PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEINsider posts again on ESPN's message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine or not, it's still interesting stuff.

As far as the digital vs. tape issue. There are some truly digital cameras out there that record directly to a hard drive. Most including the newer HD cameras record to digital compatible tape ( Mini-DV) and are then downloaded. So yes, there would be an actual tape.

The fact that he said the media should ask the Patriots about how they used taping tells me he's not an insider.

I can't see why the Patriots would want to perpetuate and reignite the story now that it's died down a little bit.

The fact that he said the media should ask the Patriots about how they used taping tells me he's not an insider.

I can't see why the Patriots would want to perpetuate and reignite the story now that it's died down a little bit.

It may have died down a little bit compared to Super Bowl weekend, but it's still simmering--I mean, a US Senator just spent the last two weeks promoting his book on national radio and TV shows, and suggesting the Patriots were thieves and cheaters...some insiders might wish that the story were being spun a bit from their perspective.

If that's all it takes to convince you...ok.

I read it more as a snicker that the coverage has mostly been all one-sided. Would the Pats give consent, I don't know. His main point seems to be no one has tried.

Maybe this guy is an insider, but the things over the years that I have learned is that 99% of these people who claim to be insiders are idiots just like you and me. There is one in a Bruins forum, and ESPN had on in a Red Sox messageboard for awhile. Why would someone risk there job just to give us great info? Kinda crazy too me. I hope he is an insider cause I do like to read his stuff and keep posting it, till we findout he is a fraud. Just like the rest of us.

Actually, that was one of the parts that makes me feel that this guy ain't real, but for a different reason. Belichick and Pioli had Mike Reiss' ear for an indepth piece about the whole situation and then the Globe interviewed tons of staff for the full page story on Walsh. If this was a story that the Pats really wanted to get out there, they had two big chances with two writers, one was fair and balanced (Reiss) and the other was slightly pro-Patriots. They chose not to bring up this point in either case. They could have easily got this point across without reigniting the story anymore than the pieces already did.

Maybe this guy is an insider, but the things over the years that I have learned is that 99% of these people who claim to be insiders are idiots just like you and me. There is one in a Bruins forum, and ESPN had on in a Red Sox messageboard for awhile. Why would someone risk there job just to give us great info? Kinda crazy too me. I hope he is an insider cause I do like to read his stuff and keep posting it, till we findout he is a fraud. Just like the rest of us.

Yeah, it is easy on the Internet to scam people like this. There is enough information out there that someone with a brain and a little research could come up with "inside information" that seems real, but is 100% BS.

I do think it is funny though that people think this guy is the real deal, but we have had two or three threads saying that it is ridiculous to think Meriweather would move to CB. Yet this guy said it is a done deal. The guy seems to have a bit of a Meriweather obsession too.

I seriously doubt he's an insider, but you know what I still love to read his posts. Call me a fool, but atleast it's interesting and gives us possible insight.

Yeah, it is easy on the Internet to scam people like this. There is enough information out there that someone with a brain and a little research could come up with "inside information" that seems real, but is 100% BS.

I think logic dictates that he is a phony. We've had enough around here over the years. Even I could sound somewhat non-moronic if I snipped several thoughtful posters thoughts together.

I'm a journalist, occasionally cover sports. This guy is lying, I think. I love reading his posts, but think about it. The people who actually work at pro sports teams (and I've met a lot of them) think fans like us are pretty much the lowest form of life on the planet. Not only are we completely stupid in their eyes, and total amateurs when it comes to understanding their profession, but they all have had experiences in which talking to outsiders has resulted in something bad happening to them on the job. That's true of players, coaches, executives, all of them. The only (rare) exceptions are guys like Curt Schilling who really never outgrew being sports fans themselves.

Anybody who would do something like this on an ESPN message board would be putting a gun to his head every time he sat down and typed. If BB and Pioli get wind of it, and he makes one slip -- misspells a word the same way he did in an internal memo, say, or repeats an opinion that maybe he's had at work -- and the guy is blacklisted from sports jobs forever. Who in his right mind would do that? The odds are overwhelmingly against it. On the other hand, there's a ton of incentive for some dweeb in his basement to try to pass himself off as an "insider" who hangs around with the Patriots coaching staff by day. It happens every year in every sports team. Last year there was a guy calling himself "Celtic Thug" on Cs boards who kept telling people he knew of an impending sign-and-trade deal for Rashard Lewis. He was lying. It's very common. I think that's what's happening here.

I'm a journalist, occasionally cover sports. This guy is lying, I think. I love reading his posts, but think about it. The people who actually work at pro sports teams (and I've met a lot of them) think fans like us are pretty much the lowest form of life on the planet. Not only are we completely stupid in their eyes, and total amateurs when it comes to understanding their profession, but they all have had experiences in which talking to outsiders has resulted in something bad happening to them on the job. That's true of players, coaches, executives, all of them. The only (rare) exceptions are guys like Curt Schilling who really never outgrew being sports fans themselves.

Anybody who would do something like this on an ESPN message board would be putting a gun to his head every time he sat down and typed. If BB and Pioli get wind of it, and he makes one slip -- misspells a word the same way he did in an internal memo, say, or repeats an opinion that maybe he's had at work -- and the guy is blacklisted from sports jobs forever. Who in his right mind would do that? The odds are overwhelmingly against it. On the other hand, there's a ton of incentive for some dweeb in his basement to try to pass himself off as an "insider" who hangs around with the Patriots coaching staff by day. It happens every year in every sports team. Last year there was a guy calling himself "Celtic Thug" on Cs boards who kept telling people he knew of an impending sign-and-trade deal for Rashard Lewis. He was lying. It's very common. I think that's what's happening here.

Look at the style of his posts. Don't look at the content but how he is writing it. It is constructed in the manner of gossip column. Who would do that?

I don't know about the rest but the following is bull****. I suspect the rest is bull**** too. Someone should ask him who makes the software. I'll bet he doen't have an answer to share.

We have the most sophisticated audio/visual software in the world and it takes a full day+ to map coach signal watching video to game video and then decipher what defense was called by the live coach. This is done by low level video assitants because it has little value.

Whatever happened to Celtics Thug? He had some fun stuff, and it looked like even a few writers actually used his info to write their stories. I remember he had the Rashard Lewis story and the next day it was in the Herald.

Last year was one of few times I remember a targeted player in round one.
???

Seymour wasn't a target?

We didn't target Wilfork two months after Washington left?

We traded up in first round for Graham and Warren. How could the NOT be targets?

That makes five out of the last seven drafts we got a targeted player in Round One. If Watson and Mankins were targeted by BB/SP (they weren't by me :D ), the number is even higher.

Total BS

I seriously doubt he's an insider, but you know what I still love to read his posts. Call me a fool, but atleast it's interesting and gives us possible insight.
Not a fool, just mindless.

It's called ESPN-think. Or BestDamn-think. ATH. 1st&10, etc etc.

It doesn't matter is it is true or not, as long as it is entertaining.

I blame MTV and video games.

Last edited:
I'm doubting this guy is legit...do we have any evidence of him ever being right before? His posts aren't particularly well-written, his last one had improper spelling of names ("Spector"), everything he says are things anyone of us could've made up....

Last edited:
I didn't read anything in that guy's post that makes me think he has any more info than we do. By the way, I am changing my name to AGoodFriendOofBB. You can quote me on this one.

Bill told me at lunch last wednesday that durring the week before super bowl, when he should have been preparing, Tiger woods invited him to go play golf. It was on the 14th hole where he told Bill to wear a red sweatshirt for the game. Don't believe me. Then how would I know that Tiger won by 47 strokes?

I could come up with a bit of a conspiracy theory, and say that the guy, if he's legit, could be posting with Belichick's knowledge as a way of getting the Pats' side of the story out while bypassing a) any gag orders on Goodell's part that we may not know about, and b) the bias of the media. Admittedly, that's pretty far-fetched, and no, I don't think that that's the truth, but I really doubt someone this close to BB would be posting this info against his wishes. Almost certainly, the guy possesses some insight, sure, but is lying about being a team insider.

Not necessarily. If it is, say, Dean Pees or whomever and he has Belichick/Kraft/Pioli's blessing. Possibly running the future post by them, etc. then he can not be on the outs with the team.

By now, post #3, there is no way he could be a wild cat doing this on his own. (Or her own, it may be Tracy Sormanti.:D)

And if it is, say, Joe the intern, would they correct any mis info he has?

Actually, that was one of the parts that makes me feel that this guy ain't real, but for a different reason. Belichick and Pioli had Mike Reiss' ear for an indepth piece about the whole situation and then the Globe interviewed tons of staff for the full page story on Walsh. If this was a story that the Pats really wanted to get out there, they had two big chances with two writers, one was fair and balanced (Reiss) and the other was slightly pro-Patriots. They chose not to bring up this point in either case. They could have easily got this point across without reigniting the story anymore than the pieces already did.

In this there are no follow ups. Not saying Reiss is evil, but some things might be normal for instance
BB:Haven't heard much from Mr Walsh lately have we. Like I said before this is the tactics they are using.
MR: What tactics?

Without two weeks to decide how to proceed is different than this.

I do think it is funny though that people think this guy is the real deal, but we have had two or three threads saying that it is ridiculous to think Meriweather would move to CB. Yet this guy said it is a done deal. The guy seems to have a bit of a Meriweather obsession too.

I don't know if he's real or just very good.

Another poster pointed out how he only has his thread starting posts. 99.999% of people post again in the thread they start to "prove" I am too right. In his first post he had several trolls that it is hard not to reply to, but he(or she:D) ignored them. I've read several posts questioning if he is an insider. Most fakes would need to "prove" they are too knowledgeable. He (or she:D) didn't feel the need, as if the were comfortable with their "insiderness."

That said, I've been fooled before. :D

I also don't care. If it is a little old lady in Montana, but is right, does it matter? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back