PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Must Win Game on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say yes because it's the fins on the road. However, while our defense does in fact suck, I am not that concerned. I would MUCH rather have our growing pains at the beginning of the season and have it all come together towards the end for the post season run.

But he was wrong when he said we haven't won one since 2007.

Yeah he was wrong. But they have won one on the road with Brady since 2007. Pats with Brady since 2007 have not played well on the road, that is a fact.

Yeah he was wrong. But they have won one on the road with Brady since 2007. Pats with Brady since 2007 have not played well on the road, that is a fact.

Yeah, it must be Brady's fault. :rolleyes:

Of course its also wrong, so maybe that makes it even more devastating.

That's what I get for taking other people's data...and for forgetting that we did play the Bills on the road last year...and I guess technically the TB win in London was a road win...@%$#@$...but why don't I not feel any better?

Last edited:

So you mean last year. They won every game in 07 and he didnt play in 08, so just last year. Your making it sound like he's sucked on the road for three years.

I hate to state the obvious but last year was last year. The Pats have a chance to change that this season and I believe they will.

So you mean last year. They won every game in 07 and he didnt play in 08, so just last year. Your making it sound like he's sucked on the road for three years.

EXACTLY.

It was a COSMICALLY stupid ATTEMPT at a point. :rolleyes:

Is it me or do you guys feel that this is a must win game on Monday?

If they lose this game then the Jets and Dolphins will Both be 3-1 and the Patriots will be 2-2 essentially 2 games behind each of them. I know its early to call this, but I feel that if they win this game they go to the playoffs. If they don't then they miss the playoffs. Simple as that. Anyone else feel this way?
I was looking for the joke in this, but it seems you are you seriously saying that if the Dolphins win this game they go to the playoffs and the Patriots don't? And that if the Dolphins lose this game, then they will miss the playoffs?

So the Dolphins win, and in the remaining 12 games there is no way we can catch up to their 1-game lead?

All division games are important. But until it is a case of you must win this game or be eliminated, then it is not a must win game. Think about it.

What we have he is an it-would-be-nice-to-win game.

I would say yes because it's the fins on the road. However, while our defense does in fact suck, I am not that concerned. I would MUCH rather have our growing pains at the beginning of the season and have it all come together towards the end for the post season run.

division games are always a MUST.

It's also not getting easier, as the Colts, Steelers, Bears, Packers are on the schedule...

Last edited:
division games are always a MUST.

It's also not getting easier, as the Colts, Steelers, and Saints are on the schedule...

I don't know who you are a fan of but the NE Pats do not play the Saints unless it is in Dallas

The Patriots haven't won a road game with Brady since 07.
It's even worse than that. The Patriots did not win a single game, home or way, with Brady for 41 consecutive years. That's like almost 600 games in a row without winning a single game with Brady.

Seriously, saying we didn't win any away games with Brady during the year Brady didn't play is just too lame for words.

The Pats were 10-6 last year. How does one accomplish that by only winning home games?

The facts?

The Pats were 2-6 on the road in 2009.

And they were 6-2 on the road in 2008.

8-0 on the road in 2007.

So their road record since 2007 is 16-8.

Not to shabby in my book.

also, people keep trotting out that we have a tough schedule, but MIA and NYJ are playing the same teams we are (PIT, BAL, MIN, GB, CHI). It will not take 11-5 this year to win the division.

Our chief gameplan going into this game needs to be to stop the run. Stuff the run and force them to go to the air. If they get those two backs going, then I don't see any way we win this game. They'll chew up the clock and keep our high powered offense off of the field. Force them to pass and it becomes a shoot-out. One in which the team with the most firepower, us, wins.

problem is the schedule after monday
Balt
@SD
min
@cle
@pitt
ind

yikes !

We need to beat Miami to stay in contention in the division. Otherwise, we will be praying for either or both NYJ and MIA choke as the season wears on.
I am excited to see if Brady can hang some points on BAL and PIT.
I am excited to see if our D avoids embarrassment in SD and vs. IND.
I also can't wait to see how we scheme to confuse Lord Favre into throwing some errant passes.

Nope. A number of 2-2 or worse teams have gone on to win the SB. Us having 2 of those teams.

One thing this game is is an excellent test to see whether our 2nd half offensive woes on the road are still a problem or if the Jets game was just a very poor game by Brady.

I expect the defense to struggle mightily regardless. Anything below 24 points would be a pleasant surprise.

Off the Grid, you think it was a stupid point? I consider this amusing considering the sheer quantities of stupid that comes from you.

Albeit I forgot about the Bills game when I made that post, my claim remains the same. We have failed to close the game against Denver, NYJ, Miami, Houston, Indianapolis, and we weren't even competitive in NO. It isn't a knock on Brady, as many people are interpreting it. But the fact is this team hasn't been as good as it is capable of in the last year on the road.

Last edited:
Is it me or do you guys feel that this is a must win game on Monday?
No, but I do feel the phrase "must win game" is the single most overused cliche in all of sports.
If they lose this game then the Jets and Dolphins will Both be 3-1 and the Patriots will be 2-2 essentially 2 games behind each of them. I know its early to call this, but I feel that if they win this game they go to the playoffs. If they don't then they miss the playoffs. Simple as that. Anyone else feel this way?
But they're not 2 games behind each of them; they're 1 game behind each of them (assuming NY beats Buffalo, which I wouldn't take for granted). I know you're saying 2 because of the tie breaker but since they still get to play another game against each Miami and NY (both at home), you can't just give the tiebreaker to Miami and NY so soon.

So uh, 1 game down with 12 to play..? I gotta say I think that is something which can be overcome.

Last edited:
Its funny, I cant remember the exact season but i remember a few years back when the Pats were a major powerhouse(possibly even prior to 07) some pundits picking games saying the Pats were better on the road.

Yes its a must win considering this team's schedule.

With the brutal schedule coming up, I think you guys must win this game to stay competitive. I think the Pats will win this game though, so no worries here.

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems as if the whole "Pats have a tough schedule" angle is being overplayed just a little bit. The Jets and Dolphins have the same schedule with the exception of two games. Granted in those two remaining games the Pats are playing two 2009 first place teams, as opposed to two 2nd and 3rd place teams, but 88% of the schedule is the same as their division opponents.

Another thing to remember is that nearly every year we see teams with "easy" schedules have trouble (e.g., Steelers in 2009) or teams with "tough" schedules succeed (e.g., Steelers in 2008), as well as schedules that appeared to be tough turn out to be not that difficult and visa versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft