PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next year's schedule is brutal - has BB even looked at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what has or has not been done this offseason so far, unless Belichick is making this into a 2-3 year project and conceding next year, I think he needs to look at the 2010 schedule.

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

I can see the patriots losing to the Ravens, Colts, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Chargers and splitting with the Jets and Dolphins. That means an 8-8 season.

I am not trying to troll or be a pain, but reality is realty. Next year's schedule is brutal. With the team the way it is right now, I can't see a great season. and i don't think the draft is going to help for next year either because it will take guys like Brandon Graham to develop. Add to that Welker is basically done for the year and we have a problem.

My gut feeling is BB is trying to restore this team to greatness but realizes it won't happen until 2012 or so. This is why the pats are refusing to throw money at old guys like Peppers and Boldin.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that the 2nd Week of Free Agency isn't even over yet so how the hell can you be thinking about the schedule and how tough it may or may not be.

Not to mention that some of the schedule depends on when during the season the teams play, what happens during the draft and hell, what happens at training camp.

As for your idea of the Pats not "throwing money" at Boldin and Peppers. Unless you know how much money was being discussed, how can you not they didn't throw money at them?? If the Pats offered Boldin a 1 year deal at 6.5 million and Boldin wanted the deal he got, then the Pats still offered him plenty. He just got more from somewhere else. Same with Peppers. No one knows what the Pats offered. It could have been 10 mill.. But we'll never know.

I won't even get into your prediction of an 8-8 season.

I'm pretty sure BB isn't even aware there is an NFL season in 2010.

Fer sure. He's too busy trying to horn in on Giselle. We all know that BB doesn't know how to focus on football.

Based on what has or has not been done this offseason so far, unless Belichick is making this into a 2-3 year project and conceding next year, I think he needs to look at the 2010 schedule.

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

I can see the patriots losing to the Ravens, Colts, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Chargers and splitting with the Jets and Dolphins. That means an 8-8 season.

I am not trying to troll or be a pain, but reality is realty. Next year's schedule is brutal. With the team the way it is right now, I can't see a great season. and i don't think the draft is going to help for next year either because it will take guys like Brandon Graham to develop. Add to that Welker is basically done for the year and we have a problem.

My gut feeling is BB is trying to restore this team to greatness but realizes it won't happen until 2012 or so. This is why the pats are refusing to throw money at old guys like Peppers and Boldin.

Thoughts?

New England Patriots

New York Jets
Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

Miami Dolphins
Home: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

Away: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

also, balt, cincy, gb, and minny are AWAY for miami, while they are HOME for the pats.

new england vs jets --- jets probably have marginally easier schedule, but not enough to offset the 2 division games vs pats.

new england vs miami -- even after the san diego for oakland trade I think I'd still prefer new england's schedule by virtue of the home for road swaps, which are pretty huge.
either way, division games probably win out.

basically, pats probably win their division if they can beat their division -- same as every year, and I'd echo that 2nd or 3rd post about the difficulty of predicting sos this far out.
I'm not too worried about it.

I don't really see how adding peppers or boldin to that 2009 season turns it around any, if we also subtract out welker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News