PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Must Win Game on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a must watch game? If it's a must watch then it's a must win game.

Is it me or do you guys feel that this is a must win game on Monday?

If they lose this game then the Jets and Dolphins will Both be 3-1 and the Patriots will be 2-2 essentially 2 games behind each of them. I know its early to call this, but I feel that if they win this game they go to the playoffs. If they don't then they miss the playoffs. Simple as that. Anyone else feel this way?

Yes, must win. I would hate to see this defense if they start to lose confidence.

problem is the schedule after monday
Balt
@SD
min
@cle
@pitt
ind

yikes !

I honestly don't think that is THAT bad. We get Balt, Min and IND at home. All very Winnable games. Pats Don't lose at home (Except in playoffs where they get killed lol) Anyways SD looks like A**. Cleveland is Cleveland. and Pittsburgh will be a tough one. I think they could easily win shootouts in those games and come out 5-1 or 4-2 in the those games. In that case.....

If we beat Miami.

Were looking at 8-2 or 7-3

If we don't.

Were looking at 7-3 and 6-4. If the pats are 6-4 after that stretch i think its not bad, but very difficult to win the division with the Jets bears packers bills lions and dolphins left. Split those=9-7 and no playoffs. Winning this game will make it 10 times easier to make the playoffs.

I just think if we "Steal" this game from the Dolphins on Monday then we will go 2-0 against the Dolphins, because not a chance they will beat New England January 2nd at Gillette, probably Flex Game changed to a night game.

Long Story Short...HUGE game and I hope the Defense knows it

Last edited:
Also, Looking at the Home Schedule for the rest of the year....

Ravens
Vikings
Colts
Jets
Packers
Dolphins

Can't see the patriots going 3-3 at home vs those teams. Can you? 4-2 or 5-1 is much more reasonable, which again is in their favor

Favre thankfully is a joke this year so the Vikings game looks a little better. SD is in turmoil for some reason and the Ravens were never really that great. All very winnable games.

Then we get Indy and GB, which are two extremely tough games, BUT we get them at home.

I think we have a chance to do fine. However, I feel we must win this game to gain momentum going into the bye.

Week 4, .500 with a loss, home games remaining against the 2 division teams you lost to. No, it's not a must win.

But they're going to win anyway, because no one thinks they can.

problem is the schedule after monday
Balt
@SD
min
@cle
@pitt
ind

yikes !

Let's stay positive and look at it this way: With that schedule, and this team's defense, Ian's bandwidth bills could plummet by December. ;)

Last edited:
No, that's precisely one game behind them.

Not if you have a loss to both of them. Thats two games. If the pats have the same record they are still 1 game behind them

We will win. If Sanchez can get 3 TDs against their secondary, just imagine what Tom will do. :D

With the brutal schedule coming up, I think you guys must win this game to stay competitive. I think the Pats will win this game though, so no worries here.

Not a must win, but would be a HUGE morale booster and would exorcise a few demons. In fact, I guarantee that if we win this game, we go on a winning streak.

It's a must win,psychlogically that is

The Pats haven't won a meaningful road game since Eisenhauer was president

They must beat a decent team away from Gilette to get the monkey off their backs,Brady has simply become average on the road against good teams the past year or so and the team has not been able to keep a lead or play 4 quarters in a long time

Does losing this game mean the team is eliminated from postseason play?.....absolutely NOT

Does losing this game keep this team from getting over the hump of being 'road worriers?'(yes spelled that way for effect)
And potentially affect them mentally in future road endeavors? You betcha!

Last edited:
We will win. If Sanchez can get 3 TDs against their secondary, just imagine what Tom will do. :D

no two games are same. brady put up 14 points on the jets and henne 23/24 and carved them up. doesnt mean henne > brady.

Is it a must watch game? If it's a must watch then it's a must win game.

If there's a game thread then it's an absolute must win and win big game.

Terrific sig PFPA! Well done.

I honestly don't think that is THAT bad. We get Balt, Min and IND at home. All very Winnable games. Pats Don't lose at home (Except in playoffs where they get killed lol) Anyways SD looks like A**. Cleveland is Cleveland. and Pittsburgh will be a tough one. I think they could easily win shootouts in those games and come out 5-1 or 4-2 in the those games. In that case.....

If we beat Miami.

Were looking at 8-2 or 7-3

If we don't.

Were looking at 7-3 and 6-4. If the pats are 6-4 after that stretch i think its not bad, but very difficult to win the division with the Jets bears packers bills lions and dolphins left. Split those=9-7 and no playoffs. Winning this game will make it 10 times easier to make the playoffs.

I just think if we "Steal" this game from the Dolphins on Monday then we will go 2-0 against the Dolphins, because not a chance they will beat New England January 2nd at Gillette, probably Flex Game changed to a night game.

Long Story Short...HUGE game and I hope the Defense knows it

well..its one way to look at. but i dont consider home field a huge adv after balt ***** us last yr. And with our defense they might as well do it again.
SD is unfortunately going to be desperate as usual just like in 2008 .
indy is more than capable of beating us @home. vikes and cleveland we should beat.
pitsburgh, brady traditionally has had sucess but defense again the ?

goes to show that having a better D gives a team more chance to win than an explosive offense...

The Politically Correct answer is some version of either "Every game is a Must Win Game" or "No game this early in the season can be considered a Must Win Game."

I'm going to be politically incorrect and say that I think it will be very tough to win the Division without winning this game. A loss and a presumed Jets win against Buffalo would leave the Pats with two division losses behind two 3--1 teams, one of which has no division losses and another which has one loss. The Pats have a tougher schedule than either the Jets or Dolphins. So, even though "it's a long season," this is about as close to a Must Win as you can have in week 4.

well..its one way to look at. but i dont consider home field a huge adv after balt ***** us last yr. And with our defense they might as well do it again.
SD is unfortunately going to be desperate as usual just like in 2008 .
indy is more than capable of beating us @home. vikes and cleveland we should beat.
pitsburgh, brady traditionally has had sucess but defense again the ?

goes to show that having a better D gives a team more chance to win than an explosive offense...

Brady had 2 real targets to throw to against Baltimore. Now he has at least 6.

no two games are same. brady put up 14 points on the jets and henne 23/24 and carved them up. doesnt mean henne > brady.

Brady could have too if he would have played it the way he did against Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes