PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss trade to Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Well, if we had two Maroneys, we could get through a whole season. Ever think of that, smart-arse??

Or they might injure each other in practice.

Bobby Carpenter for Moss? The guy is a mediocre pro. The Cowboys would have to give up far more than Carpenter for Moss.

Carpenter is average. My impression is that if BB got his hands on him, they would use him more on the inside...

Carpenter is average. My impression is that if BB got his hands on him, they would use him more on the inside...

I was just thinking of an upgrade over Guyton who was a speed bump last year.

:confused:I disagree, Guyton wasn't playing at the level everyone is used to from that position on the Pats D, but I thought he did pretty well considering he was asked to pick up the void when Mayo was hurt and it was his first year as a starter. He did tend to tail off a bit near the end of the year, but who didn't on the defense?

Last edited:

You can make a case that Guyton isn't a hammer on run defense but I still think the kid has plenty of upside and will continue to improve. For his second year pro and his first as a full-time starter, he held his own. I want him on this team.

With that said, I do think we need an ILB that can provide some "stoutness" vs the run on a situational basis.

Last edited:
Tom can just throw to OL and RBs who needs WRs just Dallas because they like to collect them.

Carpenter is good at two things, recovering fumbles and holding in practice that is it!

Tom can just throw to OL and RBs who needs WRs just Dallas because they like to collect them.

That's pretty much who Brady will end up throwing to if we stick with this receiving corps and trade Moss away. That would be a terrible move (for us, anyway. It would turn Dallas into an offensive juggernaut). Especially with the Welker situation going into next season being an absolute unknown, it really wouldn't make sense for the Pats to trade him. Let him finish his contract this season, offer him something else next season, and see if it's good enough for him to stay. Sounds like just another rumor to me...

Here's how USELESS ESPN.com is - that rumor is nonsense speculation, looking for hits. An excerpt reads:

"In thinking about teams that could be interested, it'll likely be a team that believes it is on the cusp of a championship run, as the 33-year-old Moss is not a fundamental building block for the future at this stage of his career. As such, speculative options include the Bengals, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens and Vikings. If 2010 winds up being uncapped, Jerry Jones would have no limit on what he would pay for quality."

Here's how USELESS ESPN.com is - that rumor is nonsense speculation, looking for hits. An excerpt reads:

"In thinking about teams that could be interested, it'll likely be a team that believes it is on the cusp of a championship run, as the 33-year-old Moss is not a fundamental building block for the future at this stage of his career. As such, speculative options include the Bengals, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens and Vikings. If 2010 winds up being uncapped, Jerry Jones would have no limit on what he would pay for quality."

Ravens would make the most sense of anyone on that list as they are hurting for WRs and seem to have a decent quarterback in place to get him the ball. With that defense not getting any younger, Moss might just put them over the top. That receiving corps would go from mediocre to very good (Moss and Derrick Mason lining up across from one another with Heap patrolling the middle).

Ravens would make the most sense of anyone on that list as they are hurting for WRs and seem to have a decent quarterback in place to get him the ball. With that defense not getting any younger, Moss might just put them over the top. That receiving corps would go from mediocre to very good (Moss and Derrick Mason lining up across from one another with Heap patrolling the middle).

Mason is a FA, though. There is also talk they may cut Heap, since he has a pretty high salary ($4M) and is slowing down.

What does everyone think Moss' true trade value is? I think we may as fans be greatly exagerating what teams would be willing to give up for him.

Mason is a FA, though. There is also talk they may cut Heap, since he has a pretty high salary ($4M) and is slowing down.

Whatever man. :mad:

Rumors are that Marion Barber might be on the block since Felix Jones has taken the lead role and Tashard Choice is emerging. I would trade Moss for Barber in a heartbeat. Bring back the Golden Golpher backfield.

Really? You'd trade away a top-3 receiver in the NFL for a running back, in a passing league and you have Brady.... in a heartbeat :/

Brady's arm-strength was pretty awesome last year. Maybe he'd STILL force the ball to Moss...

Are you suggesting he should have forced the ball to Aiken?

PS: His stats were the 2nd best of his career, "forcing" the ball to Moss and Welker.

Rumor Central is ESPN's version of PFT.

Some nuggets of truth buried beneath large amounts of cr*p.

Heck, for all the facts in that piece, they could have just as easily suggested that the Patriots might be interested in trading Brady.

Depends on how you are defining top 3 wr. If I had to pick receivers based on a 5 year run, then no Moss doesn't make my top 3. This is going to be his last year and won't be a likely candidate to be franchised given his unpredictability when displeased. You don't move him if they are confident they have a legitimate chance at a superbowl next year. If you think your rebuilt defense still needs another year, then get value for the guy now rather than letting him walk for nothing at year end. Will open up money to, and you can work a deal for a Marshall or Boldin who I would rather have at this stage than Moss.

Rumor Central is ESPN's version of PFT.

Some nuggets of truth buried beneath large amounts of cr*p.

Heck, for all the facts in that piece, they could have just as easily suggested that the Patriots might be interested in trading Brady.

The thing is people here dont really comprehend what they read too well. http://http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rumor If I started a rumor that BB was to retire after this season people would be all up in arms even though its just a rumor.

Last edited:
I will throw up if Moss gets traded. I don't think I'd be happy with anyone we could get for him. Unless they could trade for Jerry Rice in 1984 via a time machine.

This is most likely a baseless rumor. I can't see them trading Moss unless they have big plans at WR. Pats have some questions there even with Moss on the team.. without him they would need a couple solid guys to fill his spot. No way JJ would deal Miles Austin for Moss. Austin just had a breakout year and looks like he's going to be very solid for years to come. Plus Dallas is pretty stacked at WR, seems like they would have to lose someone in order to add Moss. Ware would be nice but there's just no way... and that would create significant need for wr's, I probably make that swap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back