PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're wrong. The Pats would have won at least 2 of those Super Bowl games with any serviceable kicker. (I guess you forget the 2 FGs he missed against Carolina.) They wouldn't have sniffed any of those SBs with Bledsoe at QB. At least I think that way.

What about getting to the SB? Would any avg kicker have gotten you there, I think you really need to give the kicker just a little more credit. Adam won the Pats games they couldn't win with their QB. Brady could get the Pats close, but it took Adam to close the deal and if you think clutch is something avg kickers have you don't understand the meaning of the word clutch.

Last edited:
ATTENTION MODS: Why don't you just move this into the visitors forum where the 2 trolls can argue about how good their crap team will be this year - We don't care that they have Trent.

ATTENTION MODS: Why don't you just move this into the visitors forum where the 2 trolls can argue about how good their crap team will be this year - We don't care that they have Trent.

Wow, it's sad you're to immature to handle this thread.

Re: New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green

is it possible for Miami to do what the Saint's and Jets did last year?
Yeah, if you had signed Brees instead of Culpepper, you might have done like the Saints. And if you drafted solidly like the Jets did last year, you might have done like the Jets.

Alas, you keep ignoring guys like Brees and Quinn, and loving guys like Green and Culpepper (and Lucas and Ferrotte and Feeley and Feidler adn Rosenfells), and you draft for flash instead of substance.

Face it, you used a No 9 pick on Bethel Johnson. They both are very very fast. Bethel made the difference in a regualr season game in Indy. Maybe you will get a game-changing performance out of Ginn. But you needed a QB, not a punt returner-speester.

And don't talk about Beck. He is Chris Weinke, two years older than the young players around him, and able to look good against them. The NFL will be different.

Wow, it's sad you're to immature to handle this thread.

Your an idiot..Comparing stats of a QB to a WR?

Shows how immature and stupid Doofins fans are--- What are you like 18?

Go to bed,Curfew is over

Oh,and learn how to spell - 'TOO' with 2 O's instead of TO

Last edited:
Your an idiot..Comparing stats of a QB to a WR?

Shows how immature and stupid Doofins fans are--- What are you like 18?

Go to bed,Curfew is over

Go back and read what I wrote again before you start tossing out insults.

Yeah, if you had signed Brees instead of Culpepper, you might have done like the Saints. And if you drafted solidly like the Jets did last year, you might have done like the Jets.

Brees wasn't the only reason for the Saints success, their rookies, Bush and Colston playee their parts aswell, not to mention Sean Peytons offense. But their Defense stepped iot up too. So while you think it was just the QB, it wasn't.

Alas, you keep ignoring guys like Brees and Quinn, and loving guys like Green and Culpepper (and Lucas and Ferrotte and Feeley and Feidler adn Rosenfells), and you draft for flash instead of substance.

I'm sorry , what has Quinn done in the NFL?? And Brees is nowheres near a healthy Daunte, so while you like to voice your opinion on what talent at the QB position is, we all have different opinions. Bottom line QB's can win games if the system works. Miami's offense has be so consevative the last 5 of 6 years it's been really tough to move the ball. In 05 when Miami had Scott Linehan, we were able to win 6 of our final 6 games finishing 9-7. And that was with Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels.

Face it, you used a No 9 pick on Bethel Johnson. They both are very very fast. Bethel made the difference in a regualr season game in Indy. Maybe you will get a game-changing performance out of Ginn. But you needed a QB, not a punt returner-speester.

And don't talk about Beck. He is Chris Weinke, two years older than the young players around him, and able to look good against them. The NFL will be different.

There you go again with your presumptions, why not lets just wait and see what happens with Ginn. As for Beck are you so scared of the Dolphin draft picks that you feel the need to trash them? I would think if you really had no worries about them you wouldn't even respond to them instead it's nothing but insults. They haven't even played a game yet.

Brees is nowheres near a healthy Daunte

Nowhere near a healthy Dante? - Come on now,You tell me Feelthepain what has Culpepper done in the NFL since Randy Moss left Minnesota?..and this was BEFORE the injury problem.

Culpepper's success evolved around the amazing talent of a young Randy Moss - Once Moss was gone so went Culpepper into average Joe QB ranking.

Brees on the other hand only really had a true threat in Gates out there in SD and still played well..He took a rookie 7th rd WR last year and made him a star,Brees is getting better every year he is in the league..Dante is at the end of the rope.

