PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green

Green had a bad season in 06, but so did Moss. Though you don't hear the Pat fans discuss Moss's bad season, if you do, it's quickly silenced with God Brady talk. As for Green, no one knows what the plans are with him at this point. So all we can do is wait and see.
Define bad season. Moss's numbers were down. He didn't play much. When he played, he didn't look like a lousy WR.

Green sucked when he played. When he played he looked like a lousy QB.

Bottom line:
The Chiefs would have won more if they played Green less.
The Raiders would have won more if they played Moss more.

You are welcome to your opinion, but you are barking up the wrong tree if you think Green is a better QB than Moss is a WR.

But then, you are one of the guys who think that Ginn was a better pick than Quinn, so I can see why you think Green will improve the Fins more than Moss will improve the Pats.

Once the games are played, we will find out.

But don'f forget, I'm with you and AquaBoy on this. We all three would rather Green play for the Fins than Culpepper.

EDIT: Also, don't overlook the decoy value of Moss. Just having him run down the field will keep safeties off our RBS (the biggest problem we had last year was safeties playing way up), and opening up the underneath for the real star of our offense: Wes Welker.

Last edited:
Aqua is already out buying his Trent Green jersey.

Re: *BREAKING* New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green

i still dont get why they didnt put damon huard in that game
they honestly mighta beaten em

but yeah, trent green is done
im so glad they got him

Because it's Herm freakin Edwards. He subsrcibes to the school of thought that a player can not loser their job to injury. If Belichick thought that way we would have Drew Bledsoe instead of Tom Brady.
That is a scary thought, but you are exactly right.

It is kind of unfair for a player to lose his job to injury, and I can sympathize a lot with Bledsoe, but Holy Crap! I'm glad we didn't give him the starting job back.

Quite right. Brady is the reason we won the Super Bowls. There is no way Kraft, Belichick and Pioli could have built a winning team with Bledsoe at QB.

If this is really true, then we don't have the best fron office in football, just a front office lucky enough to have drafted Brady, lucky enough to have Bledsoe get injured, and obviously lucky enough not to have Brady injured.

Well, I'll be honest, Miami worries me more than the Jets or the Bills. If they can get their offense together, they're a contender. They kicked the tar out of us and the Bears. We can say what we want about letdowns and brain farts but they kicked our ass all over the field that day.

Well, I'll be honest, Miami worries me more than the Jets or the Bills. If they can get their offense together, they're a contender.
You could say this about the Texans and Raiders, also.

Green had a bad season in 06, but so did Moss. Though you don't hear the Pat fans discuss Moss's bad season, if you do, it's quickly silenced with God Brady talk. As for Green, no one knows what the plans are with him at this point. So all we can do is wait and see.

You need to learn the word PERSPECTIVE.

Moss was on a junk team with even WORSE QBs than Miami had last year. And that is saying something.

Moss comes to a team that has a top QB, what should be a good running game, and at least 4 quality receivers to take pressure off him and make it so he doesn't have to carry the team.

Green, on the other hand, is going to a team that just revamped its ENTIRE coaching staff, has a very limited running game, has huge questions on its O-line and whose two star defensive players are as old as Bruschi and Harrison on the Pats. Chambers still hasn't had that breakout season everyone was suspecting and Booker isn't nearly what he was. Oh, and unless Miami improves on their special teams blocking (something they haven't done in 3 years), their pretty boy, Ted Ginn, is going to get hurt pretty quickly because of his slight build.

So, while Miami's defense may, yet again, keep the team in contention, the offense has more questions than answers.

Sorry ahole, but in the immortal words of a real genius NFL HC - it is what it is. :bricks:

If that upsets you, feel free to take a hike. :p

Mo - Don't mind FeelthePain, he is just trying to spread his misery over the Dolphins to us.

I mean, we are afterall, the only biased ones here and he offers up such UNBIASED statements like " All pats fans can't say anything good about moves the Dolphins make."

He is what he is.

No Randy isn't 37 years old, but he's played like he is for three years now.

No he hasn't. But, again, you don't bother with perspective so, why should anyone bother listening to your garbage?

You are what you are, Feelthepain. We Pats fans know it. You just can't admit to it.

Mo - Don't mind FeelthePain, he is just trying to spread his misery over the Dolphins to us.

I mean, we are afterall, the only biased ones here and he offers up such UNBIASED statements like " All pats fans can't say anything good about moves the Dolphins make."

He is what he is.

I stopped trying to argue with him about that months ago.

Pot calling the kettle black doesn't even begin to cover it.

Yeah cuase some Pats fans can't post without bias.

This coming from the most biased poster since NEM was here.

FeelthePain, you really need to learn the meaning of BIAS because everyone has it. YOU have it against the Patriots by the fact that you are a Miami Dolphins fan. YOU'VE shown your bias in just about every post you made, whining and complaining about the posts of Pats fans.

While I do understand this is a Ptas site, I know Aqua takes as much BS as he gives out, so spear me the "It's all Aquas fault " line. Pats fans have no excuse for posting like they do, I seriously doubt many people come to this site and procalim their team is bette then the Pats. On the other hand many Pats fans are piss poor winners.

WOW. You just love to continue to show how clueless about situations you really are. Man, you are the epitome of "IGNORANCE IS BLISS".

Do us all a favor, unless you know wtf you are talking about, don't post.

It's obvious to everyone, the Pats are probably one of the best teams in the league, but the Dolphin aren't as bad as you Pat fans portray. The Dolphins seem to handle the Pats quite easily most of the time. So for Pats fans to get on their high horse is a bit overkill. It's one thing to know you're the better team it's another to take chep shots simply because you can, that what's know as being a poor winner.

As for Green, who knows what he has left, will he be the same QB he was last year or will he be more like the QB that played in 05? No one knows, we don't even know if he can win the starting job in Miami. If he starts and has a good season, I'll be happy. If he can help Beck mature a little faster it's a bonus. As for Daunte I hope he remains on the team. I hope he fights for a starting spot, I hope if he doesn't stay he goes somewhere and gets a shot, cause he's earned that.

its amazing to watch such a hypocrite continuously get on his HIGH HORSE and complain about the exact thing he, himself is doing.

You're right, Zippo. Its just not worth it because ignorance like that can't be corrected.

Who got the better deal,Fish or Chiefs??????

Define bad season. Moss's numbers were down. He didn't play much. When he played, he didn't look like a lousy WR.

I never said he looked like a lousy WR, with Randy it was attitude as much as diminishing skills.

Green sucked when he played. When he played he looked like a lousy QB.

Bottom line:
The Chiefs would have won more if they played Green less.
The Raiders would have won more if they played Moss more.

I think it's a bit unfair to say Green played like crap when he was injured in his first game and he probobly wasn't ready to return when he did. So it wasn't like he jsut suddenly lost his skills, he had a pretty serious injury last year, is he healthy now? We'll see.

You are welcome to your opinion, but you are barking up the wrong tree
if you think Green is a better QB than Moss is a WR

Where did I say this? However Green has produced more at his position then Randy has at his, throughout their careers. But that's just the nature of the two positions.

But then, you are one of the guys who think that Ginn was a better pick than Quinn, so I can see why you think Green will improve the Fins more than Moss will improve the Pats.

I guess all we can do is wait and see what will become of Ginn, but I'm fine with taking him over Quinn taking Beck in the second IMO fixed our future QB situation.

Once the games are played, we will find out.

That's all you can do.

But don'f forget, I'm with you and AquaBoy on this. We all three would rather Green play for the Fins than Culpepper.

No I would rather have Daunte start for the Dolphins, he younger and has put up better numbers then Green. But that's not my choice to make, so i'll have to support the players on the team.

EDIT: Also, don't overlook the decoy value of Moss. Just having him run down the field will keep safeties off our RBS (the biggest problem we had last year was safeties playing way up), and opening up the underneath for the real star of our offense: Wes Welker.

This is one of the reasons we also loving having speed on the outside with Ginn. Teams will not stack the box on the Dolphins this year and we have a real nice one two punch in Ronnie and Lorenzo out of the backfield with one of the best lead blockers in the league in Cory Schlesinger blowing open any remaing holes to run through. Miami will not be the same Vanilla offense the league has seen the past 6 years we will be a much more wide open offense then in the past.

Quite right. Brady is the reason we won the Super Bowls. There is no way Kraft, Belichick and Pioli could have built a winning team with Bledsoe at QB.

If this is really true, then we don't have the best fron office in football, just a front office lucky enough to have drafted Brady, lucky enough to have Bledsoe get injured, and obviously lucky enough not to have Brady injured.

No, Brady was one reason you won those SB's, if I'm not mistaken you won each of those SB's by a filedgoal and haven't been back since Adam left. Now obviously the kicker wasn't the only reason the Pats won either, but he was as important to those SB wins as Brady was.

No, Brady was one reason you won those SB's, if I'm not mistaken you won each of those SB's by a filedgoal and haven't been back since Adam left. Now obviously the kicker wasn't the only reason the Pats won either, but he was as important to those SB wins as Brady was.

No, you're wrong. The Pats would have won at least 2 of those Super Bowl games with any serviceable kicker. (I guess you forget the 2 FGs he missed against Carolina.) They wouldn't have sniffed any of those SBs with Bledsoe at QB. At least I think that way.

You need to learn the word PERSPECTIVE.
Uh huh, I need to learn prospective.

Moss was on a junk team with even WORSE QBs than Miami had last year. And that is saying something.

Moss was also healthy, he chose not to play well that's far worse then someone who's injured and can't play.....by far. He could have made that Raiders team better then it was, rahter then doing so he whined and complained and pouted.

Moss comes to a team that has a top QB, what should be a good running game, and at least 4 quality receivers to take pressure off him and make it so he doesn't have to carry the team.

I agree with this 100%!

Green, on the other hand, is going to a team that just revamped its ENTIRE coaching staff, has a very limited running game, has huge questions on its O-line and whose two star defensive players are as old as Bruschi and Harrison on the Pats. Chambers still hasn't had that breakout season everyone was suspecting and Booker isn't nearly what he was. Oh, and unless Miami improves on their special teams blocking (something they haven't done in 3 years), their pretty boy, Ted Ginn, is going to get hurt pretty quickly because of his slight build.

No, we didn't revamp the entire coaching staff, just the HC and a few asst. "Very limited running game" I thionk we have the best backfield in the divison! I do think the Oline is unproven, but we are returning three starters, three starters that played very well for us last year. However they have a lot to prove so they are a questionmark. Chambers and Booker are both probowlers and if Colston can do what he did in NO, imo it's more bout the offense being run then it is the talent in the system. Miami's ST's unit was one of the best in 05 and fell off a little in 06 but overall was a very good unit. Lets not forget about Ginn, he will make an immediate impact on ST.

So, while Miami's defense may, yet again, keep the team in contention, the offense has more questions than answers.

And lets not forget, we have less questions then either the Saints or Jets did going into last year, cause atleast we have a top 5 defense. Neither the Saints or Jets had that going into 06 and they both had brand new coaching staffs running brand new systems, so is it possible for Miami to do what the Saint's and Jets did last year? Very!

So let me get this straight. Painintheass is lovin' that they wasted the ninth pick in the draft on a punt returner?

Ginn is the secret weapon that will make everything great for the Dolphins on offense and open up a whole new era in offensive fire power for a traditionally defensive team because he is going to just stretch that field like a madman.

I do think that Green was a good pick up for the Dolphins. He is as solid as any back-up in the league right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes