PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My reponse to people who think Brady is in decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no earthly idea who "Gasper" is or why I would be interested in what is said on "Felger and Mazz". I haven't listened to Boston Sports talk radio a single time for at least 2 years.

Seems to me Gasper is saying exactly what you've conveyed - that he's "never seen him as this great leader"

Despite Deus always wanting to pick a fight here on Patsfans, Gasper is talking about Brady's style of leadership and appears to be saying that what this team needs is a Bruschi type leader - and that Brady falls short of that in terms of his style

Deus can't seem to see the forest through the trees of his own quote of Gasper's statement

I'm not sure if Gasper is truly right in terms of what this team needs - as Brady always seems to set the bar high for himself and his teammates and I'm not sure WHAT these guys need to improve their game (or if that's even possible given the talent)

But I'd say you're right - Gasper is effectively saying Brady's style of leadership falls short of what this team needs

i agree........i think its hard for QBs in general to be that "ray lewis" type of leader

football is a violent sport full of roided up big dudes that hit each other.......QBs are often seen as separate from the other players in a way

you almost have to have a certain physical presence......like ronnie lott, warren sapp (cant stand him), mike singletary, etc

you always hear players talk about kickers and punters not being real football players

you hear a lot of remarks about how QBs are coddled and that they might as well be wearing skirts

its hard to command that kind of primitive machismo based respect when that is the perception

just my opinion

Please explain Ray Lewis leadership.

c93e5f96-ada5-413c-92d8-c61e0ef7e369.jpg

If this just hit puberty mutt ever caught a forearm shiver he'd be in a coma ward for 6 months. Brady not a leader? He just came up with that THIS week? why didn't he bray this like the jackass he is last year? All of a sudden, Chris "Genius" Gasper is the knower of all things pro football...right...this punk freaking milquetoast shyt stirrer. The next time he's in the Pats locker room the players should grab his stupid azz, dress him up in heels and a short skirt, stick some cherry red lipstick on him and pimp him off for two bucks in the middle of Patriot Place.

i agree........i think its hard for QBs in general to be that "ray lewis" type of leader

football is a violent sport full of roided up big dudes that hit each other.......QBs are often seen as separate from the other players in a way

you almost have to have a certain physical presence......like ronnie lott, warren sapp (cant stand him), mike singletary, etc

you always hear players talk about kickers and punters not being real football players

you hear a lot of remarks about how QBs are coddled and that they might as well be wearing skirts

its hard to command that kind of primitive machismo based respect when that is the perception

just my opinion

Noting your point, I tend to disagree with Gasper if he's faulting Brady.

I agree, I think the QB role SHOULD be the one that Brady has charted. There is room - and a need - for a Bruschi type leader in the locker room. But to say that the QB should take on that personae?

I'm comfortable with Brady's style of leadership. But there is no doubt that Gasper is questioning his style of leadership too.

c93e5f96-ada5-413c-92d8-c61e0ef7e369.jpg

If this just hit puberty mutt ever caught a forearm shiver he'd be in a coma ward for 6 months. Brady not a leader? He just came up with that THIS week? why didn't he bray this like the jackass he is last year? All of a sudden, Chris "Genius" Gasper is the knower of all things pro football...right...this punk freaking milquetoast shyt stirrer. The next time he's in the Pats locker room the players should grab his stupid azz, dress him up in heels and a short skirt, stick some cherry red lipstick on him and pimp him off for two bucks in the middle of Patriot Place.

But... but... but Gasper says.

Please explain Ray Lewis leadership.

If they don't play better, he'll shoot them.

It's quite effective. But I don't think I'd want Brady emulating that either.

Good to see that we're now at the point of James admitting that it was about a type of leadership, and not about "locker room leadership" in general, which is what Gasper was saying, and I was pointing out.

gasper.......that no nothing little namby-pamby

im so sick of people taking any advantage they can to crap all over our HOF QB

do people remember all that he has done for us

In other news, this guy says Brady was never accurate.
random_person_by_Vurtov.jpg

And this guy says Tom should have never even been drafted.

846807581_BiCEL-L-4.jpg

Hey, let's talk about all of it like it's real and matters. It's their opinion.

In other news, this guy says Brady was never accurate.
random_person_by_Vurtov.jpg

And this guy says Tom should have never even been drafted.

846807581_BiCEL-L-4.jpg

Hey, let's talk about all of it like it's real and matters. It's their opinion.

exactly......who cares what "Gasper" says.......whoever that is

i can't believe felger even invites him onto the show......its beneath them.......they get the best ratings around.....

I have no earthly idea who "Gasper" is or why I would be interested in what is said on "Felger and Mazz". I haven't listened to Boston Sports talk radio a single time for at least 2 years.
And I bet you're happier and healthier for not having done so. The entire medium (Boston sports talk radio) is an effing cesspool.

Tom has 3 Superbowl rings. If you put Gasper on a football field in a preseason game he'll wet himself and start crying. You pick bad sources to get Brady hating opinions from.

If I was Brady I would walk right out the door and not look back. BB has done nothing to give him top tier players to work with. He deserves better. We as fans deserve better.
I agree. BB has been a horrible coach. I'm tired of him screwing us fans. We deserve a winning team. No, a winning team is our f****** birthright and BB has deprived all of us of what is our RIGHT!!!

Tom has 3 Superbowl rings. If you put Gasper on a football field in a preseason game he'll wet himself and start crying. You pick bad sources to get Brady hating opinions from.

i'll be the first to admit that its slim pickings in the boston sports world

felger is glorious......but after that its hit or miss

i'll be the first to admit that its slim pickings in the boston sports world

felger is glorious......but after that its hit or miss
"...felger (sic) is glorious..." You need either a new set of ears or kneepads...

If they don't play better, he'll stab them, agree to testify against them in exchange for a suspended sentence, then suddenly develop amnesia.

It's quite effective. But I don't think I'd want Brady emulating that either.

Fixed it for ya.

"...felger (sic) is glorious..." You need either a new set of ears or kneepads...

my hearing is pretty good......and he's not a bad looking guy.......looks like he works out

felgermazz.jpg

my hearing is pretty good......and he's not a bad looking guy.......looks like he works out

felgermazz.jpg
Must be kneepads, then. Question resolved, particularly with the tongue positioning. Lucky you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST