Reaction score
Between trades signing and day 1 picks, we will be adding:

WR
OLB
ILB
CB
OL

by Sunday morning.

BB will have a field day on day 2 finding hidden gems without severe need to fill.

AndyJohnson said:

WR
OLB
ILB
CB
OL

by Sunday morning.

BB will have a field day on day 2 finding hidden gems without severe need to fill.

AJ--the more I look at the prospect lists, the more it seems to me that the depth of talent in this draft is outstanding. Coach has found gems in mediocre drafts, so I can only imagine what we end up with this year--just from the draft. I suspect that the depth is also a reasonable explanation for the dearth in trades/signings this week.

AndyJohnson said:

WR
OLB
ILB
CB
OL

by Sunday morning.

I think you've about covered it.

That pretty much covers everything except maybe RB, but I'm in the camp that thinks Dillon was injured all last season and will be a very productive starter this year. If anything I might suggest replacing OL with RB, as I think there's more value to be found with OL on Day 2 than with RB.

JoeSixPat said:
I think you've about covered it.

That pretty much covers everything except maybe RB, but I'm in the camp that thinks Dillon was injured all last season and will be a very productive starter this year. If anything I might suggest replacing OL with RB, as I think there's more value to be found with OL on Day 2 than with RB.

I too think Dillon was injured last year and while 1600+ yards might not happen i don't think 1100 are out of the question. Throw in another 400 hundred from the other backs and i say RB is not a high priority.

Big_Os_Hometown said:
I too think Dillon was injured last year and while 1600+ yards might not happen i don't think 1100 are out of the question. Throw in another 400 hundred from the other backs and i say RB is not a high priority.

Couldn't agree more. the guy tried to play on a high ankle sprain last year, behind an OL with injuries at LT and C, and with two rookies starting. Obviously we need to groom an heir apparent, but my bet is Corey has a very solid 2006.

Big_Os_Hometown said:

Agreed... you definately grab someone with a value pick in the 3rd - 5th rounds as a potential RB of the future, but you aren't compelled to over-reach or use a 1st round pick unless Beoli REALLY thinks some of the projected first rounders are the real deal

Unless by some weird fluke Maroney OR Lendale fall passed Indy and Pittsburg, then we can swoop up in the top of the 2nd and grab one of em. Barring that i say 3-5 too

patsox23 said:
Couldn't agree more. the guy tried to play on a high ankle sprain last year, behind an OL with injuries at LT and C, and with two rookies starting. Obviously we need to groom an heir apparent, but my bet is Corey has a very solid 2006.

I think he'll have a solid 06, probably 07 too (?)... but what we have here is the nice Beemer with some major work just done on it. We don't know whether it still runs right, or when something else will go. Sorry to say it that way... but were BB/SP evaluating RB highly this draft (outside of Reggie Bush,) I'd say it's a legitimate spot to think about. Otherwise 07 comes around, and maybe we need the guy to produce now - or maybe not. I think we solved the RB situation for say 3-4 years when we picked up Dillon, and he just missed one of them. So even best-case scenario, we need another back in the next couple of years.

But that's why the Pats have their own scouts out there, and have a fair idea of value comparison at various positions, against what they expect in the 07 draft. A couple months ago it was the cool thing to do to predict a RB in round 1, and that talk just about disappeared. Who knows, it might be back again tomorrow.

Or, the Pats might suddenly announce Domanick Davis won't be riding the pine in Houston next year behind their new toy, Reggie Bush...

(I've been excoriated a number of times on this one, don't even bother.)

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
I think he'll have a solid 06, probably 07 too (?)... but what we have here is the nice Beemer with some major work just done on it. We don't know whether it still runs right, or when something else will go. Sorry to say it that way... but were BB/SP evaluating RB highly this draft (outside of Reggie Bush,) I'd say it's a legitimate spot to think about. Otherwise 07 comes around, and maybe we need the guy to produce now - or maybe not. I think we solved the RB situation for say 3-4 years when we picked up Dillon, and he just missed one of them. So even best-case scenario, we need another back in the next couple of years.

But that's why the Pats have their own scouts out there, and have a fair idea of value comparison at various positions, against what they expect in the 07 draft. A couple months ago it was the cool thing to do to predict a RB in round 1, and that talk just about disappeared. Who knows, it might be back again tomorrow.

Or, the Pats might suddenly announce Domanick Davis won't be riding the pine in Houston next year behind their new toy, Reggie Bush...

(I've been excoriated a number of times on this one, don't even bother.)

PFnV

I don't know what excoriated means but i think in football terms 2008 is waaaay down the road concerning this draft

re

Agreed. I would add a blocking TE as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News