How can you compare the two with Culpepper as being better,Healthy or not?

Remember Brees had BIG shoulder problems too which did not affect his play last year,Correct?

Last edited:

Brees is nowheres near a healthy Daunte

Nowhere near a healthy Dante? - Come on now,You tell me Feelthepain what has Culpepper done in the NFL since Randy Moss left Minnesota?..and this was BEFORE the injury problem.

Culpepper's success evolved around the amazing talent of a young Randy Moss - Once Moss was gone so went Culpepper into average Joe QB ranking.

Brees on the other hand only really had a true threat in Gates out there in SD and still played well..He took a rookie 7th rd WR last year and made him a star,Brees is getting better every year he is in the league..Dante is at the end of the rope.

How can you compare the two with Culpepper as being better,Healthy or not?

Remember Brees had BIG shoulder problems too which did not affect his play last year,Correct?

Daunte's best season as a Vike was Randy's worst as a Vike: 767 yards and 13 TD's. That same season Daunte passed for almost 5000 yards 39 TD's with only 11 INT's. He also rushed for more then 400 yards and 2 more TD's. So during Daunte's best year he didn't even need Randy. Daunte did all this on a team that was 8-8. Numbers Tom Brady can only dream about on a team that is in the Playoffs every year. You really need to do your reseach before you post.

I'm sorry, what has Quinn done in the NFL??
The same as your mighty Ginn. I never said either had played in the NFL. I am talking about projected impact and how much a top QB can boost a team, and how much a speedy returner can.

The problem is that you are lumping all draft picks in the same pot with the "what has xxx done in the NFL" argument. And all draft picks are not equal.

Yeah, last year at this time you could have claimed Reggie Bush wasn't so hot, and that Mr Irrelevant was a good pick, because at that time, "What has Reggie Bush done in the NFL?"

It is a stupid argument to say that Quinn was not a better choice than Ginn because Quinn hasn't done anything in the NFL.

I'm growing bored with your stupidity or cupidity, whichever it is. You are either totally cluelass or just saying stupid things like a four-year-old so he can annoy the adults.

Either way, you have stopped being entertaining. Enjoy your Dolphin season, troll.

The same as your mighty Ginn. I never said either had played in the NFL. I am talking about projected impact and how much a top QB can boost a team, and how much a speedy returner can.

Where did I sayGinn would be a success and Quinn would be a failure? I support the decision to take Ginn because we still drafted a QB.

The problem is that you are lumping all draft picks in the same pot with the "what has xxx done in the NFL" argument. And all draft picks are not equal.

Either you need glasses or you're reading someone elses posts. I have no idea what that sentence is about. The players drafted this year either have what it takes or they don't, we won't know till the actually take the field and play.

It is a stupid argument to say that Quinn was not a better choice than Ginn because Quinn hasn't done anything in the NFL.

No more stupid then it is to say Quinn is better then Ginn before they actually play.

I'm growing bored with your stupidity or cupidity, whichever it is. You are either totally cluelass or just saying stupid things like a four-year-old so he can annoy the adults.

Good, I never asked you for your opinion, I never asked you to join in the conversation and I sure as hell won't lose sleep if you never post again. Your attitude sucks anyways.

Either way, you have stopped being entertaining. Enjoy your Dolphin season, troll.

I could say the same about you, Bias Homer!

No, it's fact!

I was just amused by your posts until this. Comparing Green to Moss....and i thought Aqua was the worst phins poster here.

Daunte's best season as a Vike was Randy's worst as a Vike: 767 yards and 13 TD's. That same season Daunte passed for almost 5000 yards 39 TD's with only 11 INT's. He also rushed for more then 400 yards and 2 more TD's. So during Daunte's best year he didn't even need Randy. Daunte did all this on a team that was 8-8.

How many times do Dolphins fans need to be shown the numbers before they stop with this crap? Moss absence made a huge difference in Culpepper's play in 2004.

In the 3 games Moss missed and the 2 where he played 1 play, Culpepper averaged 235 yards passing. In the 11 Moss played, he avergaed 321. 7.1 yards per attempt without Moss, 9.3 with him. Moss in the line-up that season was good for an extra 100 yards passing, 2 yards per attempt, and 1 TD a game in Culpepper's stats.

