PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss slouched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
age caught up to him..i know he wants to play more...but he is that car with way too many miles..time for the junk yard aka hall of fame

Moss had a chance for a large gain down the seam where he had rare separation.....Colin decided to go for a shorter sideline pass

Ehhhh, actually the more I think of it Randy was open quite a few times and Kaep didn't even look at him.

There were definitely a few deep completions to be made on Moss.

Eh, leave Randy alone. He must be really disappointed that he didn't get a ring for a second time after coming so close.

but he's still no lying murderer pretending to be friends with God Almighty..Hahahahahaha

Someone pointed out recently how Ray keeps misquoting/misappropriating the Bible. The "no weapon" passage he kept using to rally his equally clueless teammates apparently was badly out of context, referencing women without children.

Moss just isn't a consistent difference-maker anymore. Athletically, his burst, speed, and leaping ability are all pretty much gone. It's a shame, but it happens to everyone eventually. He's still capable of producing a bit based on size, hands, and his remaining speed alone, but he's nowhere near what he was even 3-4 years ago. At this point, he seems like more of a part-time player; still able to beat his guy deep from time to time, but not someone that you design your entire defense around stopping.

I also doubt that Kaepernick's emergence helped his cause any. Crabtree is Kaep's go-to guy, along with Vernon Davis, and it seems like most of the time he doesn't even look at Moss.

It doesnt seem like Randy is seeing the ball until it lands in Reeds hands - its bad on all levels

The ball was at least 5 feet over Moss's head. Not sure what people are looking at.

I also saw Randy get wide open in the end zone last night, but Kaep missed him by throwing it to a guy covered. As Nantz mentioned, Moss also broke away from double coverage and had at least 3 yards on the last guy.

Moss was WIDE OPEN on at least 5 plays. Rookie qb didnt find him

Moss had a chance for a large gain down the seam where he had rare separation.....Colin decided to go for a shorter sideline pass

I saw that, but Vernon Davis is almost money every time.

Are we really talking about the Ed Reed interception? The ball was grossly overthrown. Randy in his prime couldn't catch that.

I'm not even sure why people are being overly critical towards Randy. I'm a huge fan of his but even I'll admit he is not the same player. No, not because he's 'slouching it' or 'dogging it', he is an aging player with declining skill set....it's not rocket science.

Also, if not for Crabtree's defense Moss would have had a touchdown in the game.

Someone pointed out recently how Ray keeps misquoting/misappropriating the Bible. The "no weapon" passage he kept using to rally his equally clueless teammates apparently was badly out of context, referencing women without children.

LOL, if this is true. He can have one of my teenagers if he wants!

Moss just isn't a consistent difference-maker anymore. Athletically, his burst, speed, and leaping ability are all pretty much gone. It's a shame, but it happens to everyone eventually. He's still capable of producing a bit based on size, hands, and his remaining speed alone, but he's nowhere near what he was even 3-4 years ago. At this point, he seems like more of a part-time player; still able to beat his guy deep from time to time, but not someone that you design your entire defense around stopping.

I also doubt that Kaepernick's emergence helped his cause any. Crabtree is Kaep's go-to guy, along with Vernon Davis, and it seems like most of the time he doesn't even look at Moss.

I think this is accurate and I think that's all he was hired to do for the 49ers. He was in the vicinity of the Reed INT and it may have been his fault (or he could have done more to break it up), but he was also wide open and not thrown to a couple of times. I think it's unfair to say he was dogging it. He's old and he appeared to be trying his best. Why wouldn't he be? He's probably never going to get a chance to get a ring again.

He's more or less a taller, faster Branch for that team.

Kaepernick is pretty locked in on Crabtree and Davis. I can't blame him though, those guys will be there for a heck of a lot longer than Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes