PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name one suprise cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget we played Tracy White at LB in the SB instead of Fletcher.

Good point.

Tarpinian or Koutivides could make the roster over Fletcher, unless he can equal them on STs.

I'll go with Pryor.

Despite the team's obvious high opinion of him, he hasn't wound up producing a lot.

I agree Branch. He'll retire before the last cut down day, similar to Bruschi in 2009.

Nope.....that honor will go to Mr. Faulk

Branch still has something left in the tank,he is not retiring this year and I am pretty confident he will be our 4th receiver

I'll go with Pryor.

Despite the team's obvious high opinion of him, he hasn't wound up producing a lot.

I would rather see Brace get canned than Pryor

Pryor showed a mean streak out there.....Brace not so much

I would rather see Brace get canned than Pryor

Pryor showed a mean streak out there.....Brace not so much

But Brace is substantially more talented and has shown it on the field, so there is more to get out of him if he puts it together, perceived mean streak or not. BTW, not exactly sure how you gauge that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not makin the 53 man team...sergio, tarp, Markell carter, lavarias, barrett, branch, Malcolm Williams, ventrone, ebert, Donald Thomas, Marcus Harrison, Faulk, britt d, Iowa tight end, hartline, Kyle hix, Rivera, silvestro, etc

Last edited:
Fletcher also missed a significant amount of time. Fletcher will get snaps in the sub packages because of his ability to cover. If he can't cover, then he really doesn't offer anything except an extremely high level work ethic..

If that were the case, he probably would have played instead of Tracy White in the SB. That doesn't bode well for him.
Also while he missed time, his playing time also increased because Spikes was out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that were the case, he probably would have played instead of Tracy White in the SB. That doesn't bode well for him.
Also while he missed time, his playing time also increased because Spikes was out.

I think the cast on his hand really limited what he could do. He had more surgery in the offseason, too, and just got the cast off in the past few weeks.

I think the cast on his hand really limited what he could do. He had more surgery in the offseason, too, and just got the cast off in the past few weeks.

I don't think the cast is an excuse for playing time in the SB. He was back fully by then.

Yet another one of Bill's mistakes in that damn game.

My surprise cut: Tavon Feckin Wilson.

Yet another one of Bill's mistakes in that damn game.

My surprise cut: Tavon Feckin Wilson.

Yeah, we know you're not going to be buying a membership in the Tavon fan club anytime soon, but, really?

Former pro bowl kicker signed to a long term deal. But he was injured, and the Pats signed Chris Koepplin in the offseason, who looked good for them last year in training camp.

Do I really expect Ghost to be cut? Of course not. But that's why it would be a "surprise".

Yeah, that would be a surprise.

You do realize that it makes absolutely no sense to cut Welker because the tag is Guaranteed.. In other words, we'd be paying Welker whether he was on the team or not. So it saves nothing.

If Welker signs just the tag, he's hear for the year.. Plain and simple..

Well, they could cut him now before he signs the tag, but then they lose him and get absolutely nothing (not even a comp pick). . . .

But, yes, once he signs the tag, the Pats owe him $9M+ for 2012, and they have no way out of it unless they trade him.

Zoltan Mesko

Prob wont happen but I honestly can't remember anything he's done that's said to me, "Wow, he's a keeper!" (think Rich Camarillo type distance)

The only real unspoken rule to post here at Patsfans, is that you need to watch the games.

Please take some time this season to watch all of the games and don't just fast forward thru plays when TFB is not on the field. Thanks for your immediate attention to this request.

Last edited:
An alternative way to look at this would be who has trade value.

Indy just drafted TE's in round 2/3. Wonder why?

Cut Brace and/or Love and who is going to be big run stopping?

If only Myron Pryor could stay healthy.

I see the league potentially expanding the final rosters by 8-10 players which is why we continue to bring in talent.

I've been wondering if this might be one of the responses to the concussion situation, to make it easier to sit guys for a while because there is a deeper bench.

But, yes, once he signs the tag, the Pats owe him $9M+ for 2012, and they have no way out of it unless they trade him.

Really? I thought they could negotiate a new contract that assigns a new salary for 2012.

Really? I thought they could negotiate a new contract that assigns a new salary for 2012.

That is true (although there's a deadline for signing a multi-year deal that comes before the start of TC), but it still means that they would have to give him a signing bonus which, presumably, would be at least the amount of the franchise tag. . . . so they're still "stuck" paying him the money. ;)

Last edited:
I'll go with Pryor.

I love Pryor. I think he is more versatile than others here have opined. But if we upgrade him out of the line up, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes