PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEINsider posts again on ESPN's message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I am beginning to think this guy is full of crap, but since his posts generate a lot of discussion here is his latest:

Why didn't NE sign some of those linebackers?? Think Monty!!! That will not happen around here again. Some of the smartest football players on this team play linebacker. Enough said!!!

Haven't heard much from Mr Walsh lately have we. Like I said before this is the tactics they are using. Some people around here are beginning to believe Walsh will never come forward. Reason?? The "looming" evidence is more valuable if it is never revealed. NE is totally PO'd by these tactics. We want it over with one way or the other.

Interesting note on the Walsh subject. NE and the NFL may give Walsh amnesty but Bill doesn't have to and I firmly believe Bill took one for football on Spygate but he will not take one for the NFL. Bill was ordered by the NFL to "not say a word" about Spygate while the investigation was ongoing. After it was over there is nothing you can say. How can you defend yourself after you are found guilty.

Too bad we underperformed so brutally in the SB because watching the commish try and work with Bill would have been interesting if we had won. It would have been warmer sitting on the iceberg that sank Titanic for a week long vacation than those two suffering each other.

We have the most sophisticated audio/visual software in the world and it takes a full day+ to map coach signal watching video to game video and then decipher what defense was called by the live coach. This is done by low level video assitants because it has little value.

Not one single person has ever asked us how we processed the video and that includes the NFL. That is pathetic. If one of the media folk would like to get back on the "good" side that might be an interesting story to do but then why look for the truth when scandal is the game.

The draft. Not even Bill and Scott know what will really happen on draft day. We work on projected scenarios based on what we think might happen but until the action starts it is so fluid it becomes an excercise in being patient. Just as a reminder please remember our draft board is based on players that fit our schemes on offense and defense. Everyone would be amazed how different our draft board looks verses the so-called experts. The top pick in a draft might not even be on our board. Why draft someone that cannot play your style of ball??

Last year was one of few times I remember a targeted player in round one. It is just so rare to get a kid like Brandon with the type of flexibility and ability he brings to the table with his speed and physical play. We felt the so-called off-field issues would let him drop to us because after we interviewed him we knew this was a really good kid. Look for big things from Brandon this year. He has a chance to be very special.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2568176&lid=11

One thing I do agree with is that I think Walsh, Levy, and Specter never want Walsh to talk and that the implication that he has the goods on the Pats is probably far more damaging than anything he has. I don't see any upside for the league to stall this thing anymore than it already has. They don't want this whole Spygate thing to linger into next season and even if Walsh has the good, it is better to get it over with now that the NFL is slow and most of the sports attention is on baseball.

Ok, I am beginning to think this guy is full of crap, but since his posts generate a lot of discussion here is his latest:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2568176&lid=11

One thing I do agree with is that I think Walsh, Levy, and Specter never want Walsh to talk and that the implication that he has the goods on the Pats is probably far more damaging than anything he has. I don't see any upside for the league to stall this thing anymore than it already has. They don't want this whole Spygate thing to linger into next season and even if Walsh has the good, it is better to get it over with now that the NFL is slow and most of the sports attention is on baseball.

maybe you dont believe him, but he writes convincingly...

also, i like what he says :D

I agree, and think of it this way... if you do believe the anti-pats movement is using the tactics above (the "looming" evidence theory), then what better way to fight back then to spread the seeds of our own story?

Even if this person has no actual inside knowledge, what he says makes a lot of sense most of the time, and as we've seen, the nationwide perspective isn't based on the "truth" anyway.

The point about how the data is processed is an interesting one. If it's true that nobody in the league 'investigation' thought to even ask that, then it just further shows how much of a joke the whole thing was.

I don't know. Michael Felger went over his first post point by point on his radio show a few weeks back and he disputed some of the media stuff that he knew first hand was wrong or at least not 100% correct. I really don't think you needed to be an insider to provide any information from this last post.

This person could be the real deal. But if it is, it would have to be someone pretty close to Belichick and Pioli. I can't see them not knowing who it is based on the information leaked (or at least have a good idea of a small list of suspects) and allowing it to go on. I don't see the upside for the Pats for leaking this stuff.

I agree, and think of it this way... if you do believe the anti-pats movement is using the tactics above (the "looming" evidence theory), then what better way to fight back then to spread the seeds of our own story?

Even if this person has no actual inside knowledge, what he says makes a lot of sense most of the time, and as we've seen, the nationwide perspective isn't based on the "truth" anyway.

I would agree, but NEInsider is preaching to the choir. It isn't like any of this stuff is getting picked up outside of New England. Other than a few internet sites and Michael Felger's radio show, I haven't heard the media picking up this stuff either. I think if they were fighting fire with fire, they would leak it to people like John Czarnecki at FoxSports (they no doubt leaked to him that the tapes turned over to the league had video evidence of other teams cheating) who could give these things a national forum and add a little weight to the story rather than an anonymous poster on a message board.

I don't know. Michael Felger went over his first post point by point on his radio show a few weeks back and he disputed some of the media stuff that he knew first hand was wrong or at least not 100% correct. I really don't think you needed to be an insider to provide any information from this last post.

This person could be the real deal. But if it is, it would have to be someone pretty close to Belichick and Pioli. I can't see them not knowing who it is based on the information leaked (or at least have a good idea of a small list of suspects) and allowing it to go on. I don't see the upside for the Pats for leaking this stuff.

hes not leaking any info that would give other teams advantages....i would not be surprised to know that BB and Pioli may know about it, and not try to stop it

I would agree, but NEInsider is preaching to the choir. It isn't like any of this stuff is getting picked up outside of New England. Other than a few internet sites and Michael Felger's radio show, I haven't heard the media picking up this stuff either. I think if they were fighting fire with fire, they would leak it to people like John Czarnecki at FoxSports (they no doubt leaked to him that the tapes turned over to the league had video evidence of other teams cheating) who could give these things a national forum and add a little weight to the story rather than an anonymous poster on a message board.

That's probably the point of posting on espn.com. The problem is, there is zero motivation for anyone outside of NE to give the story legs, so on that point you're absolutely right.

I could come up with a bit of a conspiracy theory, and say that the guy, if he's legit, could be posting with Belichick's knowledge as a way of getting the Pats' side of the story out while bypassing a) any gag orders on Goodell's part that we may not know about, and b) the bias of the media. Admittedly, that's pretty far-fetched, and no, I don't think that that's the truth, but I really doubt someone this close to BB would be posting this info against his wishes. Almost certainly, the guy possesses some insight, sure, but is lying about being a team insider.

A lot of what this guy says doesn't really provide much info you can check for credibility, and some of the other info he gives is actually recycled. There's also some commentary thrown in that appears to give team info, even when it may just be an opinion, or assumption.

One contention I believe he previously made was that NE intended to move Meriweather to CB? That's something we can come back to later, and check for accuracy.

As it is, I don't think this person is actually a team "Insider", but maybe a writer who covers the team in some form? Possibly based out of CT...

Also, some of the stuff he says plays to some of the things us Patriots fans would all like to believe, so it makes it easier for his post to pass our scrutiny.

Last edited:
everytime that something he says is copied and pasted to this forum, i enjoy reading it.

Maybe i'm not reading enough threads, but his stuff is always interesting, entertaining, and "new".

Please keep posting this stuff.

I agree, whether this is true or not it's cool. If an actual insider were to post something, I think this is exactly how it would sound. Plus the whole mystery zodiac killer deep-throat aspect it is entertaining to me also.

Last edited:
The point about how the data is processed is an interesting one. If it's true that nobody in the league 'investigation' thought to even ask that, then it just further shows how much of a joke the whole thing was.

Agreed. Most of the media comments about this aspect made the assumption that the tapes could be synched up and the signals cracked during halftime. I haven't read or heard of any pursuit of this angle, that is, asking a coach if it really could be done and the mechanics behind it.

Then again, very few members of the media mention that signals can be changed, which would nullify any advantage from taping them.

I did find this quote kind of odd:

We have the most sophisticated audio/visual software in the world and it takes a full day+ to map coach signal watching video to game video and then decipher what defense was called by the live coach. This is done by low level video assitants because it has little value.

If the team has this cutting edge technology, why were they using tapes instead of digital recorders? (Please note that I have no idea what recording equipment is available to a NFL team, so maybe the camera and tape they were using was the best available. From my perspective, when I hear "tape" in terms of video recording, I'm not thinking "sophisticated.")

I think people use the word "tapes" generically to mean video recordings. Notice he doesn't actually use the word "tape" in that sentence.

Last edited:
I believe this guy is legit. The fact Felger disputes it strengthens my belief.

This gives me more confidence in Meriweather, which is a great feeling. I really hope he is what the poster believes, because it would be a godsend to this team.

As far as Walsh goes, let him keep his silence. Maybe he'll get hit by a bus in the meantime.

I think people use the word "tapes" generically to mean video recordings. Notice he doesn't actually use the word "tape" in that sentence.

No, I think they actually use tapes. That's why there were only so many games because they said they would tape over the old ones. I found this odd as well, because everything is digital these days, it's not like the quality of the picture really mattered. Plus if BB was thinking they were really performing some sort of subterfuge a digital camera would be the way to go because you could erase it all with a few button pushes!

It shouldn't take that long ("Day+") to decipher defensive signals and match them up to game film, if your intention was to get the info as quickly as possible.

Remember, some teams have used backup QB's to figure out defensive signals In-game, and some Ex-players & coaches have said they could figure out defensive signals by the end of the first quarter, or the first half. These players and coaches weren't aided by the use of Camera's, either.

So, if you've already got some experience, I wouldn't expect it to take all that long to break the opposing teams code, and process the video as described. Think about it, you can rewind the game film, and watch the same plays multiple times, while comparing them to the signals you've recorded. Also, if the camera's panning up to record the down and distance between plays (as the Patriots did) then it would be very easy to sync the tapes, and watch them simultaneously. Even with a decent editing unit you'll have two large monitors going, and software capable of playing both videos back in real time, one on each monitor, or both on the same monitor.

Now the "Insider" did say it was a "low priority", which could possibly explain it's taking that long (it wasn't time sensitive material), but I would think that info could be processed a lot quicker, if needed. And, he made it sound like it simply takes that long ("day+"), even with the most expensive equipment.

Last edited:
It shouldn't take that long ("Day+") to decipher defensive signals and match them up to game film, if your intention was to get the info as quickly as possible.

Remember, some teams have used backup QB's to figure out defensive signals In-game, and some Ex-players & coaches have said they could figure out defensive signals by the end of the first quarter, or the first half. These players and coaches weren't aided by the use of Camera's, either.

So, if you've already got some experience, I wouldn't think it would take all that long to break the opposing teams code, and process the video as described. Think about it, you can rewind the tape, and watch the same plays multiple times, while comparing them to the signals you've recorded. Also, if the camera's panning up to record the down and distance between plays (as the Patriots did) then it would be very easy to sync the tapes, and watch them simultaneously. Even with a decent editing unit you'll have two large monitors going, and software capable of playing both videos back in real time, one on each monitor, or both on the same monitor.

Now the "Insider" did say it was a "low priority", which could possibly explain it's taking that long (it wasn't time sensitive material), but I would think that info could be processed a lot quicker, if needed. And, he made it sound like it simply takes that long ("day+"), even with the most expensive equipment.
I read :

"We have the most sophisticated audio/visual software in the world and it takes a full day+ to map coach signal watching video to game video and then decipher what defense was called by the live coach. This is done by low level video assitants because it has little value."

it taking so long "because it has little value".

Not to say I buy into this guy, he writes well (interestingly) and the vast majority of stuff makes sense, either before or after reading, but who the hell knows.

Actually the thing which makes me MOST believe he's legit is he has ZERO posts other than his big info posts, he's not trying to talk people into believing him or boosting his ego by posting sh!t all the time - just one post every few weeks and nothing else.

Interesting stuff. Much better than most thread topics we're seeing these days, at least. It's also fun to picture the writer as MacGyver.

This whole thing about breaking down tape etc has always intrigued me...there are so many that say it'll take only a few minutes..and could have been done at half time..LOL...and I always thought that was a stretch...at best..especially when those saying that had never done that...so it is interesting about what he said in regard to process...because that was always something NOT undesrtood...or really asked about but thrown around like it was nothing by people who thought they knew..but never had any first hand experience with what was being done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back