PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My reponse to people who think Brady is in decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey...stop for a second so I can take a pic....

bromance1.jpg

even look a little like paul rudd when i have hair

hey...stop for a second so I can take a pic....

bromance1.jpg

look at jacksons' expression in the pic......you can tell he's having an pleasurable ride.....i think

I worry that his leadership and ability to marshall the offense might be his most serious decline. Have the young players gotten demoralized with his yelling and tuned him out. Note how many of them chuckle and comment on his "intensity". It certainly doesn't look like he makes football fun for his teammates.

Just pure speculation based on nothing more than watching him on TV.

I don't really worry about how it is in the locker room. Much more worried about how it is on the field.

Remembering those games where the Patriots were in hurry-up and ... boom, there'd be a play off before the defense had figured out what was happening ("Mr Brady, can we just get lined up, please.") Or changing the play at the line of scrimmage based on what he sees.

That's not really about whether he gets the kids' blood pressure pumping.

Looked pretty good tonight. 110 passer rating, 290 yards, 2 TDs, no interceptions.

brady looked good behind BBs Mankins-less OL and throwing to Wright.....and with a great rushing attack

and edelmans toughness seemed to have rubbed off on him this week.....thats a good thing

Fun fact – if you roll the second half of Miami and the KC game out of the mix Tom Brady has a 66.4% completion percentage and a 103.4 QB rating.

If he is protected he is still one of the best in the game.

Rumors of Brady's decline have been greatly exaggerated eh?

Looking from the outside in. . .

Let's say some other team with a top QB suddenly decided they wanted TB and were willing to trade their franchise QB, who would I, as the fantasy Patriots GM trade with?

1. Rodgers, GB. Yes.
2. Luck, IND. Yes, because Luck is so young and has such a promising future ahead of him.
3. Brees, NO. Maybe, but Brees is not young anymore either.
4. Manning, DEN. No way.
5. Roethlisberger, PIT. No.
6. Manning, NYG. No.
7. Rivers, SD. No.

A Brady in decline is still a top 5 QB.

jealous?......brady's a grown man.....not a middle school girl......

and with the way the OL played.....and the running game......and Wright and Gronk.....and revis

i suspect he feels pretty good about what BB has given him

BBs teams get better as the year goes on......thats part of his genius

no need to panic over a hiccup in KC

even Gasper ( a brady homer) commented that Tom has never been the most natural leader of a locker room

in the early years it was Willie, Rodney and the rest

Toms a good guy and has done amazing things for this franchise but he doesnt have the personality/"street cred" to "lead" in that sort of ray lewis way

which, in some ways, is a good thing:)

"i have a lot of respect for tom.....but ive never seen him as this great leader.......i always thought he was a great lead by example guy......but i never looked at him as someone who through his words was gonna fire up the team and get everybody behind him......"

oct 3rd.......hour 3......about 9 minutes in

well.....i just have to respectfully disagree

gasper saying that brady is not a verbal/personality leader, but instead a lead by example guy, is in line with what i said.....and the way i used Willie and rodney as examples

its ok to be wrong, deus......happens to the best of us

anyone who wants to listen to what gasper said can get it here

Oct 3rd......hour 3.......9 minutes in

http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/felger-massarotti/

lead by example is damning with faint praise.....especially in the context of the other things gasper said

anyone who wants to listen to what gasper said can get it here

"even Gasper ( a brady homer) commented that Tom has never been the most natural leader of a locker room

in the early years it was Willie, Rodney and the rest

Toms a good guy and has done amazing things for this franchise but he doesnt have the personality/"street cred" to "lead" in that sort of ray lewis way

which, in some ways, is a good thing:)"

my post characterized what he said just fine......can "lead by example" on field.....cant in locker room

and then i allude to personality and ray lewis' vocal style

you're wrong......im sorry......im going to church tomorrow and im gonna pray for you

you are just acting loopy

anyone who wants to can look at my earlier posts in this thread and then listen to gasper here

and then decide if i mis-characterized what he said

the more the merrier

"and he's been put in this position the last couple of years where he is one of those guys who is supposed to lead with what he says and i dont think thats a real strength"

Chris Gasper on Brady

and i admit that some of my posts are tongue in cheek and trollish

and if a mod ever tells me i have gone too far and to stop then i will oblige

but some of my posts are good......and funny

anyway.......i stand by my original assertion.....:)

i actually think it has been a pretty good thread

Gasper makes an interesting point.....and you make some good points as well

i agree........i think its hard for QBs in general to be that "ray lewis" type of leader

football is a violent sport full of roided up big dudes that hit each other.......QBs are often seen as separate from the other players in a way

you almost have to have a certain physical presence......like ronnie lott, warren sapp (cant stand him), mike singletary, etc

you always hear players talk about kickers and punters not being real football players

you hear a lot of remarks about how QBs are coddled and that they might as well be wearing skirts

its hard to command that kind of primitive machismo based respect when that is the perception

just my opinion

brady looked good behind BBs Mankins-less OL and throwing to Wright.....and with a great rushing attack

and edelmans toughness seemed to have rubbed off on him this week.....thats a good thing

jealous?......brady's a grown man.....not a middle school girl......

and with the way the OL played.....and the running game......and Wright and Gronk.....and revis

i suspect he feels pretty good about what BB has given him

BBs teams get better as the year goes on......thats part of his genius

no need to panic over a hiccup in KC

I seriously don't know how you get away with doing this schtick. It's so transparent.

I seriously don't know how you get away with doing this schtick. It's so transparent.

His trolling is weak and boring, and his agenda to plug 98.5 is obnoxious. I put him on ignore.

Problem solved.

His trolling is weak and boring, and his agenda to plug 98.5 is obnoxious. I put him on ignore.

Problem solved.

heavens to betsy......there is a stalker on the prowl

LaidOut had the post that summed the whole thing up.......post #88

and i still characterized gasper correctly......i implore people to read post 88.....and to listen to what gasper said and decide if i misconstrued his words

Stop saying "Gasper."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference