PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Pats preseason TV hosts announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank the Good Lord no more Dum Dum Fauria... And hopefully they do away with Andy Hart and Perillo and their terrible in game commentary cut outs....

So I’m not the only one who isn’t the biggest fan of Zolak?

He gets a little too homerish. Waves pom poms a bit too much.

His voice irritates me too. It makes it sound like we pulled a random boozed up guy from the local pub to be our color guy.

That's exactly why I like him. I want homerism from the booth.

That's exactly why I like him. I want homerism from the booth.
I could stand it if it wasn’t combined with the irritating voice.

I personally like a having a guy in the booth who’s honest.

Like some others have said, I actually like the slightly subpar broadcast quality of the preseason...and Zo is perfect for that. It's like going to the bar and watching the game with that loud guy who was a high school football star 25 years ago, still shotguns beers and is vaguely strongfat. He's great fun when you're winning, but there's not much doing when you're losing...

It works for me in the preseason because after halftime most of the games turn into unwatchable snoozefests anyway. Now his commentary on the radio during the regular season or post season are a different story.

I can handle Zo's homerism in the booth, but what is intolerable is his silence with Bertram et al when they crap all over the Patriots on the airwaves and Zo is silent.. he knows more than he lets on, knows the organization and knows the game.. but he avoids challenging the half truths on Sportstalk Radio...

Here is a blast from the past remember Jerry Glanville??... In those days they could not even match numbers with players..

Uh-oh. No Fauria. Wife & Mrs Bruschi are gonna be wicked pissed.

It does bother me that he does have the aging frat boy thing going on.

Watching Fauria + Zolak on Patriots All-Access was painful. Replacing one with the other keeps the meathead demographic served.

I still sort of miss Jerry Glanville's stories about giving kids a " comic book, an apple, and a bus ticket" when making cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST