PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most important Signing Moss vs. Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Pats got Moss on Sunday morning, their team was already very good as it was. The Moss aquisition was gravy.

Had the Pats gotten Moss in March, and Thomas on Sunday, everyone here would have been worrying a lot more about the leaky linebacking corps before the aqusition. Thomas is way way more important, and he's totally overshadowed by Moss and I can't wait to see him.

1. Thomas
2. Welker
3. Moss

Thomas and Welker are here for the long term, the rest of those players could all be gone next year.

One year of Moss could bring us another trophy if all goes well, but i thought we were gonna win before we got him.

Thomas, we were already going to win a Super Bowl without Moss

Why can't we just say "NE has a good chance of winning the SB" or "They seem to have the team needed to win a SB" I don't like the jynx facter than comes with people saying "NE IS GOING TO WIN THE SB!" as if it is certain. I got annoyed when people were saying NE had the game won at half time during last year's AFCCG, and sure enough the Colts came back, so don't get ahead of yourselfs.

Thomas.

Defense wins, and as we saw in the AFCC Game, loses Championships.

Who is the most important signing from 1 to 8 guys signed this year, although it is way to early to see how it all pans out - Still an idea of a consensus of who was most important or will make a difference in games this year.

Here is my list:
1) Adalius Thomas - Best signing by far
2) Randy Moss
3) Dante Stallworth - I had him ranked #2 before the Moss trade, that's why
4) Kyle Brady - Graham was more important than people realize
5) Tory James - Insurance against Asante
6) Wes Welker - Slot receiver and returner
7) Sammy Morris - I just don't see this guy adding much, maybe I'm wrong
8) Kelley Washington - I was never sold on this guy. I hoped he would pan out (and I still do). With all the WR signings, he is in an uphill battle.

Thomas is definitely #1 because of his talent level and the significance of the position (s) he plays on this team. Stallworth and Welker are 2a and 2b. Stallworth represented (and still does which is why Randy can sink or swim here) a legit #1 stretch the field with production WR. Welker represents long term stability in the crucial role Troy Brown filled here through three superbowls - go to slot WR and trusted PR. #'s 4a and 4b are Brady and Morris who filled very specific needs resulting from fairly key departures. #6 is Tory James because he represents insurance against an early holdout and solid veteran backup presence for the entire unit.

Washington just represents potential backup redundancy, which is really a depth luxury. As is Randy - kind of a frosting on the cake if he pans out or someone else doesn't. But the cake was already in the oven and looking pretty good. This team was in good shape to get ready to get back after it pre draft.

Everyone grades WR's primarily by the # of catches, yds/catch, yds after catch, etc. Of all the WR's in the stable, Washington is probably the most accomplished downfield blocker of the group. He's easily more valuable than Gaffney, Caldwell, Kight and Childress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft