PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
so HGH is not a steroid? But it is banned...

Can someone with a medical background explainthe difference?

Sure. It doesn't take a medical background to answer that.

Here are some other things that aren't steroids, but are banned:

Marijuana, cocaine, heroin............

Biggest cheap shot artist in the NFL and he uses illegal performance enhancing drugs. There's a guy I want to root for.:rolleyes: Add to the list of reasons opposing fans hate Rodney "cheap shot/hgh" Harrison.

:trolls:
Biggest cheap shot artist in the NFL and he uses illegal performance enhancing drugs. There's a guy I want to root for.:rolleyes: Add to the list of reasons opposing fans hate Rodney "cheap shot/hgh" Harrison.

Guys,Whatever you do just...

You can call it whatever you want it's performance enhancing, it allows players to get back into the gym faster and onto the field sooner. I just don't have a problem with it. Brett Favre augmented his performance by getting on the field with the use of pain killers. Scott Rolen got a cortisone shot and his performance the past month has been better than it was the entire season. There are plenty of substances that don't come up as banned but can augment your performance more then that dreadful label of "Steroid".

Look at boxers, you need to maintain a certain weight to be effective, Julius Peppers and Shaun Rodgers get caught using ephedra and you haven't heard about Shaun Rodgers incident since. Maybe it's because America can relate to being out of shape.

Last edited:

Guys,Whatever you do just...

But... it's so tempting. I mean, the guy is so universally hated, why would he post here? What a loser.

Hahaha, this from someone who defends Mr. Cheap shot himself - Joey Porter

Oh wait, why go that far. I remember another cheap shot about this guy who made a bet, lost, and refused to pay up. Who was that again....

Last edited:
Rodney is just another over paid sports cheater.

But... it's so tempting. I mean, the guy is so universally hated, why would he post here? What a loser.

I know Patjew, but Aqua is lonely,he has not had a date since his last family reunion gathering (its all kept in that family,if you know what I mean)and Patriotspride is not online to annoy right now...So proceed with caution :scared:

Hahaha, this from someone who defends Mr. Cheap shot himself - Joey Porter

Oh wait, why go that far. I remember another cheap shot about this guy who made a bet, lost, and refused to pay up. Who was that again....

Did you forget

Ricky "Smoke A Doobie at halftime" Williams
and for vintage purposes
Mercury "Your neighborhood Drug Dealer" Morris

I'm not sure where his salary comes into this.....

If your boss came in tomorrow and said he would pay you $2,000,000 per year to play a GAME but just don't take any banned substances would you find it hard not to take them? What more do these guys have to be given to do what is right?

If your boss came in tomorrow and said he would pay you $2,000,000 per year to play a GAME but just don't take any banned substances would you find it hard not to take them? What more do these guys have to be given to do what is right?

You do realize that your argument is asinine, right?

Reread my statement. I said yes just for this argument (on edit to this, just saw the second response). Prove I'm wrong? I played along with you, don't back away now.

OK, you're wrong and it's clear to me that Rodney has not gained any "muscle growth" as you've stated a few times from his use of HGH. And it really was unnecessary for you to have gone through all of this to prove whatever it is you're intent on proving. You could have just answered my question from the beginning, now couldn't you? And again, Rodney hardly looks as if he's gained "muscle growth." That was the anecdotal evidence I had asked from you a few posts ago.

"The researchers found that growth hormone had a modest effect on body composition, increasing lean body mass, or muscle, by slightly more than 2 kilograms and decreasing body fat by roughly the same amount."

http://med.stanford.edu/news_releases/2007/january/growth.html

HGH is hardly the performance boosting drug you'd make it out to be. As far as more of your ranting is concerned, it really doesn't interest me at this point in your antics.

HGH doesn't improve strength the way anabolic steroids do. HGH will give you more defined muscles, but it won't give much more in the way of muscle strength.

I have seen it all. First they change the rules. Now they frame Rodney. What more can the league resort to to make it more difficult for the Pats to win. Unbelievable.

I have seen it all. First they change the rules. Now they frame Rodney. What more can the league resort to to make it more difficult for the Pats to win. Unbelievable.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

Rodney Harrison is one of those guys you just can't help but root for he plays the game the way it's suppose to be played.
If the Patriots do something stupid like release him to be high and mighty I will be in shock!
He apologized for his mistake and we should all support Rodney on his dark day and give him the same dedication, love, respect and heart that he put forward for all us fans.
God bless you Rodney and in my eyes you will never be anywhere near a cheater!

By Tom Farrey
ESPN The Magazine

Updated: September 7, 2006, 8:36 AM ET

He was born Sharmon Shah and that is how he entered UCLA, where he went on to become two-time team MVP and rush for more than 3,000 yards. By the time he was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in 1996, he was Karim Abdul-Jabbar, a convert to Islam. Later, with his profile rising after leading the NFL in total touchdowns, he was sued by the basketball legend and fellow Bruin alumnus Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the inconvenient similarity, and agreed to change his name again. His identity has evolved over time.

Kind of like his right knee.

When he was a boy, it was fine. But hip surgery at age 10 created a structural imbalance, and the pounding from football led to problems with the knee. At UCLA, he had knee surgery for the first time. With the Dolphins, he went under the knife again, with limited results. After five years in the NFL, all of the cartilage and half of the meniscus were missing, causing painful deformations in the joint. "It was pretty much bone on bone," he said.

That's when Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar, as the player ultimately became known, turned to human growth hormone. A Miami surgeon injected HGH directly into the compromised joint.

Article continues @

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2574291

i am schocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back