PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Neither Brady or Wilson Getting the Manning Ball Wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Always been a believer in judge people by their actions more than their words. I find it amazing that neither Brady or Wilson are getting the ball wash treatment. Granted wilson is young but he is going for 2 in a row ... Manning never went for 2 in a row. As to Brady's accomplishments ... no need to rehash them. So they may give Brady some lip service here and there but not even close to what it would be if it was Manning. Not even 2 time Super Bowl winner Eli Manning would be getting the ball washing of 1 time Super Bowl winning flat head.

Judging this on the ball washing Manning got before big games this year ... he got more attention for them than either QB is getting now. It's rather sickening IMO ... the media heads think they are bigger than the game ... almost like they appoint who is famous and who is not .... D-bags.

To a lesser not Pete Carroll getting more attention than Belichick ... not that Bill gives a rats ass. I have nothing against Pete ... he doesn't control what they say but the bitterness ... it's ice cold for some of these D-Bag media heads.

Even if Brady wins six Super Bowls, the media will still be awaiting Peyton's second ring which will anoint him the greatest quarterback who ever played. Although many in the media don't care and already are ready to give him that honor.

I don't care what media people say about anything. "Deflategate" completely eradicated my want for the Pats to get media validation. I hope they march right off the field with their Lombardi and skip the festivities until they land back in New England and do it on their own field.

Just said in another thread that almost every time I try to watch NFL Network, it's about the Seahawks. But I do have a couple questions though.

A) Will the Patriot's offensive line make sure that Kam Chancellor won't do again what he did against Carolina when Gostowski tries for a field goal and extra point?

B) Did the team watch Carroll when he said that the Seahawks know about their trick plays with the substitutions and formations?

...Did the team watch Carroll when he said that the Seahawks know about their trick plays with the substitutions and formations?
Good point, but I consider it a plus that Pete has spent time on that part of the offense that we may not even use, barring a blowout.

Even if Brady wins six Super Bowls, the media will still be awaiting Peyton's second ring which will anoint him the greatest quarterback who ever played. Although many in the media don't care and already are ready to give him that honor.
Gotta love how everyone picks him to win the SB in August and then is flabbergasted when he goes one and done again.

Man, this thread title cries out for a comedy skit...

"4 out of 5 reporters choose Peyton Manning brand ball wash."

Just said in another thread that almost every time I try to watch NFL Network, it's about the Seahawks. But I do have a couple questions though.

A) Will the Patriot's offensive line make sure that Kam Chancellor won't do again what he did against Carolina when Gostowski tries for a field goal and extra point?

B) Did the team watch Carroll when he said that the Seahawks know about their trick plays with the substitutions and formations?
a) On an extra point it'd be the idiotically easy choice to just be aware of the possibility, and if you think you see it coming, stand straight up, take the penalty, and knock him on his ass. You could take like 4/5 of those false start penalties before the XP becomes a semi-difficult kick. But I'm thinking one time knocking him over would be enough to stop the tactic. On a FG, esp a longer one, you have to be on a the lookout for it just like Seattle has to look out for the odd ineligible formations. Honestly had Seattle known he could jump the line but hadn't really shown it yet, it could have been a major thing in the Super Bowl, but I'm sure BB has put it in the OL's mind for kicking plays and has a plan, if not a solution. If he times it perfectly and the guard doesn't see it....not much gonna change.

b) that goes to the idea that if nothing else, Seattle has taken a look at that and on some level has to compensate for it on any play where anything weird goes on formation-wise. they'll be more aware than is even typical on any play where there are ineligible/eligible announcements. I don't think NE has exhausted the options with those formations, as has been mentioned elsewhere the ineligible guy split wide can still receive a lateral pass, which opens up some other options for them to play with if they feel they have the right coverage. and maybe they won't pull it out at all...in the Baltimore game I do think it came about because they felt they needed to pull that extra club out of the bag, so to speak, rather than just being a random gimmick like a typical flea-flicker call. same goes for the Edelman pass. the Colts game was never really in doubt but i think that was more of a case of BB/Josh showing other ways those formations could be a threat, just another thing to think about. i.e. you can't just look for Hooman at LT, maybe the LT can play TE too, ya know?

Re: the original topic (or at least title)...I can't imagine the concept of Manning setting the record for SB appearances and it not being a total all-media-outlet onslaught of OHMYGODHOWGREATISTHISGUY!!!. That being said I think in most coverage and/or from just random people I talk to Tom seems to be getting his due either way, but that would certainly be in the extreme had it been Manning. In terms of seasons played (as a starter, so this doesn't count '11 against Manning, or '00/'08 against Brady), this is 6 in 13 for TB12. that's the equivalent, percentage-wise, of Manning having played in 7 or 8 SBs because he's got a few extra years on Brady as a NFL player. Brady may actually get to that number yet. And still will be considered in the same conversation as this guy, which is just redonkulous.

Last edited:
you guys are pathetic. there's been plenty of 'is brady the GOAT' talk in every tv or radio show. plenty of articles too.

people hate us and brady because we are a center of attention all the time.

I saw at least 4 sections of Brady GOAT discussion.

Even at BSPN (where I was at an office at the time i hate that channel), they were crowning him the GOAT player NOT just QB.

Brady is def getting some ball washing, too.

For some reason it is easier for the NFL to market Manning vs. Brady, perhaps it is the lineage or maybe it is the 5th avenue personna created for him... Archie and Eli working the crowd helps..

Brady is part of the "evil empire", Manning will always be excused for one reason or another.. without regard, they hate us, because they ain't us..

We know little about Manning and his personal life, he has a hospital in Indy named after him. We know Brady had a baby out of wedlock(god forbid), Brady is married to a supermodel(jealousy), Brady shows up to the most fashionable venues with Gisele on his arm.. and of course he plays for the epitome of NFL evil... BB..

I think football fans love to feel disrespected. 'Hawks were disrespected for years, but for the most part we're not anymore, contrary to what we'd like to believe. Whether it's clinging on to 1 article out of 5 that calls Wilson a game manager, or certain 'analysts' forever picking against us, the truth is we're now one of the more respected teams in this league.

In terms of Brady vs Manning, from the outside looking in I feel like the majority of people would take Brady. I'm not sure I disagree with the notion of Manning being the greatest regular season QB of all time, but even though he's going to Canton on such records, that's not a legacy, at least, not in the same league of legacy as the one Brady will leave behind; and I'm pretty sure that's how it will be viewed when we look back in a few years time.

I see plenty of similarities between that debate, and the Wilson vs Luck one. I hope that plays out similarly, with Wilson playing the role of Brady, it's certainly following a similar narrative thus far.

The media may have a shorter wait for Peyton Manning's son to win his second Super Bowl than Peyton to win his second. I think Peyton's window is closed. The Broncos have anew coaching staff and are going to lose some key free agents.

Manning is the greatest fantasy football player of all time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft