PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green

Thank you for bringing us this great news, I am glad to hear that the Dolphins will be bringing in more old players, that have spent their time in the NFL, and are ready to move to retirement.

I hear many people like to retire to Florida, probably the reason Trent is going there, to make the transition to retirement easier.

I think Green will be better than Harrington was last year. He won't likely make stupid mistakes. I heard Dan Lepetard or whatever his name is say, "I'm sure Bill Belichick is hiding under his desk after hearing this" He was being sarcastic.

Typicall, Mr. Attitude makes the Pats SB winners before the season even starts and everyone the Dolphins sign sucks. Gosh what a shocking unexpected response from Pat fans..

Typicall, Mr. Attitude makes the Pats SB winners before the season even starts and everyone the Dolphins sign sucks. Gosh what a shocking unexpected response from Pat fans..

You need help.

Really.

Typicall, Mr. Attitude makes the Pats SB winners before the season even starts and everyone the Dolphins sign sucks...
Not true at all. Trent Green sucked last year, before the Dolphins signed him. You watch the playoffs last year?

I'm on your side with this, though. I LIKE it that the Dolphions signed Green.

Plus they can trade Culpepper to the Jags for a 7th round pick. Of course, you will then half to watch Culpepper revive his career with the Jags and go to the Pro Bowl.

Re: OT: Green to Fish

Whoa - stop the presses... the Dolphins send a draft pick to another team for the rights to a QB!

So what is this like the 10th draft pick they've used or traded away on a QB since the millenium? About an entire annual draft worth?

Thank God I'm not a fan of that team!

Not true at all. Trent Green sucked last year, before the Dolphins signed him. You watch the playoffs last year?

I'm on your side with this, though. I LIKE it that the Dolphions signed Green.

Plus they can trade Culpepper to the Jags for a 7th round pick. Of course, you will then half to watch Culpepper revive his career with the Jags and go to the Pro Bowl.

Green had a bad season in 06, but so did Moss. Though you don't hear the Pat fans discuss Moss's bad season, if you do, it's quickly silenced with God Brady talk. As for Green, no one knows what the plans are with him at this point. So all we can do is wait and see.

Green had a bad season in 06, but so did Moss. Though you don't hear the Pat fans discuss Moss's bad season, if you do, it's quickly silenced with God Brady talk. As for Green, no one knows what the plans are with him at this point. So all we can do is wait and see.

Randy Moss isn't 37 years old.

And Green is better than anything the Fins already had (at least I think he is), so it's a decent move.

Re: *BREAKING* New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green

Take it for what it's worth, I'm just spreading the news.

You might as well spread something.......cause those lies about never agreeing to give money to charity is spread thin

Sorry ahole, but in the immortal words of a real genius NFL HC - it is what it is. :bricks:

If that upsets you, feel free to take a hike. :p

Randy Moss isn't 37 years old.

And Green is better than anything the Fins already had (at least I think he is), so it's a decent move.

No Randy isn't 37 years old, but he's played like he is for three years now.

You can thank Aqua for the lovely responses this thread got. If he had in the past acted like a reasonable person instead of a delusional troll people would not have been as viscous. Funny thing though, if you act like a jerk and don't pay a charity when you lose a bet people aren't going to be very nice to you.

That being said it's a good move by the Phins, they couldn't get any worse at QB and at the most it only cost them a fourth round pick. They're still are a long way from being a good team though.

Last edited:

Sorry ahole, but in the immortal words of a real genius NFL HC - it is what it is. :bricks:

If that upsets you, feel free to take a hike. :p

Yeah cuase some Pats fans can't post without bias.

No Randy isn't 37 years old, but he's played like he is for three years now.

:rolleyes:

Whatever. He has averaged 775 yards and 8 TDs over the last three years. Not great numbers but certainly not as bad as you make them out to be. He was still being double teamed the entire time in Oakland, had a hurt hamstring for most of 2004, and played for some God awful QBs. And despite what you say Randy is still young enough to turn it around, and he didn't get his brain scrambled like Green. Moss is going from a worse team to a better team whereas Green is going from a better team to a worse team. I'll take my chances with Randy, thank you.

Last edited:

You can thank Aqua for the lovely responses this thread got. If he had in the past acted like a reasonable person instead of a delusional troll people would not have been as viscous. Funny thing though, if you act like a jerk and don't pay a charity when you lose a bet people aren't going to be very nice to you.

While I do understand this is a Ptas site, I know Aqua takes as much BS as he gives out, so spear me the "It's all Aquas fault " line. Pats fans have no excuse for posting like they do, I seriously doubt many people come to this site and procalim their team is bette then the Pats. On the other hand many Pats fans are piss poor winners.

It's obvious to everyone, the Pats are probably one of the best teams in the league, but the Dolphin aren't as bad as you Pat fans portray. The Dolphins seem to handle the Pats quite easily most of the time. So for Pats fans to get on their high horse is a bit overkill. It's one thing to know you're the better team it's another to take chep shots simply because you can, that what's know as being a poor winner.

As for Green, who knows what he has left, will he be the same QB he was last year or will he be more like the QB that played in 05? No one knows, we don't even know if he can win the starting job in Miami. If he starts and has a good season, I'll be happy. If he can help Beck mature a little faster it's a bonus. As for Daunte I hope he remains on the team. I hope he fights for a starting spot, I hope if he doesn't stay he goes somewhere and gets a shot, cause he's earned that.

OK, they needed somebody to hold the spot for Beck at (for once) a modest price. Why not?

Though if I were Green's family, I'd urge him to retire in one piece.

Okay... well I really don't care, 37 year old quarterbacks can do as they please, if they really believe that they can still play. But if i were Miami I would play Beck. They probably will not come in last place in the division, but it doesn't look like they will win it, so why not give the rookie a chance?

Hell yeah. After watching the Chiefs/Colts game last year I am PUMPED to hear this.

i still dont get why they didnt put damon huard in that game
they honestly mighta beaten em

but yeah, trent green is done
im so glad they got him

i still dont get why they didnt put damon huard in that gamethey honestly mighta beaten em

but yeah, trent green is done
im so glad they got him

Because it's Herm freakin Edwards. He subsrcibes to the school of thought that a player can not loser their job to injury. If Belichick thought that way we would have Drew Bledsoe instead of Tom Brady.

I can not imagine that. That is why BB is successful, and Edwards was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes