PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My condolances to the other 31 teams in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, the bolts last yr were the second best team...(after teh pats), then the boys/colts, then the pack/jags are there

the giants come after ALL of these teams...

True, if we're talking in terms of talent and overall strength but the Giants proved they are the best by beating the best team in the league. Doesn't that count for something?

We are also defending 16-0 and all NFL broken records. Yes, it's bigger than Giant's SB ring. Take that to the bank.

Bigger in terms of the regular season, but which team had the better playoff run? Let's compare:

Patriots, first seed in the AFC so they sat out the wildcard round. Then they played the Jaguars in the divisional round and beat them. Then they beat an injured Chargers team in the AFC championship game. Then they lost to the Giants in the superbowl.

The Giants played the Redskins in the first round, then the NFC's best team the Cowboys in the 2nd round, followed by the NFC's second best team, the Packers. Then they went on to beat the best team in the AFC.

So, comparing the two I'd say that the Giants definitely went up against tougher opponents(I give them the edge since the Chargers were beaten up) and they won the lombardi, so overall they are the better team.

One of local sportscasters said tonight that whoever wins the Super Bowl this year (if its not the Pats) should have an asterisk after their name (*but Tom Brady didn't play). Love it.

Last time I checked, the Giants were the best team in the league since they are the defending champions.
strahan retired so this thread still is credible

i agree with this thread

if my team beats a non brady lead pats team, it's kinda hollow, still nice but just not the same

i took alot of pride in seein san diego beat brady in NE in 2005 , and after what our two teams have gone through with each other the past few years, we're getting cheated as fans, out of another great matchup

Last edited:
To be the best, you've got to beat the best.
You will never be able to say you beat the best in 2008.

Im sorry, who voted NE the best this year? Before the completion of week 1 no less! ESPN? The Pats took a step back talent-wise from last year. So how do you say you're the best of 2008? Maybe....MAYBE, if you won the SB last year, but you didnt do that either. If the Giants are the Champs, how are you the best? The Giants beat the best last year, which in turn, makes them the best....as you say in your own statement. This might be the most arrogant thread I've ever read.

(and save the SD bashing and lack of ring garbage, it's off point).

How many games have the Bolts won so far this year. I believe the Donkeys may beat them out this year. Your coach will be gone in 2 yrs. Just watch.

They might not have had the best regular season record but they definitely proved they are the best after beating the top two teams in the NFC and then the top team in the AFC. If the Patriots had went on a similar run you'd be crowning them as the best and you know it. 18-1 means nothing if you don't win a superbowl; that's the sad fact.

Errr, no. The Rams were the best team in 2001.

Winning the Super Bowl is the goal, and the greatest fun.

But, you know, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the best.

The Patriots beat the best team in 2001. Everyone knows that, and if you watch how the Rams came back on us, you know that too. But, the fact is, the Patriots have the ring.

Im sorry, who voted NE the best this year? Before the completion of week 1 no less! ESPN? The Pats took a step back talent-wise from last year. So how do you say you're the best of 2008? Maybe....MAYBE, if you won the SB last year, but you didnt do that either. If the Giants are the Champs, how are you the best? The Giants beat the best last year, which in turn, makes them the best....as you say in your own statement. This might be the most arrogant thread I've ever read.

(and save the SD bashing and lack of ring garbage, it's off point).

We actually think the talent went up a lot on this team this year. We have everyone back from last year except Asante Samuel.

Meanwhile we've added Jerod Mayo, Ty Wheatley, Shaun Crable, Whitely, and a bunch of top notch special teamers.

Ask us if we would trade Asante for the newcomers, and you'd hear a resounding YES.

Sounds like you haven't been following the Patriots much.

The team improved itself in terms of personnel.

We are also defending 16-0 and all NFL broken records. Yes, it's bigger than Giant's SB ring. Take that to the bank.

I know you don't believe that. And I'm sure as hell BB and the Pats don't believe that. Ask them and to a man I'm willing to bet they would give up all those NFL records and a 16-0 regular season record for another Lombardi trophy and SB ring.

So I'm sorry, that 16-0 and broken records are not bigger than winning the SB. If you really think that, you're simply delusional.

Bigger in terms of the regular season, but which team had the better playoff run? Let's compare:

Patriots, first seed in the AFC so they sat out the wildcard round. Then they played the Jaguars in the divisional round and beat them. Then they beat an injured Chargers team in the AFC championship game. Then they lost to the Giants in the superbowl.

The Giants played the Redskins in the first round, then the NFC's best team the Cowboys in the 2nd round, followed by the NFC's second best team, the Packers. Then they went on to beat the best team in the AFC.

So, comparing the two I'd say that the Giants definitely went up against tougher opponents(I give them the edge since the Chargers were beaten up) and they won the lombardi, so overall they are the better team.

So the Patriots beat an "injured" Chargers team so that does not count for much? :rolleyes: Did you read the thread title you are posting in? Anything that happens in the NFL this season gets an *

Stay classy, San Diego...oh wait...that's oxymoronic

What the hell is with the sudden barge of bolts fans coming in here?

So the Patriots beat an "injured" Chargers team so that does not count for much? :rolleyes: Did you read the thread title you are posting in? Anything that happens in the NFL this season gets an *

I think you are being sarcastic but in the rare scenario that you are not, someone was able to defeat the patriots each of the previous 3 seasons, while a Brady led Pats team is easily the best team in the NFL imo, it does not diminish anyone's championship season if they did it in a Brady-less year

Last edited:
By what criteria do you rank teams as the best? Do you go by wins, talent, or which team actually gets closest to the superbowl and which team wins it? The way I rank them, the two teams that made it to the superbowl are the best, followed by those who made it to the AFC and NFC championship games and so on. Otherwise, the best team in 2006 would have been the Chargers since they went 14-2.

The Chargers were the best team in 2006. They just let the Patriots get in their head and played stupid and undisciplined at home. I think you guys match up good against the Colts as proven last year.

You just don't match up well against NE. Don't get too excited and brazen because Brady's out. IIRC he threw 3 INT's in both the last 2 playoff wins over SD and didn't exactly light it up. I'm just saying teams win games. Jake Delhomme wasn't the only reason you lost at home this week.

The 2 teams that make the SB are the hottest teams in the league playing their best football at the end of the year in all 3 phases of the game. NE blew everyone out early in the year and got tested at the end. At the end of the regular season teams playing for pride can be the most dangerous. Good luck in Denvah.

My condolances to ther other 31 teams in the league when the patriots prove that it REALLY is all about TEAMWORK and no one player (no matter who) is above the team. Yes we will win the superbowl... BOOK IT!

You need to book yourself into an insane asylum -
Playoffs,maybe
SB? VERY small chance IMO

Sure it is. :rolleyes: I'm sure to a man that the Pats were happy with thier regular season accomplishments and those far outweigh the Super Bowl loss. Keep dreaming.

We actually think the talent went up a lot on this team this year. We have everyone back from last year except Asante Samuel.

Meanwhile we've added Jerod Mayo, Ty Wheatley, Shaun Crable, Whitely, and a bunch of top notch special teamers.

Ask us if we would trade Asante for the newcomers, and you'd hear a resounding YES.

Sounds like you haven't been following the Patriots much.

The team improved itself in terms of personnel.

The personnel issues are debatable. You took a hit with Asante gone and every fan knows it. Mayo, appears to be a good pick and Wheatley and the rest.....not so much. I dont expect you to agree. Regardless, NE was the best team last year IMO. And fans who say the best team always wins, are people who see things only in black and white. The Giants won the SB, but they weren't the best and everyone knows that. The question is, how does a poster claim NE to be the best in 2008 before the end of week 1?!? There's no basis for it. And then try to negate any Championship come next January.....no matter which team it is! Essentially saying, "we lost our QB, so nothing around the league matters from here on out." Boo-hoo! Talk about arrogance and sour grapes.

I think you are being sarcastic but in the rare scenario that you are not, someone was able to defeat the patriots each of the previous 3 seasons, while a Brady led Pats team is easily the best team in the NFL imo, it does not diminish anyone's championship season if they did it in a Brady-less year

I would agree with this.

Injuries are a fact of life.

Although I might make the argument if, say, Brady went out in the first minute of the Super Bowl. Then I would say, fine you won the Super Bowl by beating the Patriots without Brady.

Here's your trophy and your asterisk.

But since Brady is gone in the first game, there's no asterisk. Injuries are a fact of football.

The personnel issues are debatable. You took a hit with Asante gone and every fan knows it. Mayo, appears to be a good pick and Wheatley and the rest.....not so much. I dont expect you to agree. Regardless, NE was the best team last year IMO. And fans who say the best team always wins, are people who see things only in black and white. The Giants won the SB, but they weren't the best and everyone knows that. The question is, how does a poster claim NE to be the best in 2008 before the end of week 1?!? There's no basis for it. And then try to negate any Championship come next January.....no matter which team it is! Essentially saying, "we lost our QB, so nothing around the league matters from here on out." Boo-hoo! Talk about arrogance and sour grapes.

I'm done with you and your idiocy. Wheatley and the rest not so much? You know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News