PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name one suprise cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprise cut? How about the one that Brady just got? Man, that thing looks stupid. :D

surprise cut? How about the one that Brady just got? Man, that thing looks stupid. :D

So tired of the Haircut talk are we football fans or fashionistas? This is a football forum not a Sex in the City forum. Ugh

On an actual FOOTBALL related note, I would say Deion Branch's days are numbered he lost quite a few steps last year. Stallworth is DOA I think and as a surprise to make it I'd say Gonzales who may end up being our post Welker slot guy.

If I could name it, it wouldn't be a surprise.

But, ok I'll play - - - Belichick, Bill.

I don't have any suprise cuts but I have Ocho as a suprise 'make the team'.

On an actual FOOTBALL related note, I would say Deion Branch's days are numbered he lost quite a few steps last year.

With Branch, I think it's a matter of health. He looked fine at the beginning of the season -- through 12 games he averaged 4 receptions per game for a healthy 13.9 ypc as the 4th receiving option. But the more you saw him on the no-practice list with a "knee," the more he started to look like an old man in games.

Stallworth isn't a surprise, frankly I think it would take a miracle for him to make the team.
Cunningham seems to be cut by more fans than kept. I agree it would be surprising if he is cut, but many fans expect it.
Edelman is the opposite. I don't see him making the team. A developmental WR who hasn't developed after 3 years is on shaky ground, but he is an underdog, so fans who root for him tend to think he is better than he is, so fan sentiment almost has him as a lock.

Why would Cunningham being cut be a surprise? He's been a collosal disappointment.

Suprise cut? I really don't think there will be any. Cutting Branch would not be a surprise. Cutting Ocho would not be a surprise (I'm acutally hoping and expecting and Ocho cut). Stallworth is a long-shot to make it and Gonzales has a better chance of seeing God than staying healthy during training camp, nevermind making the team.

Last edited:
Why would Cunningham being cut be a surprise? He's been a collosal disappointment.
How do you figure that? He started all season as a rookie. Last year he didn't play because we changed defenses and had an allpro in his spot.

Collosal disappointment is a collosal overstatement.

Suprise cut? I really don't think there will be any. Cutting Branch would not be a surprise. Cutting Ocho would not be a surprise (I'm acutally hoping and expecting and Ocho cut). Stallworth is a long-shot to make it and Gonzales has a better chance of seeing God than staying healthy during training camp, nevermind making the team.
The concept in itself is weird. Who do yuo think will be cut that you will be surprised that they are cut. Once you name them it wouldn't be a surprise any more.

How do you figure that? He started all season as a rookie. Last year he didn't play because we changed defenses and had an allpro in his spot.

Collosal disappointment is a collosal overstatement.

The concept in itself is weird. Who do yuo think will be cut that you will be surprised that they are cut. Once you name them it wouldn't be a surprise any more.

I agree......

It is much more simple and accurate to say that cunningham sucks as a football player for the pats

So tired of the Haircut talk are we football fans or fashionistas? This is a football forum not a Sex in the City forum. Ugh

OT, but yea the Brady haircut/fashion/TMZ papparzzi thing is getting really annoying.

The media is so eager to jump on him for things like this (like they did with BB) in order to feed the haters and because the public loves seeing celebrity 'downfalls' so much. They're just feeding/creating the [mis]perception that Brady's lost the magic, chokes during big games, has gotten soft, etc..

For me this is part of what makes our recent SB/playoff losses so hard to take. I hope Brady and Belichick are pissed about it as well, and why BB changed his drafting philosphy this year. If we don't win another SB under Belichick, the legacy of 3 SB wins in 4 years will be reduced from a "Dynasty" to a mere footnote in NFL history.

And my surprise cut is Vareen.

at this point, I believe vereen is safe.....if ron brace can last this long, vereen is safe

OT, but yea the Brady haircut/fashion/TMZ papparzzi thing is getting really annoying.

The media is so eager to jump on him for things like this (like they did with BB) in order to feed the haters and because the public loves seeing celebrity 'downfalls' so much. They're just feeding/creating the [mis]perception that Brady's lost the magic, chokes during big games, has gotten soft, etc..

For me this is part of what makes our recent SB/playoff losses so hard to take. I hope Brady and Belichick are pissed about it as well, and why BB changed his drafting philosphy this year. If we don't win another SB under Belichick, the legacy of 3 SB wins in 4 years will be reduced from a "Dynasty" to a mere footnote in NFL history.

And my surprise cut is Vareen.

Of course, the word is the Patriots are high on Vereen and may look to him as the RB1 this season.

Oh well, the haters can always hold out hope he'll bust so they have something fresh to whine about.

Of course, the word is the Patriots are high on Vereen and may look to him as the RB1 this season.

Oh well, the haters can always hold out hope he'll bust so they have something fresh to whine about.

Wow! What "word" would that be--you sister-in-law's dad's brother who works at the Pro Shop? Of course they have high hopes for him if he can stay healthy. After all, they did draft him with their 3rd pick in 2011 and I'm assuming they did that hoping he'd become a stud or at least an important part of a RBBC. :rolleyes: Oh yea, and I'm sure there are a large number of Patriots fans who, at this very moment, are hoping that Vareen will bust. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sometimes it's better just to say nothing at all.

Why's that? Sure he's getting old but he's a good teammate and has a great relationship with Brady on the field. Not saying he can't get cut but why would you hope for it?

Yes, Branch is a great teammate but then again so is Ocho so that is no great achievment in and of itself. Its not Branch's fault that father time has slowed him down. While he knows the playbook and Brady likes him I'm confident that the pats can replace a guy who can't create seperation anymore and virtually disappears for games at a time. He can't even be a deep threat decoy anymore. Branch was great but those days are way behind him- time to move on.

Last edited:
The next cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk