PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss trade to Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the Cowboys would dump T.O. just to get Moss.

The Cowboys dumped T.O. because they thought Roy Williams would become their number 1. Now that its looking like Roy won't be that number 1 they might need help.

If we lose Moss I wish they'd re-sign Watson and convert him into a WR.

If the Pats are gonna re-sign Watson, I'd prefer that they spend the time to convert him into a TE first. :)

Moss turns into this once the playoff begins.....

The-Invisible-Man%5B1%5D.jpg

I know some here love him and think he is the best Pats WR ever and the fact that he broke Rice's record in the regular season, but I would rather have a WR like Givens or Branch did back then and that was play great in both the regular season AND the playoffs.

Randy goes on vacation in January and has been sporadically good the past 2 years in the regular season when he can be dominating at times or invisible at times,thats why I say he is far from a WR than is irreplacable...not to mention he is not getting any younger and the better corners in the league have taken him out of games.

If we trade Randy (which IMO there is no chance) I don't think the team fails to get a replacement vet WR player who will fit well and I also don't think we tank the 2010 season at 6-10 without him either.

In other words this team will not be so much more bad if Moss was not here this season because if we did trade him we certainly would not leave the WR position more pathetic than it is right now....but thats not going to happen anyway Randy WILL be a Patriot for 1 more season.

With that being said I do NOT want to see Kraft dish out big bucks in 2011 for a 34 year old WR and say goodbye and good luck to him,I don't care how good he has been in the past,he won't be worth what he thinks he will be then.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anthony Spencer and Roy Williams. Maybe we throw Crable in.

Picking up Patten is strange and I wonder if it's related. That is, we'll be drafting WRs this year and he'll provide veteran (camp) leadership. As such, he's tradeable ........ we are rebuilding and I'd like to see the ball spread out more as we used to,

Not exactly eager to go into a season with David Patten as our #1 WR. *maybe* if we got Miles Austin and more back

Not exactly eager to go into a season with David Patten as our #1 WR. *maybe* if we got Miles Austin and more back

I can't imagine Patten making the team. Otherwise, why not have used him in 2009. He would be for training camp.

I'd prefer draft picks over players regarding a Moss trade, if the deal was sweet enough I'd be all for it.

I think people forget that we also have the option to pick up a few receivers in Free Agency, that being the case we should wait until after we sign Dominik Hixon and Kevin Walter before Moss is shipped out of town.

I can't imagine Patten making the team. Otherwise, why not have used him in 2009. He would be for training camp.

Patten would likely provide veteran leadership, something the team is sorely lacking, even if he's not good enough for the roster he'd be of value on the practice squad that could probably come in and contribute if someone gets injured.

This topic makes my head hurt.

Marion Barber is near the end. He may only be 26 but his running style has caught up with him. He is often injured and never was fast, but is now even slower than his first few years. He even started to shy away from contact last year. He's no where near the guy you saw play against the Patriots in 07.

Bobby Carpenter is a complete bust, i know there were rumours the Pats liked him but he only just started seeing the field this year, and that was as a 3rd down MLB. He's awful.

If anyone here is willing to trade Randy Moss for either of those guys then my god, i wish i played fantasy football against you.

This is simply ESPN's ploy to get you to subscribe to ESPN insider. You guys fell for it!!!!

This is simply ESPN's ploy to get you to subscribe to ESPN insider. You guys fell for it!!!!

Or you could just subscribe to the magazine and it comes free...

All rumors aside. I would swap Moss for Austin. Austin is young fast and extremely strong. He also has great hands and is a beast after the catch. We only have one season to look at so of course it would be a minor risk but it's much less a risk than say a 1st round draft pick. The guy is a hard worker and can definitely play. Now I am not a Moss hater, if fact I am definitely more on the apologists side. I would love for him to come back strong this season and then possibly sign for two more. Ideally I would love to have a WR like Austin, or Vincent Jackson on the other side of Moss. But at this stage in their careers I would make that swap strait up. It'll never happen though because JJ knows what he has in Austin.. Maybe he'd take a 1st rounder? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back