Daunte's best season as a Vike was Randy's worst as a Vike: 767 yards and 13 TD's. That same season Daunte passed for almost 5000 yards 39 TD's with only 11 INT's. He also rushed for more then 400 yards and 2 more TD's. So during Daunte's best year he didn't even need Randy. Daunte did all this on a team that was 8-8. Numbers Tom Brady can only dream about on a team that is in the Playoffs every year. You really need to do your reseach before you post.

You really need to learn about football before you post.

And Aqua, I would bet you $50 that Brady has better stats than any of the Dolphins QBs, but you wouldn't pay up.

And Brees is nowheres near a healthy Daunte, so while you like to voice your opinion on what talent at the QB position is, we all have different opinions.

Miami fans tend to have strong opinions about whomever their QB ends up being, not to mention the competitions, and they are always dead wrong. It gets so old - it's like arguing with an elderly dementia patient - just an upsetting waste of time for all concerned.

Well, according to Adam Schefter tonight, three teams are interested in Daunte, but are so embarrased to be that they have demanded annonymity... In fact three others have taken pains to announce they are not one of the annonymous three (Atlanta, Oakland and the Giants). :rofl: He will likely go to one of the three mystery teams as a backup - the concensus is he's done as a starter anywhere - for a 6th by Friday, and he will have to drastically restructure his contract. What'd Saban trade for him again? LOL

Oh, and 37 year old Trent Green is squeezing a three year deal out of Miami because that is how long he intends to play...:eek: Adam said there will be substantial money in the first year, with decreasing salaries in 2008 and 2009. Trent says if Beck has any questions he'd be happy to answer them, BUT he's not going to sit down with him and go over the entire playbook...No mention of whether or not he'll talk to Cleo Lemon, but he has avoided contact with Daunte because, after all, he's been hard at work on taking away his job for two months now.

In fact Trent said tonight he would have held out in KC until the week before the season if he hadn't been traded - like they cared - he was their new 3rd stringer. These players are like children who threaten to hold their breath to scare their parents into capitulating. KC just wanted to squeeze Miami for more comp before unloading his $7M salary (which is chump change for a starter if you think he can do the job) which they could have by cutting him any time up to kickoff of the regular season. If he plays 70% of the offensive snaps the trade compensation goes from a 5th to a 4th.

Excellent deal for KC who is rebuilding whether they admit it or not - plan to give Croyle every opportunity to win the starting job...LOL Damon gets screwed again, but at least he's getting $7.5M to carry a rookie's clipboard. Herm will have his new team drafting in the top 5 before his second season is in the books. ;)

What about getting to the SB? Would any avg kicker have gotten you there, I think you really need to give the kicker just a little more credit. Adam won the Pats games they couldn't win with their QB. Brady could get the Pats close, but it took Adam to close the deal and if you think clutch is something avg kickers have you don't understand the meaning of the word clutch.

Yes, I understand "clutch". I have a PhD. I believe I learned what that word meant in grad school.

Anyway, you're looking only at the obvious, which is a sure sign of intellectual laziness. You shouldn't let margins of 3 points influence you too much in deciding who "closed the deal".

Without Adam, no way we would have gotten to SB 36. No argument there.

38 he missed two clutch kicks and made 1. That's a net -1. I think most other kickers in the NFL could have done the same if not better. He did play well in the playoffs, but not miraculously well like in 2001.

39 we did win by 3 points, but it didn't come down to a kick. There was no chance for a "clutch" kick by Adam. Same for the rest of those playoffs, which featured 2 blowouts.

Look, I loved Adam and will always love what he did for the team, and I give him plenty of credit. But I feel that 36 is the only SB we wouldn't have won with any other kicker.

Green to the Fins would not be a bad move if not for 2 things:
1) He only had one good game after his brains were scrambled. (Browns)
2) He is a pure pocket passer.

Leaving the mental damage out, let's simply discuss the later.
While with the Chiefs, he passed for 4000+ yards for three straight seasons, to no name recievers. But he was supported by a solid running game. (Pope?, LJ)
When he gets to Miami, he will be passing to Chambers, Booker, and have a Ronnie Brown running game. This would be a good thing, if not for the pure pocket passer stat.
A pocket passer lives and dies with their O-line. While with the Chiefs, the O-line was at least servicable, but in Miami, it will be non-existent. 3 of the five starters on Miami are gone, and the other two are going to play a different spot. So basically, 5 out of 5 new starters.:eek:
If Brown goes down again, their back-up, Morris, signed with us and he who would be his back-up, Williams, is looking like he might never play in the NFL again.
Not the best situation for a 37 year old QB to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back