PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Era Scouting Mock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up guys. I'm a staff member at New Era and stumbled upon this post so I figured I'd try to clarify a few things, or at least expand on things a bit. I'm not the one who did the mock, but I think I can provide at least some insight (as a Bengals' fan, I didn't agree with all of their selections either).

Cason is a guy that I just love. While he doesn't have track star speed, he does have good closing speed, and he's such an athlete that he makes up for any lack of speed he might have. He's good in man; almost nobody threw at him all year. He's such a great athlete you'd have to figure he'd thrive in a zone based scheme as well. With all of the defenses that the Patriots love to play I feel like that's important. To me, him and Talib are the two best corners in the draft, and I feel like Cason is a more sure thing and has the upside Talib has.

Hart I'm not as high on, but he's a great fit in New England. He'd never have to carry the ball 20+ times a game, which I don't feel like he can do. I don't think he's a great weapon in the passing game, but in that offense they don't really ask him to be. I feel like he could develop into that type of player however. The only question I'd have about it is would New England be willing to draft someone who is as outspoken as he is. Some think that it's great he shows a passion for the game and wants to win, I just think he's a punk (and I'm not some Ohio guy hating on Michigan. I dislike Ohio State as well).

The Henne selection I don't agree with, but it is what it is. The Patriots are in a position to take whoever they want because there aren't any obvious holes to fill.

As for the linebackers, I think the general consensus around the site is that the Patriots are going to try to infuse more youth into the linebacking corps. Also, they'll probably look for versatile guys who can play all four spots rather than guys who can be pegged as pure OLB/ILB.

If you guys have any other questions, I'll try to check this forum out again in the next few days. If not, come on over to the site. We have a thriving message board and we'd love to address any of the issues/questions you guys have, or just talk football in general. The URL is http://www.newerascouting.com The link for the message board is on the left hand side.

Anyways, congrats on the season, good luck in the playoffs, and be thankful the Bengals aren't on your 2008 schedule :)

What's up guys. I'm a staff member at New Era and stumbled upon this post so I figured I'd try to clarify a few things, or at least expand on things a bit. I'm not the one who did the mock, but I think I can provide at least some insight (as a Bengals' fan, I didn't agree with all of their selections either).

:)

Thanks for dropping by. Please continue to do so. Things really heat up around here come March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back