PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Patriots helmet the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me? The new design looks like something Wonder Woman would wear. After 35 years of sticking with this team through thick and thin it would be the first real challenge to my loyalty.

(Just joking on the last point, but that thing is butt ugly.)

Last edited:
The idea that the Patriots' helmet is the worst is laughable to me. They have one of the best logos, helmets, & uniforms not just in the NFL today, but in NFL history. It just screams "champion" to me. I also find it funny that this guy includes the Bucs as one of the worst helmets when they also have a look that most NFL fans agree on as being great looking.

Obviously this proposed design would never fly based on sheer ridiculousness. Kudos for the time this guy wasted. I definitely favor the old white Pat Patriot helmets to the current war bonnets. When Tom and the gang march out in red and white with the throwback Ridells the boldness is a thing of beauty. Why not make the move the Jets did when they parted way with their terrible block letter green hats in favor of the throwback design which is far superior. IF there is one thing to like about the Jets (which there isn't), it has to be their uni's.

Even combined with the current uniform design, it seems like proud ol' Pat Patriot would be a huge upgrade on the Flying Elvis. The only negative I see is that nearly the entire legacy that Belichick and the Pats have built in Foxboro has been constructed while donning these alleged worst helmets in the league.

Cheerio.

That look like something out of a really bad B movie. Whoever designed that should be locked up. If the patriots went to that type of design I will have to think of rooting for another team. I can't believe I just said that but I actually mean it......

Bengals helmets and uniforms are hands down the best in the NFL. Combine that with the Jungle Theme in their stadium and it's something a fan base can really get behind.

I'm rooting for the Bengals to go to the SB if we cannot anyway. They deserve some good fortune and seem to be trying to clean up the "thugish" image people have of them. Anyone that can't appreciate a Saints/Bengals is a homer and NOT an NFL football fan in general....

My .02..... Flame at will!

Last edited:
phelmet.png

Isnt too bad.

I think that design looks like the design of that team from Any Given Sunday...the Americans I think they were called. Ugly look. I'm not a fan of it. I like the current one. Plus, if you subscribe to the theory that if you finally win a championship, the uniform and helmet you had must stay like that for the rest of time (see: St. Louis Rams after they won their Super Bowl or Detroit Pistons after they won the NBA Championship).

I don't know why he is ragging on the Redskins helmet. I like it. I always have. Those designs look like something the XFL would use.

I think that design looks like the design of that team from Any Given Sunday...the Americans I think they were called. Ugly look. I'm not a fan of it. I like the current one. Plus, if you subscribe to the theory that if you finally win a championship, the uniform and helmet you had must stay like that for the rest of time (see: St. Louis Rams after they won their Super Bowl or Detroit Pistons after they won the NBA Championship).

I don't know why he is ragging on the Redskins helmet. I like it. I always have. Those designs look like something the XFL would use.

Not quite the same but similar to it...here is the one from the movie

AnyGivenSunday_Americans.gif

This one from a Ga High School looks really cool and gets rid of the Silver

patriot+helmet.png

his replacement is absolutely hideous. wow.

I have loved the Flying Elvis since the day he came out. I like the helmets just the way they are, although I would not mind a change of background from silver to white. The helmet suggested by this guy looks like the one used in the circus for the guy being shot out of the cannon.

Since when did anyone care about the helmet graphics? Seriously. Anyone who watches a football game and comes away saying "Oh, I didn't like their helmets, they look totally gross..." deserves to be watching Little House on the Prairie.

For me I only want to see them in either the old Pat or Flying Elvis and that is it. I don't care if they are good or bad but that is how I see my team.

Finally! Finally I've found out who must have been in charge of Art Direction for Any Given Sunday. Oy. I have no idea if I even like that movie because I'm always sooo distracted by the incredibly cheesy, craptastic unis and such. And the Dallas Knight midfield design is practically seizure inducing! I mean, an Oliver Stone movie with Al Frikkin Pacino and they let the winner of some High School Art class contest do the design work or something? Really? Yeesh! :D

AnyGivenSunday_Sharks.gif
AnyGivenSunday_Knights.gif

And thanks, but no thanks. I'm perfectly happy with the Flying Elvis.

P.S. I do like the one for the Redskins, actually.

Last edited:
Fact is that they wont change it anytime soon. It is synanomous with winning, and the brand that Kraft has built here.

Fact is that they wont change it anytime soon. It is synanomous with winning, and the brand that Kraft has built here.

^This

I wouldn't change a thing on that helmet.

The capn america helmet on there was absolutely horrible... however if you go the the source page, the redskins design they came up with was great... and lord knows the whole "synonymous with winning" excuse couldnt be made for them. They should make the switch.

The capn america helmet on there was absolutely horrible... however if you go the the source page, the redskins design they came up with was great... and lord knows the whole "synonymous with winning" excuse couldnt be made for them. They should make the switch.

?

They have won three Super Bowls with that helmet design. If you want to talk about their success since the mid-90s up until now, that's another thing.

I still like the Redskins design though.

This is why we can't have nice things!

More proof that all it takes nowadays to be considered a Graphic Designer is a pirated copy of Photoshop and a business card. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back