PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Prospects

I looked at all the teams’ schedules and I think the Pats will pick somewhere in the 7-10 range. Unless more injuries hit the team and BB sells some assets I doubt we sniff a top 3 pick.
I tend to agree, though I think 6-8 is our most likely landing spot. Titans and Vikings are probably our top competition for 6/7,

We are sitting at 1-5 and staring at a likely 1-7 because we face the Bills and the Dolphins in the next 2 weeks. I'd say we're right in the mix for a top 3 pick. The only question is can Carolina steal a win or two somewhere or will they really go 0-17?
I think you are missing the point that teams around us have less winnable games than we do. As I mentioned the only way for us to get a top 5 (or 3) pick is if we continue trending down with injuries and/or decide to be heavy sellers between now and the trade deadline.
So yeah, I will take that bet of us not finishing with a top 3 pick.

Give me:
JC Latham
Michael Penix
Malachi Corley
...with the first 3 picks.
Also a fan of Malik Nabers, Patrick Paul and Bo Nix (hard pass by many but he'll be ready to go day 1. He's older but that's OK)

Not sure if this is a red flag or a great trait:

We don't need another crying guy.
I kinda miss the crying guy...

tom-brady-crying_original.jpg

I finally got around to watching some college games I've recorded the last few weeks, but hadn't watched. I think I found our next QB (I hope).

QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
. He's fairly tall (listed at 6'4") and has a very good arm. He's mobile, without being a scrambler in the Lamar Jackson mold. He's accurate and makes good decisions (72.1% completion rate, 27 TDs to 4 ints this year). And I like his presence in the pocket and huddle and his demeanor on the sidelines. And he should be there when the Pats pick in the 1st since guys like Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are getting more hype.

I finally got around to watching some college games I've recorded the last few weeks, but hadn't watched. I think I found our next QB (I hope).

QB Jayden Daniels, LSU. He's fairly tall (listed at 6'4") and has a very good arm. He's mobile, without being a scrambler in the Lamar Jackson mold. He's accurate and makes good decisions (72.1% completion rate, 27 TDs to 4 ints this year). And I like his presence in the pocket and huddle and his demeanor on the sidelines. And he should be there when the Pats pick in the 1st since guys like Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are getting more hype.
Very thin i.e. 185lbs for a 6'4" kid is perhaps a concern. Another of the college veterans with 5 years between ASU and LSU.

Very thin i.e. 185lbs for a 6'4" kid is perhaps a concern. Another of the college veterans with 5 years between ASU and LSU.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Very narrow shoulders. I agree it's a concern. But of all the top QBs (Caleb Williams, Maye, Penix, Nix) Daniels impressed me the most. And I think a pro strength & conditioning program can help Daniels a lot.

Nix is now at Oregon. Caleb Williams and Michael Penix are two other QBs who should be of interest this time next year
Yep.

5th was Jalen Mcmillan

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11-56-55 2024 NFL User Mock Draft #1794549 NFL Mock Draft Database.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11-56-55 2024 NFL User Mock Draft #1794549 NFL Mock Draft Database.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11-56-55 2024 NFL User Mock Draft #1794549 NFL Mock Draft Database.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
Starting to think that Bo Nix is a legit option for the Pats. Kid has transformed himself after struggling at Auburn. Big arm, mobile and increased ball security. Can see him shooting up the draft boards in the coming weeks/months.

Rattler is a fun kid to watch. Decent arm, mobile but perhaps a bit erratic. Was one of the more successful prospects to feature on the Netflix series QB1.

Saw Rattler's last game, I don't know anymore....Bryce Young arm vibes

Picked Maye here first...

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 12-51-36 2024 NFL User Mock Draft #1836408 NFL Mock Draft Database.png

Starting to think that Bo Nix is a legit option for the Pats. Kid has transformed himself after struggling at Auburn. Big arm, mobile and increased ball security. Can see him shooting up the draft boards in the coming weeks/months.
Does anyone subscribe to the name theory like I do?

Nix nix?
When your parents named you McCorkle, that was the moment you should have tried something else.
Never been a good QB named Zach.
I admit Trey Lance fooled me.

Give me:
JC Latham
Michael Penix
Malachi Corley
...with the first 3 picks.
Also a fan of Malik Nabers, Patrick Paul and Bo Nix (hard pass by many but he'll be ready to go day 1. He's older but that's OK)
The problem with Penix is that he is very much a pocket passer QB with a lengthy injury history, which is not what the Patriots need right now.

Right now Nix is the fall back option. If they don’t land Maye,Williams or Harrison they should draft the top LT and then trade up into the first for Nix or just wait on McCarthy.

Nix to me has the best back shoulder throw of all the prospects which is the hardest throw to make in the big league. He’s intriguing for sure but that Washington game bugs me a bit. Yes he almost won but he looked very uncomfortable the whole game. Then you look at his domination of Utah which plays a pro set defense and your like wow. Think he’s getting another crack at Washington/Penix in the pac 12 championsip this Friday if anyone wants to watch/record? Should be a great game. The after math is we get to see footage of one of these two guys vs Michigan or Georgia in the playoffs.

The problem with Penix is that he is very much a pocket passer QB with a lengthy injury history, which is not what the Patriots need right now.
Every time I see the slim shoulders now i have visions of Jimmy G and his availability.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back