PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My condolances to the other 31 teams in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure how you can say this when the guy San Diego has can single handily take over the game and is probably the best back in the league

I can say it because New England's RB corps is better overall than the Chargers RB corps. It's pretty easy, really. New England has 2 starter quality RB's, one top flight #2 rb and one of the very best 3rd down backs in the NFL. Captain Classy is the best RB of the bunch, but after that, every rb slot goes to the Patriots.

Last edited:
New England is superior on the DL, has a better overall RB corps, and a vastly superior OL just to point out the obvious areas you missed.

Your defensive line is not better. If you really want to argue that your 5 average RBs are better than the best in the league...go ahead. If you have a "vastly superior" OL and a better RB corps than the best RB in football, why didnt NE have the rushing record by a landslide? You wouldnt even need TB. I think the OLs are a push to be honest. Although we have two main pieces currently injured. By the way, what's a "top flight" RB??

Last edited:
I can say it because New England's RB corps is better overall than the Chargers RB corps. It's pretty easy, really. New England has 2 starter quality RB's, one top flight #2 rb and one of the very best 3rd down backs in the NFL. Captain Classy is the best RB of the bunch, but after that, every rb slot goes to the Patriots.

so you would take 3 average to above average guys over LT? LT is a 25 carry back who is versatile enough to catch out of the back field as well. Whats your basically saying is you would not trade your 3 backs for anyone in the league for just one game. Maybe its just me but give me the superstar who has the bigger impact on the game

Last edited:
Oh by the way, saying your RB corps is better than ours is the eqivalent of saying our QB corps is better than yours. As though Rivers/Volek/Whitehurst outshine Brady/Cassell/O'Connell in some way. Ridiculous. Only one RB can run a play at a time. If you want to start arguing depth of positions, we'll be here all night. SD has the better RB....period.

Your defensive line is not better. If you really want to argue that your 5 average RBs are better than the best in the league...go ahead. If you have a "vastly superior" OL and a better RB corps than the best RB in football, why didnt NE have the rushing record by a landslide? You wouldnt even need TB. I think the OLs are a push to be honest. Although we have two main pieces currently injured. By the way, what's a "top flight" RB??

Look, I know that you're a homer, but this is ridiculous. New England is better at every position on the DL, although one could at least argue a push at the NT spot. Your assertion that the 5 rbs in New England are 'average' is absurd just given Faulk alone, as you must surely know, and the OL isn't even a contest.

Oh by the way, saying your RB corps is better than ours is the eqivalent of saying our QB corps is better than yours. As though Rivers/Volek/Whitehurst outshine Brady/Cassell/O'Connell in some way. Ridiculous. Only one RB can run a play at a time. If you want to start arguing depth of positions, we'll be here all night. SD has the better RB....period.

No, the assertion is not the same. The modern NFL uses something called substitution at the RB positions. This is not the case at quarterback. Seriously, do you even pretend to have a point, or do you just love to throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks?

Look, I know that you're a homer, but this is ridiculous. New England is better at every position on the DL, although one could at least argue a push at the NT spot. Your assertion that the 5 rbs in New England are 'average' is absurd just given Faulk alone, as you must surely know, and the OL isn't even a contest.

between LT, LG, and C the two teams are virtually neck a neck with great players. At RG and RT they both have ?'s. How is one way better then the other?

For the RB's Faulk = solid RB great situational player, Maroney = up and down good back, Morris = good situational back, Jordan = terribel last couple years. LT is the best back in the league, him alone gives offensive coordinator fits b/c of his versatility and balanced running style. Would you take your five backs over Adrian Peterson or Marion Barber? They also have Darren Sproles behind LT who is a solid rotational guy so its not like its LT then no one.

Last edited:
By what criteria do you rank teams as the best? Do you go by wins, talent, or which team actually gets closest to the superbowl and which team wins it? The way I rank them, the two teams that made it to the superbowl are the best, followed by those who made it to the AFC and NFC championship games and so on. Otherwise, the best team in 2006 would have been the Chargers since they went 14-2.

i suppose you would think that the 94 chargers were better than the cowboys that year because they made it to the SB. the 2006 chargers were the best team on paper, they just lost because they played dumb football that day. they gave the pats many more chances than they should have and lost because of it

No, the assertion is not the same. The modern NFL uses something called substitution at the RB positions. This is not the case at quarterback. Seriously, do you even pretend to have a point, or do you just love to throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks?

And what's your point? We rarely need substitutions at RB. I mean are you that much of a homer, that you want to take away the fact we have the best RB in football? Do you really want to get that desperate in your arguement? Saying you have something better than the best? Well guess what, now Brady is out and now you DO have to substitute your QB. And I'll take Rivers or Volek over Cassell anyday. I guess we really do have the better QB corps afterall. :D By the way, virtually any player can be substituted for (TE, WR, line, secondary). You're getting into an arguement of depth.

between LT, LG, and C the two teams are virtually neck a neck with great players. At RG and RT they both have ?'s. How is one way better then the other?

Because the players on New England's line are better than the players on San Diego's line.

For the RB's Faulk = solid RB great situational player, Maroney = up and down good back, Morris = dependable back, Jordan = done. LT is the best back in the league, him alone gives offensive coordinator fits b/c of his versatility and balanced running style. Would you take your five backs over Adrian Peterson or Marion Barber? They also have Darren Sproles behind LT who is a solid rotational guy so its not like its LT then no one.

LT is the best of the running backs, although you undervalue the Patriots RBs. However, LT doesn't play every snap. The Patriots RB corps is superior to the Chargers RB corps.

And what's your point? We rarely need substitutions at RB. I mean are you that much of a homer, that you want to take away the fact we have the best RB in football? Do you really want to get that desperate in your arguement? Saying you have something better than the best? Well guess what, now Brady is out and now you DO have to substitute your QB. And I'll take Rivers or Volek over Cassell anyday. I guess we really do have the better QB corps afterall. :D By the way, virtually any player can be substituted for (TE, WR, line, secondary). You're getting into an arguement of depth.

How in the world did you snatch defeat from the hands of victory against the Cats last weekend?

Really-you can't let Norv off the hook for this. He's done this many, many times in Washington.

Nothing like changing your argument when you're losing, huh? You set up the parameters, not me. It's not my fault that you can't make honest evaluations of teams.

Because the players on New England's line are better than the players on San Diego's line.

LT is the best of the running backs, although you undervalue the Patriots RBs. However, LT doesn't play every snap. The Patriots RB corps is superior to the Chargers RB corps.

Understood the Pats have a better o-line but you stated it wasn't a contest. The Chargers have 3 pro bowl caliber players on their o-line and IMO they are better at LT and C. Give the Pats an edge but not going away.

Your RB corps are better then the Chargers corps but I still think anyone who is unbias still takes the Chargers RB's over yours. LT plays 80 % of the snaps. Do you honestly feel the other 20 % are that detrimental to the team that you need 2 better back ups as oppose to the huge edge LT has when he is in the game? Darren Sproles is not chopped liver either.

Last edited:

Oh, that's just too funny! They're better because I said so!! Very supportive arguement. :rolleyes:

Yes, you guys have a good group of reliable RBs. But then, you havent' witnessed Sproles, Hester, or Tolbert. The way I see it, you have 5 guys that are carbon copies of each other for the most part. We have 4 very different runners with very different styles. It makes for a very good mix. LT is still more valuable than all 5 of yours....period.

How in the world did you snatch defeat from the hands of victory against the Cats last weekend?

Kasay 4/4 with a big 49 yarder (I think).

Gates fumbles in the first time in 339 touches and it actually gets returned for a TD :eek:

Cats actually have time on the clock despite Fox doing his best Herm Edwards' impersonation.

Chargers finally woke up in the 4th quarter but Delhomme pulled one out of his ass. First offensive TD is the last. Figures. It's not the first time teams have been stunned into silence by the Panthers with 0 seconds left on the clock lol and won't be the last.

Nothing like changing your argument when you're losing, huh? You set up the parameters, not me. It's not my fault that you can't make honest evaluations of teams.

Honest evaluations?? You think Faulk, Maroney and Co. are better than the best RB in the league. It's laughable really. Do I question Brady or Moss' position in that respect? No, it's accepted because I can make honest evaluations of teams. Now, you should try it.

Honest evaluations?? You think Faulk, Maroney and Co. are better than the best RB in the league. It's laughable really. Do I question Brady or Moss' position in that respect? No, it's accepted because I can make honest evaluations of teams. Now, you should try it.

Given that I said LT was the best of the RBs and you quoted that in an earlier post you made (post #74), you clearly are just making things up. What's laughable is your attempt to change the argument because you were wrong, rather than just admitting that you didn't think your points through all the way.

Edit: some other things you chose to ignore, just regarding the RB situation:

1.) Backs other than LdT had about 25% of the carries for the Chargers last season
2.) Turner is gone
3.) Neal is gone

Last edited:
Maybe but I know for many of my friends who are Eagles fans, a SB trophy without Brady active would not be diminished to any one. I think I can safely assume for every other fanbase that this sentiment is a common theme

until the * pops up

Exactly, but since it happened to NE and his majesty Tom Brady, nothing else in the universe matters.

uh oh...somebody is possessed by the green eyed monster....

time to take a break from the Patriots fan board, S.D. girl....why not go to the beach...slurp down some avocado toffutti...catch some rays on Mission beach...make sure you dodge the hordes of illegals kicking sand in your face....maybe later on you and Pao can jerk up a good recipe for Kung Pao chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back