PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Miami Dolphins' QB, Trent Green [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving the mental damage out, let's simply discuss the later.
While with the Chiefs, he passed for 4000+ yards for three straight seasons, to no name recievers. But he was supported by a solid running game. (Pope?, LJ).

A solid running game? The Chies had about the most dominate running game in the league over Green's time their.

And though he had no name wide recievers he had a hell of a tight end with Tony Gonzalez.

Last edited:
Trent also mentioned last night how he will be comfortable with Cam's offense which is why this trade just made so much sense to him...

OK. So he's played in another offense for 5 years with which he got terribly uncomfortable when a new HC whose purported forte is defense <:rolleyes:> took over intending to run that same offense, albeit with a few less weapons since he needed to try to create a functional defense which the team hadn't had in Vermiel's tenure.

The Offense he is now comfortable running is the one he couldn't crack as the 3rd string QB in Washington 9 years ago. I guess Cam didn't guru him too good. It will therefore also be a new offense for all his teamates to assimilate, which should make them uncomfortable as all get out - but who cares. It will be their second (or third depending on how you view Malarkey running his predecessors offense last year to avoid a third change in 3 seasons).

Cam is known as a QB guru credited with developing the guy Saban passed on last year (whose development as I recall was somewhat problematic necessitating signing Doug Flutie and led to drafting Phillip Rivers) and such notables as Elvis Gerbek and Antwan Randal El.... He's also known as an offensive genius having had landed with a franchise that had a HOF RB already up and running heading into his second season and a GM credited with being a draft talent guru armed with a boatload of early round picks he was able to use two of on projected franchise QB's. Had he succeeded in Arizona or Detroit or Oakland I might be more impressed. His only HC experience is in college, and it wasn't terribly encouraging.

But hey, Trent's happy and Miami fans are happy, so whose to say. Although all this talk of genius HC's and resurrected QB's seems a tad like deja vu all over again to us simple minded Pats fans. ;)

I thought the Fish picked a QB in the second round. The apparent future and now they go out and get a washed up 37 year old QB to start for them. Cam Cameron is a doofus.

feelthepain, stop being so *****y. Coming on and bashing us for being biased. Hello, THIS IS A PATRIOTS FORUM. We will trash the moves the dolphins make like I am sure the Dolphags trash all the moves the Pats make. Stop being a baby about it. Please just get the hell over it. If you cant stand the fact that Pats fans think the Trent Green move sucked then STOP COMING HERE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes