PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My dreaded picks for the Conference Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
O.K. Here is my take and predictions for the AFC/NFC Conference Championships....

NEW ORLEANS @ CHICAGO
What has occured to me in the NFC playoffs so far is that the Home team has won every game and don't see it much diffently in this game,It is expected to be a bit cold and of course windy on sunday and not to mention the home field advantage.

Drew Brees has had an outstanding year and Reggie Bush has future All-Pro RB written all over but I think his team is one year away and in this case,one game away from making the Super Bowl,All indications at least from now is that if this team is anything next year like it was this year they will be favorites in the NFC next year,I just think the Cinderella story ends in the windy city.

I think Rex Grossman does not have to be great but just manage the game with some short but precise passes and he will be fine and will silence his doubters as he takes his team to the Super Bowl

Also I think the Bears D,banged up or not will just be too much for Brees and Company and I don't think the Saints D is really all that good as many think.

FINAL SCORE: CHICAGO 24 NEW ORLEANS 14

NEW ENGLAND @ INDIANAPOLIS
Very tough game to predict as we simply don't know what team will show up sunday?

Will it be the slinging and accurate Manning throwing for 300+ yards and looking unstoppable as he has against us in the past 2 regular season games?,Or will he go back to that confused QB that Belichick almost knows how to control in the big games and will he throw picks or make mistakes too often as in the past 2 playoff games between the two?

Will the Colts D go back to looking like the 32nd ranked rushing defense sunday? Will Maroney and Dillon get big enough holes to run for big yardage?

Will Bob Sanders help the front D line and make plays and will Harper play like his mouth has been going off this week?

Will Tom Terrific show us why he may be considered the greatest Playoff QB in history or does he go into a funk again like last week and throw errant throws early?

Will the WRs of the Patriots outplay the Wayne/Harrison duo? or will they have problem seperating themselves from the D-backs?

Will Ellis Hobbs refrain from big PI calls this time and play well as he seems to be the biggest concern on defense? and will Seymour and Co. put enough pressure on Peyton to make him make some mistakes?

I don't know about answering or giving my opinion on any of these questions I post because this year both teams have been erratic while playing like Champions one week and looking like the Lions or Raiders the next.

I am going with Brady who is 10-0 in Domes and The Patriots which are 5-0 in Championship games,Sure they say the stars are in alignment for Peyton this year to win the big one,but you can't see stars when you are inside an enclosed facility like the Colts have :)

FINAL SCORE: NEW ENGLAND 34 INDIANAPOLIS 31

Bottom Line Says...NEW ENGLAND VS. CHICAGO in SUPER BOWL 41 - The revenge rematch 21 years later!!

I would like to see the Saints lose. I'm sick of them..

I am confident for the Pats. I have a feeling that its not going to be all that close. 24-13 Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News