolina because of how poorly Delhomme had finished up the season before.

As I noted, most teams play near expectations.

First, injuries are a big part of the game. So you can't dismiss them. Odds are a large number of teams will have injuries to key players that knock them out for significant time or a rash of injuries that will affect their win loss records.

I disagree with your assessment with a lot of the teams. Many people said that the Broncos might surprise a lot of people and get 8-9 wins. People can't be surprised if they were expecting it. After the Cutler and Marshall things, most had them winning 3-4 games.

As for the Pats and Eagles, both were disapointments compare to where the consensus had them. Both were supposed to be elite teams in their conference and both ended up on the low end of playoff teams. They both underachieved based on their expectations. Both were supposed to be strong Super Bowl contenders. Neither were.

No one had the Jets going to the AFC Championship Game. They may have backed into the playoff, but overachieved based on expectations in the playoffs.

Both Miami was supposed to be 10-11 win team and contending for a division title. Few had them as 7 wins team.

I will conceed the Falcons.

The Colts were a preseason favorite to be the biggest team on the decline, but some still had them in the Super Bowl. For arguments sake, I will conceed them.

As for the Bengals, no one expected them to win the AFC North and most had them around 8-8.

As for the Panthers, they were a division favorite with Delhomme.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble or spoil what some of you've been looking forward to since the Ravens game. But this is just what I see and people are ignoring the reality. Brady will be 33 next year and has may 6-7 years left...

Right now the odds of the Pats going 8-8 are just as much as them going 12-4 or 11-5

Team Chemistry also plays a big role in the season,if it did'nt the Redskins would win the SB every year with all the talent they obtain.

At the beginning of 2009,I think many thought the Saints were going to improve off an 8-8 2008 record but how many actually saw a 13-3 record and a SB title in March of 2009? - Outside of Louisiana, I can confidently say no one.

As constituted, this team can probably be a 9-10 win team at max. But I doubt this team will be as consistuted come September. I expect improvements in a lot of areas. It may not be Julius Peppers improvements, but Belichick has never sat still and purposely tried to put an average team on the field. He will make moves and potentially a lot of them before the offseason is over. There are still some good players out there and more will be cut over the upcoming months.

Time will only tell if the Pats will field a legitimate contender, but making that judgment in March is a little silly. This time in 2003, the Pats hadn't even added Colvin or Harrison yet (maybe not date wise, but number of days into free agency). This time in 2007, mentioning Randy Moss would have gotten chuckles. It is very doubtful the Pats will land another Harrison, but I am sure Belichick will add several solid veteran (maybe not great, but solid) before September.

If this is the team the Pats are fielding in September, then it is time to panic. In March, you just gotta wait for all the shoes to drop and hope enough good shoes drop.

Last edited:
Right now the odds of the Pats going 8-8 are just as much as them going 12-4 or 11-5

Team Chemistry also plays a big role in the season,if it did'nt the Redskins would win the SB every year with all the talent they obtain.

At the beginning of 2009,I think many thought the Saints were going to improve off an 8-8 2008 record but how many actually saw a 13-3 record and a SB title in March of 2009? - Outside of Louisiana, I can confidently say no one.

so in march, there is never any basis to state opinions?

so can we be sure that signing bodden was a good thing?

umm no. The odds at this exact instant of them winning N number of games next season includes the odds that they will improve the team this offseason as well as the odds of guys on the roster getting healthy/experience/better.

The odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of the team being closer to 12-4 than 8-8. The only people debating that are the whiners. And I really don't care if you use this opportunity to call me a homer. There are 32 teams who do NOT have a set roster in March.

Another lame thread populated the usual suspects.

*One Star*

umm no. The odds at this exact instant of them winning N number of games next season includes the odds that they will improve the team this offseason as well as the odds of guys on the roster getting healthy/experience/better.

The odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of the team being closer to 12-4 than 8-8. The only people debating that are the whiners. And I really don't care if you use this opportunity to call me a homer. There are 32 teams who do NOT have a set roster in March.

mmmkay......that makes sense.......I think.......no.....wait

it doesn't make any sense at all

The last time Brady lost a regular season home game, Dillon was the leading rusher, Caldwell was the leading receiver...and Chad Jackson had 2 catches. Predicting a 4-4 or 5-3 home record seems a little premature. Also, the Pats pretty much have 3 gimme games on the road. Doesn't smell like 8-8 to me.

The last time Brady lost a regular season home game, Dillon was the leading rusher, Caldwell was the leading receiver...and Chad Jackson had 2 catches. Predicting a 4-4 or 5-3 home record seems a little premature. Also, the Pats pretty much have 3 gimme games on the road. Doesn't smell like 8-8 to me.

on the other hand, the pats won 1 away game last year

"has BB even looked at it?" WTF? So...if BB looks at the schedule and thinks that it looks tough, he'll REALLY try to improve the team in the offseason but if it looks easy he'll only try to improve the team a little bit?

Tough schedule, yes, but one in which they play more tough out of division games at home than away. If they play/execute well, the schedule probably doesn't matter too much. I'm waiting to see what the rest of FA and the draft hold before making any judgements about this team's prospects next year.

Metaphors Re: Next year's schedule is brutal - has BB even looked at it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the other hand, the pats won 1 away game last year

Exactly why you can't really predict ANYTHING, but I don't see 8-8 either no matter what the schedule appears like at this early stage. Plus the other teams change and sometimes a players' level of play changes too.

We'll know NOTHING til they all hit the field, that's my prediction:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes