PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mr. Kraft has a great observation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopats!!!

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
In Albert Breer's Point After he quotes Mr. Kraft saying,

With some players, they talk, and say they want to win but really money is the most important thing.

He was talking about why he feels good about Randy, but he might as well have been talking about as, DB, Ty Law, and all the other people like them out in the league.

I like having an awesome owner! :rocker:

In Albert Breer's Point After he quotes Mr. Kraft saying,

"With some players, they talk, and say they want to win but really money is the most important thing."

He was talking about why he feels good about Randy, but he might as well have been talking about as, db, Ty Law, and all the other people like them out in the league.

I like having an awesome owner!:rocker:

can't blame players from wanting money. It is their career and livelihood, and the time where they earn the bulk of their lifetime income.

With some players, they talk, and say they want to win but really money is the most important thing.

Take a hint: Pete Kendall :mad:

go Pete. Hit'm where it hurts...in the wallet.

LOL, mangini's absolutely torturing him at camp, at least he was before Pete faked a boo-boo.

Hope to God we cut his ass and he cant find anywhere to go.

His future job = "You want fries with that?"

Could be Kraft's target was a little closer to home than that------

I know, I just wish that moron would listen to this advise.

Last edited:
Really, Kraft can't say that snce he's made so much money off this team. He's won too, but you'll never know which was more important to him. In some ways, he's like Ty Law. We haven't won a Super Bowl without Law, nor without Kraft. Both won Super Bowls AND made money.

Somehow I don't think that will be the case.

What would be the point of all this if you just cut him.

can't blame players from wanting money. It is their career and livelihood, and the time where they earn the bulk of their lifetime income.
You missed the key words. Money is the most important thing.

No one blames players for wanting money. It is the "money is the only thing that matters and I will not leave any money on the table" that Kraft was referring to.

I love David Givens, and I'm glad he got his payday, and that he is about the only NFL player honest enough to admit publicly that it's all about the money, but he could have made $20 mil with the Pats. Instead he went with the Titans for $25 mil.

My thought is, if you have $20 mil, what good is all that money if you can't do what you want? If you want to play for the Titans, fine. Go for it. But if you are leaving a place you like, and you like winning and playing in the post season, why give that up for a pay raise? Even $5 mil. How much happier can $25 mil make you than $20 mil? What can you reasonably do with $25 mil that you can't with $20 mil?

That's the point for me. Once I reach a place where I am set for life, and all my family members are taken care of, by God I am going to do what I want, and it ain't making more money for the sake of making more money.

I know this is a minority opinion, but I just don't get the "whoever dies with the most money wins" concept.

Really, Kraft can't say that snce he's made so much money off this team. He's won too, but you'll never know which was more important to him. In some ways, he's like Ty Law. We haven't won a Super Bowl without Law, nor without Kraft. Both won Super Bowls AND made money.
Uh... I know Law was a part of the 04-05 team, but that Super Bowl was won without him...

LOL, mangini's absolutely torturing him at camp, at least he was before Pete faked a boo-boo.

How is Mangini torturing him? By trying to embarass him by rooming him with rookies? And then being forced on tv to say it was a mistake and move him back with the vets. Or by allowing him to loaf 1/2 speed through workouts? Yeah that is torture.

This situation is not doing mangini any favors in the clubhouse. The players empathize with Kendall. After playing a sub par season in which he was dinged up, the jets threatened to cut him unless he brought his cap # down. For which IMO Mangini and Tannebaum was totally in their rights.

Now after a season in which his performance rebounded he wants to reopen the deal. The players feel what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Every player in that lockeroom is subject to the same treatment. IMO they are behind Kendall's efforts as it is in thier own best interest.

Take a hint: Pete Kendall :mad:

Mangini will be the water boy again for the Pats in 2 years.

He's a donut eating slimeball for tampering in the deion branch talks.

Last edited:

Again, what the hell does this have to do with the Patriots and Kraft?

Stop trying to bring up the Jets wherever you think a Patriots story marginally applies to the Jets.

It's getting annoying. It needs to stop.

This is the attitude that show how screwed up the value system of some people has become - and underscores Kraft's point. The fact of the matter is that these people are being payed 10-350x a year more than the average American - just to play a game. In these contract "disputes", does it really matter whether he is paid 250x or 300x a year ? Only if money is the object.

Another point that is completely missed is that with a salary cap, money demanded by one player comes out of the pocket of the others. So a player that is being paid the average of the top five of his position who complains that his is not being paid enough has to be the very definition of a selfish a-hole.

Oh, and what do these players do with the money they are payed "to feed their families ?". We see the cars, the bling, the cribs and the dogfighting businesses. Save your sympathy for those that work their entire lives with less to show for it than what is handed some of these spoiled children.

God forbid that an athlete would be expected to go out and get a job and work for a living after their playing days are over.

R

No one blames players for wanting money. It is the "money is the only thing that matters and I will not leave any money on the table" that Kraft was referring to.

I love David Givens, and I'm glad he got his payday, and that he is about the only NFL player honest enough to admit publicly that it's all about the money, but he could have made $20 mil with the Pats. Instead he went with the Titans for $25 mil.

My thought is, if you have $20 mil, what good is all that money if you can't do what you want? If you want to play for the Titans, fine. Go for it. But if you are leaving a place you like, and you like winning and playing in the post season, why give that up for a pay raise? Even $5 mil. How much happier can $25 mil make you than $20 mil? What can you reasonably do with $25 mil that you can't with $20 mil?

That's the point for me. Once I reach a place where I am set for life, and all my family members are taken care of, by God I am going to do what I want, and it ain't making more money for the sake of making more money.

I know this is a minority opinion, but I just don't get the "whoever dies with the most money wins" concept.

:yeahthat:

I absolutely agree.

The Patriots' problem is that when a player is close to free agency it becomes plain that they are being offered below the best offer that they could get in the market and at that point the extra money gets interpreted as a sign of "respect" (agents have a vested interest in putting that interpretation across). It takes a strong will to resist.

So bye-bye Dan, David ... Asante?

Put me in the camp that once I have enough money for family security, I have enough. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire well before age 65 and I am enjoying the healthy under 65 years with the family. I loved working in high tech but making even more $ for a few more years just wasn't worth it. As Givens, I'd have taken the $5M less assuming I loved playing and living in New England. But some folks just gota have that 3rd vacation home, the bigest boat, whatever. More power to them as many of those driven entrepreneurs stoke the economic engine that creates jobs and wealth for all. I did it for years but in the end I walked away. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes