PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New NFL TV Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in theory, we're looking at two more seasons before a huge salary cap jump? I feel like that could be taken advantage of.

Long time lurker and I rarely ever post ever maybe last time in a while but as a transplant Pats fan who lives in LA. I too used to have to suffer with Directv but not anymore. You can now subscribe to NFL Sunday ticket through the Playstation 3 without having to be a Directv subscriber. It's pretty much the same price too.

wow i didnt know that. NFL should advertise that more.

-- FRITZ

Not sure why you guys say you have to "suffer" with DirecTV. It's better than any cable company out there.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.
I have Directv and I definitely prefer it to cable.

With the networks, etc., paying all this money to broadcast games, I wonder how the Red Zone channel fits in? On Sunday's when the Pats aren't playing or are playing later, I almost always pick Red Zone over a game broadcast. Doesn't RZ basically cannibalize viewership for which networks are paying a fortune? Maybe someone out there has a better handle on how this works than I do, and can explain how the networks aren't up in arms over Red Zone.

No. I'm not being sarcastic. DirecTV is better than Time Warner or Comcast. Particularly when it comes to customer service.

No. I'm not being sarcastic. DirecTV is better than Time Warner or Comcast. Particularly when it comes to customer service.

I agree with this as well. The only reason I switched to Fios is my current apartment had (I'll explain) no line of sight to the HD satellite.

Of course exactly one week after signing up with Fios, my neighbors cut down the tree that was blocking the signal.

I am also using my PS3 this year to catch the Ticket. But I didn't purchase it until just before the Colts game as every other game has been on free TV here in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Comcast sucks and I don't know anything about time warner. What I do know is that Direct TV is unreliable and often has problems. I've had Fios for 3 years and have had only 5 minutes of downtime. That trumps anything any type of dish can offer.

BTW, if you are getting NFL Sunday Ticket off the PS3, you are still paying DirecTV. Sunday Ticket is their intellectual property..

now, that being said, I may consider switching to using the PS3 and going to FIOS because of the download speeds I get for things like movies and such..

I'll also have to compare the pricing.

Comcast sucks and I don't know anything about time warner. What I do know is that Direct TV is unreliable and often has problems. I've had Fios for 3 years and have had only 5 minutes of downtime. That trumps anything any type of dish can offer.

DirecTV is unreliable? Why? Because of the weather? Sorry, but Cable companies (not Fiber) have more downtime in a given year than DirecTV does.

DirecTV is unreliable? Why? Because of the weather? Sorry, but Cable companies (not Fiber) have more downtime in a given year than DirecTV does.

Not just weather, they have technical problems all the time..... Look at opening day this year. Using fiber as part of your arguement simply shows how little you really know about the subject. Fiber has nothing to do with reliability, that is a marketing ploy. Almost all cariers use fiber at their core. If you cable company uses an ancient infrastructure, then it sucks, but it is probably better than direct TV. If you have a cable company that uses a half decent infrastructure, then it blows Direct TV away. Fios just kills it.

BTW, if you are getting NFL Sunday Ticket off the PS3, you are still paying DirecTV. Sunday Ticket is their intellectual property..

now, that being said, I may consider switching to using the PS3 and going to FIOS because of the download speeds I get for things like movies and such..

I'll also have to compare the pricing.

It was @350.00 this year if you bought it at the beginning of the year. Which I think is 50.00 more than it cost if you had a dish?

I'm thinking of keeping this current set up for next year as well. Won't be in Pittsburgh anymore and won't get as many free Pats games.

I have had both, and from my experience I think people tend to notice when DirecTV goes out (because it is almost always tied to when it is raining hard), but in reality cable goes out more often (e.g., box randomly freezes or reboots on its own), and for longer periods of time (for several hours on occasion).

I have had both, and from my experience I think people tend to notice when DirecTV goes out (because it is almost always tied to when it is raining hard), but in reality cable goes out more often (e.g., box randomly freezes or reboots on its own), and for longer periods of time (for several hours on occasion).

I have had 5 minutes of downtime in 3 years. If you don't stack stuff on your box, it won't overheat and have problems. If your box consistently has problems, and you are not over-heating it, then you have bad hardware.

Love my Verizion FiOS.

Switched from Comcast 4 years ago when they were paying their hometown Senator to screw the Patriots.

I have had 5 minutes of downtime in 3 years. If you don't stack stuff on your box, it won't overheat and have problems. If your box consistently has problems, and you are not over-heating it, then you have bad hardware.

Nothing on the box, well ventilated, and have switched hardware. I'm referring to what I would consider specifically system issues outside the boundaries of my home. That's just been my own personal experience; I can't speak for others. I'd say they're very close, but to me I would give DirecTV a slight edge.

Love my Verizion FiOS.

Switched from Comcast 4 years ago when they were paying their hometown Senator to screw the Patriots.

+1. I have U verse (same system as Fios) for the last 3 years, I love it.

I have Sunday ticket and during bad weather, the signal gets lost.

You may want to have DTV come out and look at repositioning your dish.
I've had DTV for 6 years, and can remember only 2 times ever that weather affected my reception. However, one spring I had reception problems because a tree just under the line my dish was pointing, grew and when the leaves came in, it was obstructing the line.
They repositioned it and it has been fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes